• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

11/22 GDT : Edmonton Oilers vs Detroit Red WIngs : 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

This team looked so much better than last season until the Colorado game and now they look exactly the same.  Chasing the puck against bad teams and getting outshot, way too many turnovers, defensemen way out of position, and very average goalie play.  Inconsistency is the defining charesterisic of bad professional teams. 

While the Wings are floating tonight I thought I'd share a story of a night before Thanksgiving game (back when I drank). The Wings were playing the Blues and we were about three rows up above the glass at the end the Blues shot at twice. This is before nets but not before the Blues had Al MacInnis. I'm not kidding, every time he wound up the people just above glass-line were cringing and trying to duck down behind anything we had, programs, pizza boxes, it was like a dangerous carnival ride. If you emerged unscathed it was all in good fun. We then hit the Post bar and closed it and then of course one must choose American or Lafayette Coney Island. It's at this point, as you're walking to your car at 4 am you see people coming out of the dark one, then two then small bunches and you realize, these people are here to work or get seats for the parade in a couple hours. That'll give you a jolt. your night ends as the next day begins.