• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

11/25 GDT - Devils @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

It's actually kind of eerie. We're pretty much exactly where we were at this point last season -- nearly identical record, nearly identical point total. If memory serves, this was right around the time when we started that epic, season-long run of blown leads and OT futility (not counting the shootout, of course). Our season ended up being a ton of one-goal games, most of them losses.

Team can't win the games they need to win. This has been a thing since at least 2013. They can play it close (if only on the scoreboard), but they can't seal the deal and score that one goal that they absolutely need to score when everything is on the line and "next goal wins."

14 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Didn't deserve a win tonight anyway. Barely deserved the one loser point.

This game probably seals our non-playoffs fate. Boston and Ottawa have games in hand and they're breathing down our necks.

Can't waste these extended homestands.

Actually, I just drank some more and looked at the standings and it's not so bad.

The only positive I take from these last games are that things are normalizing. We are trickling down where we were expected to be. Which is depressing of course, but also gives us a longshot at a top pick.

9 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

The only positive I take from these last games are that things are normalizing. We are trickling down where we were expected to be. Which is depressing of course, but also gives us a longshot at a top pick.

I think people read too much into a few bad games. We are an average team, and we rank 9/16 in the conference right now purely based on points. We will jump up at time, we will drop at times. This is what happens when you have parity. 

I could easily see us making the playoffs, I could easily see us falling out of it.

Edited by kliq