• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Learn2LuvIt

Ericsson needs to sit

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

A lot of what makes a pro player go is confidence.  When an offensive defenseman is given no PP time, plays on the PK, and is told to do the things he doesn't do well instead of what he does do well, that's going to hurt his confidence.  Babcock was trying to prove what a great coach he was by molding Smith into an all around defenseman, and I think it destroyed any confidence he had in himself, and he started overthinking everything.  When you have to think before you do it in pro sports, you're going to be behind the play every time.  I don't think he was ever going to be a top pair D, but I think he could have been better had he been allowed to play his game the way he was used to and work on the defensive side also, instead of being forced to concentrate only on the defensive side.

F*** off with your rational. Smith sucks because he's stupid. Remember that one time he batted the puck with his glove while sitting on the bench? What an idiot. By the way, Babcock is God.

He will never sit. He actually looks a bit better this season. If he didn’t sit before, he absolutely won’t now with the slight improvement.

Still a slow ass pylon though. If he’s your one defender one on one or two on one, it’s gonna end up being the goalies problem to solve, if he can.

Seems the consensus is that he's player better this year.  Maybe you all are right, I'm a tad bias as I vomit at the sight of him.  That being said, do you think the fact that he's playing better, has good size, could be considered a "veteran", could make him a viable trade asset/piece?  Or is his salary hit still too large$ for another team to consider? I want him gone!!

If you sit Ericsson, who do you replace him with? The only serious top 4 D on this team are Green, Daley, and DeKeyser. Kronner's knees won't allow him to play there full time anymore. Ouellet and Jensen are clearly bottom pairing guys, would either of them be better in that role? Nooo.

Bring up Hicketts, Russo, or Hronek and play them there with those minutes? They would get destroyed and their confidence and development along with it. No thanks. I don't want to put an untested, unproven kid into a situation that he is not ready for. That's what guys like E are for. They can handle it.

Is Ericsson a top pair D? Of course not. He is being asked to do way too much and everyone knows it, including E. He knows that each game he is being set up to fail, but he goes out there anyway, like a good soldier following orders. As much as he aggravates me sometimes, I still respect E. More importantly, I admire his loyalty and commitment to this team as shown by his willingness to always do what he is asked to do. He never questions what is asked of him. He never runs away from responsibility. He never blames anyone else. He's not afraid to drop the gloves for his teammates either. What other dman on this team does that? No one.

Sit Ericsson? Until we get a top pair D, or one of the kids are ready, me thinks not.

13 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

If you sit Ericsson, who do you replace him with? The only serious top 4 D on this team are Green, Daley, and DeKeyser. Kronner's knees won't allow him to play there full time anymore. Ouellet and Jensen are clearly bottom pairing guys, would either of them be better in that role? Nooo.

Bring up Hicketts, Russo, or Hronek and play them there with those minutes? They would get destroyed and their confidence and development along with it. No thanks. I don't want to put an untested, unproven kid into a situation that he is not ready for. That's what guys like E are for. They can handle it.

Is Ericsson a top pair D? Of course not. He is being asked to do way too much and everyone knows it, including E. He knows that each game he is being set up to fail, but he goes out there anyway, like a good soldier following orders. As much as he aggravates me sometimes, I still respect E. More importantly, I admire his loyalty and commitment to this team as shown by his willingness to always do what he is asked to do. He never questions what is asked of him. He never runs away from responsibility. He never blames anyone else. He's not afraid to drop the gloves for his teammates either. What other dman on this team does that? No one.

Sit Ericsson? Until we get a top pair D, or one of the kids are ready, me thinks not.

large.Devo_Hicketts.jpg.49186a4e180dc3ca8318ec6ce428ce7f.jpg

but what you say makes a lot of sense. 

Edited by NerveDamage

On 11/21/2017 at 10:29 AM, DickieDunn said:

A lot of what makes a pro player go is confidence.  When an offensive defenseman is given no PP time, plays on the PK, and is told to do the things he doesn't do well instead of what he does do well, that's going to hurt his confidence.  Babcock was trying to prove what a great coach he was by molding Smith into an all around defenseman, and I think it destroyed any confidence he had in himself, and he started overthinking everything.  When you have to think before you do it in pro sports, you're going to be behind the play every time.  I don't think he was ever going to be a top pair D, but I think he could have been better had he been allowed to play his game the way he was used to and work on the defensive side also, instead of being forced to concentrate only on the defensive side.

23 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

F*** off with your rational. Smith sucks because he's stupid. Remember that one time he batted the puck with his glove while sitting on the bench? What an idiot. By the way, Babcock is God.

Lol rational? What he posted was complete conjecture. Brendan had to learn, learning made him think, thinking made him less confident. Like what? Which other of Brendans emotions are you guys privy too? Please share.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lol rational? What he posted was complete conjecture. Brendan had to learn, learning made him think, thinking made him less confident. Like what? Which other of Brendans emotions are you guys privy too? Please share.

Not conjecture at all. Can't conjecturize a reality you define. Creatism 101, buddy.

43 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Not conjecture at all. Can't conjecturize a reality you define. Creatism 101, buddy.

I think Babcock wanted Ericsson to not play physical. Babs wanted to prove how smart he was by molding him into a well rounded Dman, instead of letting him play to his strengths (pun intended). Ericsson had to think about playing non physical so much, that it destroyed his confidence. Cause thinking is bad in hockey. Rational?

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think Babcock wanted Ericsson to not play physical. Babs wanted to prove how smart he was by molding him into a well rounded Dman, instead of letting him play to his strengths (pun intended). Ericsson had to think about playing non physical so much, that it destroyed his confidence. Cause thinking is bad in hockey. Rational?

Overthinkering.

We dun ruined JoEasy when we switchered him from F to D. That's -2 in alphabet math. You think anyone could survive that?

21 hours ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

Loyalty and commitment...hell, i would even work for some dictator if it earns me 20.000.000 over 5 years.  :innocent:

It doesn't hurt.

9 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

large.Devo_Hicketts.jpg.49186a4e180dc3ca8318ec6ce428ce7f.jpg

but what you say makes a lot of sense. 

What do you do when the cream sets up too long?:lol:

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ever play hockey, or any sport?  If you have to think about what you're going to do, you're too late.  The decisions have to be instantaneous.  That's why coaches and scouts talk about instinctual players.  They see something develop and know what to do.  When you make a player go against his instincts, it slows him down and he makes bad plays.

8 hours ago, Buppy said:

Overthinkering.

We dun ruined JoEasy when we switchered him from F to D. That's -2 in alphabet math. You think anyone could survive that?

Dont be silly. The organization wanted E to play a more defensive forward game, so they switched him to D for the past 10 years. Some say it destroyed his confidence, i say wait to you see his foward game 4 years from now. Hollands dog gives me all the inside scoops. 

1 minute ago, DickieDunn said:

Ever play hockey, or any sport?  If you have to think about what you're going to do, you're too late.  The decisions have to be instantaneous.  That's why coaches and scouts talk about instinctual players.  They see something develop and know what to do.  When you make a player go against his instincts, it slows him down and he makes bad plays.

Yeah i get it lol you dont seem to.

Im making fun of you for claiming to have any sort of semblance of whats happening in Smiths head. Get it?