• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DickieDunn

Standings, the good the bad and the ugly

Rate this topic

Our standing is good. Bring up the kids.

Sell what you can. Waive what you can. Convince to retire what you can.

If done properly we'll still be bad next season. But with the right mix of young kids we would be a more interesting product, hopefully translating to attendance and mumbles on the electronic internet thingie that soon will be Skynet.

Edited by Jacksoni

https://www.nhl.com/standings/2017/league

God the Atlantic is garbage.

• The Sens have decided to lose the rest of their games, because they hate themselves and they hate the world (but mostly they hate themselves)
  • Marc Bergevin is a man of extremes and big dumb dramatic gestures, so he's probably going to trade everyone and secure a 31st overall finish
  • The Sabres are AHL-tier
  • The Panthers are a soccer team

Hate to say it, but the Wings need to up their tank game.

50 minutes ago, Dabura said:

https://www.nhl.com/standings/2017/league

God the Atlantic is garbage.

• The Sens have decided to lose the rest of their games, because they hate themselves and they hate the world (but mostly they hate themselves)
  • Marc Bergevin is a man of extremes and big dumb dramatic gestures, so he's probably going to trade everyone and secure a 31st overall finish
  • The Sabres are AHL-tier
  • The Panthers are a soccer team

Hate to say it, but the Wings need to up their tank game.

Everyone just hates the Red Wings, like they do the Yankees or the Patriots. They hate us to the point that they looked and saw us tanking, and decided they couldn't let us win at that either.

Sidenote: At a hockey bar in Seattle Washington that I was in a few months back a Florida Panthers fan started chanting f*** THE RED WINGS and everyone in the bar joined in (fans from all different teams). They did not do this for any other team. It felt good knowing they still respect us enough to hate us.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Everyone just hates the Red Wings, like they do the Yankees or the Patriots. They hate us to the point that they looked and saw us tanking, and decided they couldn't let us win at that either.

Sidenote: At a hockey bar in Seattle Washington that I was in a few months back a Florida Panthers fan started chanting f*** THE RED WINGS and everyone in the bar joined in (fans from all different teams). They did not do this for any other team. It felt good knowing they still respect us enough to hate us.

I know.  I love being the most hated team.  It just means you're doing something right.

Somehow there are 3 teams in the East worse than Detroit, all 3 in the same division.  

Detroit is 7th from the bottom.  They have a decent shot of catching Montreal and Edmonton, maybe Vancouver, and an outside chance at Ottawa.  Buffalo and Arizona (how they're still in that City is a testament to Bettman's stubbornness and machinations) are well beyond catching.  Odds are Detroit will be 5, 6, or 7 in chances at #1 overall.  Buffalo, Ottawa, and Arizona will probably have the 3 best.

5 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Somehow there are 3 teams in the East worse than Detroit, all 3 in the same division.  

Detroit is 7th from the bottom.  They have a decent shot of catching Montreal and Edmonton, maybe Vancouver, and an outside chance at Ottawa.  Buffalo and Arizona (how they're still in that City is a testament to Bettman's stubbornness and machinations) are well beyond catching.  Odds are Detroit will be 5, 6, or 7 in chances at #1 overall.  Buffalo, Ottawa, and Arizona will probably have the 3 best.

So we'll likely have between a 6.7-8.5% chance at Dahlin, and a 20.9-25.9% chance at a top three pick. I like those odds. Last year the Flyers had a 2.2% chance at landing that number two pick. They got it.

I have a very good feeling about this draft lottery. We're definitely moving up.

I am lighting candles and praying on draft order selection day as I will go screaming into the neighborhood if either the Rags or Hawks get Philly lucky this year.  Imagine sucking like us and carrying those big contracts in Chicago. Hats off to NY for their magnificent job of engineering themselves into a tank. 

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
spelling correction

With Edmonton's win on Saturday, we've now moved to 6th worst. (Same spot as we finished last year.) A #6 has never won the lottery. So depending on whether you lean to the optimistic or pessimistic side of the gambler's fallacy, we're either due or doomed. :)

25 minutes ago, Buppy said:

With Edmonton's win on Saturday, we've now moved to 6th worst. (Same spot as we finished last year.) A #6 has never won the lottery. So depending on whether you lean to the optimistic or pessimistic side of the gambler's fallacy, we're either due or doomed. :)

Being a gambler I think number 6 is about to hit and hit big time. 

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

Duemed.

2 hours ago, Buppy said:

1B99676D-E591-4340-818F-0E0849D2F605.jpeg

14 hours ago, Buppy said:

Luckily I think we could still do worse and increase those odds yet. So feel free to pass us, Habs, Sens and Canucks

19 minutes ago, brett said:

As long as we're one of the 15 worst teams in the league we have the same chance as grabbing the number one pick even if we were the worst team in the league. Correct?

No. Right now Arizona has an 18% chance at #1 overall, we have a 7.6% chance, and St. Louis has a 1% chance...

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds