• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DickieDunn

Standings, the good the bad and the ugly

Rate this topic

Ottawa, Buffalo, and Arizona are the only 3 ahead of them in the race to the bottom now.  They could catch Ottawa in the next few games.  I'd be ok with the 3rd best chance at #1 overall and guaranteed top 6.

They're 9 points out of the wildcard spot, 10 behind Boston for 3rd in the division.  They'd have to jump 6 teams to get in as a wild card, 3 to end up as 3rd in the division.  The sooner Holland and/or ownership concedes the season and goes into sell off mode the better.

3 hours ago, kliq said:

If this isn't the perfect example of parity, I dont know what is. 1 goal away from the finals last year, garbage this year. 

I mean, they overachieved last season and I was expecting them to be a middle-of-the-pack team this season. I definitely wasn't expecting them to be a bottom-three team at the end of December.

Is it Boucher fatigue?

Edited by Dabura

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

I mean, they overachieved last season and I was expecting them to be a middle-of-the-pack team this season. I definitely wasn't expecting them to be a bottom-three team at the end of December.

Is it Boucher fatigue?

I’m sure Karlsson starting the year hurt, and still not playing like himself has a lot to do with it.

26 minutes ago, Dabura said:

https://www.nhl.com/standings

TFW the bottom team in the Metro has three more points than the fourth-best team in the Atlantic.

HURRAY 4 PARITY

That wouldn't be such an issue if they had divided the eastern conference divisions up geographically correct in the first place and had Atlantic and Northeast divisions instead of the stupid Metropolitan. 

I keep looking at the standings and seeing Vegas and it makes me chuckle. Think of this, if they went on a 20 game losing streak starting right now they would be 29-30-2 and still would be having a very good expansion year. 

4 hours ago, puckbags said:

I keep looking at the standings and seeing Vegas and it makes me chuckle. Think of this, if they went on a 20 game losing streak starting right now they would be 29-30-2 and still would be having a very good expansion year. 

They're certainly holding up their end of the Wings-Knights 2018 SCF bargain. Unfortunately, the other half is the Wings. :(

23 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Vegas' record is insane.  What impresses me is that they're doing it with a lot of younger guys and not just loaded up on vets like the Panthers did early on.

Speed kills and no one has figured out the team yet. No real coaching strategy against them yet.

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

Speed kills and no one has figured out the team yet. No real coaching strategy against them yet.

I could easily see them falling back down to earth next year once they are figured out.

2 hours ago, kliq said:

I could easily see them falling back down to earth next year once they are figured out.

I think it'll happen sooner than that.  They'll still make the playoffs, I just think they start cooling off after the All Star break. Their success so far just seems unsustainable with that roster.

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I think it'll happen sooner than that.  They'll still make the playoffs, I just think they start cooling off after the All Star break. Their success so far just seems unsustainable with that roster.

It reminds me of when a pitcher joins the MLB for the first time and just kills it (think Dontrelle Willis), then once opposing teams have enough stats, tape, scouting etc. they figure him out and all of a sudden you see a rapid drop in production.

The only way they don't get worse, is if guys that we dont think are elite, end up becoming elite. (ie. Karlsson and Marchessault).

3 hours ago, kliq said:

It reminds me of when a pitcher joins the MLB for the first time and just kills it (think Dontrelle Willis), then once opposing teams have enough stats, tape, scouting etc. they figure him out and all of a sudden you see a rapid drop in production.

The only way they don't get worse, is if guys that we dont think are elite, end up becoming elite. (ie. Karlsson and Marchessault).

Like Mrazek?