• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

The next captian: #39 Anthony Mantha!

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, F.Michael said:

There it is...Evidence of the 'jinx' that has haunted the Wings since 2008...Abby never should've been on the ice to hoist the Cup...He wasn't worthy.

;)

Haha many ‘unworthy’ players have hoisted the Cup over the years. Combination of blowing a 2-0 series lead, flat play ( possibly due to being an older team that played a ton of hockey in two years), and the refs giving the Pens a hand.

Jinx was probably allowing Sid to skate the Cup around the Joe. Blasphemy. A lot of old ghosts moved on that day.

15 hours ago, chaps80 said:

He skated with the Cup and was given a ring, but didn’t have his name engraved on the Cup. Played ten games the following playoffs, which included the Finals. Had the Wings won, he would have gotten his name on the Cup. Takes 41 regular season games, or one Finals game to qualify. Hence why Downey’s name is on the ‘08 Cup, as he played enough regular season games, but he didn’t dress for the playoffs. Either way, Abby has hoisted the Cup and played in the Finals. Close enough. 

FC147C42-80D9-49D5-BA18-ED332BF48DD4.jpeg

Picture: That had to be such an empty feeling, skating around with the cup knowing your name won't be on it. 

Bold: Abby's name wasn't on the cup that year because it didn't deserve to be. He only played 2 games that year. The following year he would have "qualified" because he played in the finals. But he still only played 2 regular season games that season, so I don't know that he would have "deserved" it. Still better than Jiri Slegr tho. That was a travesty.

https://www.thoughtco.com/players-names-on-the-stanley-cup-2779441

Still hoping that Abby gets his name on the cup someday tho. He's actually earned it more in the seasons since then.

13 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Picture: That had to be such an empty feeling, skating around with the cup knowing your name won't be on it. 

Bold: Abby's name wasn't on the cup that year because it didn't deserve to be. He only played 2 games that year. The following year he would have "qualified" because he played in the finals. But he still only played 2 regular season games that season, so I don't know that he would have "deserved" it. Still better than Jiri Slegr tho. That was a travesty.

https://www.thoughtco.com/players-names-on-the-stanley-cup-2779441

Still hoping that Abby gets his name on the cup someday tho. He's actually earned it more in the seasons since then.

It’s funny how one Finals game can be the difference between your name on the Cup or not. Had Abby dressed for one game in ‘08, he would have had it. So yeah, probably a bit of an empty feeling for him knowing that.

Hoisting the Cup and being given a ring is a hell of a consolation prize though.

15 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Now you're being pc.

So smart post.

Dumb response.

Honey, I’m the king of PC. You’re my bit, I mean my queen. 

6 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

So the NHL decided to put him in their 100 greatest players ever last year.  Wasn't much doubt he'd make it or many complaints.

Your IQ is higher than Toews is a better player.

So not much you know

Edited by kickazz

On 11/27/2017 at 3:03 PM, kickazz said:

Stacie I get that only one side of your brain works at a time but search your feelings, you know Yzerman was trying to be politically correct and being modest to the media. So much so that even Toews laughed it off. 

But I'm not surprised that you actually believe what Yzerman said, sometimes 50% brain capacity makes it hard to understand things. :( 

Did you know that according to Yzerman, unicorns are real and horses poop smells like strawberries? In Stacie's world that is truth. In the real world, that's called talking out your ass. 

Do you need another pen for the burn book? I know I've dissed your trolling style at least 50 times this year you must be running out of ink. If you're going to troll, learn from smarter people like the rest of us here. There's a reason why you've been banned from 5 different accounts. You're just bad at it. 

Your move. 

giphy.gif

That's ridiculous. Horses don't eat strawberries!

:lol:

18 hours ago, kliq said:

I think the only way to determine who the better captain is, would be to ask players who played under both. Cups is tough, because winning cups is a combination of leadership, talent, roster management, coaching, chemistry, strength of opponents, and even luck. No doubt both are/were good leaders, but I think its impossible to say who was better (as a leader).

Who was better as a player, its not even close.

Agreed.

Number of Cups won in [x amount of time] doesn't necessarily tell us how good a captain someone is/was or if he is/was a better captain than some other captain.

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

I know but Stacie thinks it’s true. Just like she thinks Toews is better than Yzerman.

Sorry, that was a poor attempt at humor. I am actually a very funny guy. Unfortunately, my development as a comedian was mismanaged.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Agreed.

Number of Cups won in [x amount of time] doesn't necessarily tell us how good a captain someone is/was or if he is/was a better captain than some other captain.

Stevie's nickname is "The Captain" for a reason. I would dare to say he is the best example of a captain in NHL history. Even now, he is the prototype that any player in any sport should emulate their leadership after. No one will remember in 20 years that Toews was ever a captain.