• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

11/30 GDT - Canadiens @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

Local Red Wing fans are very casual fans in recent years. Red Wing fans that live in DAL that go to DAL games when DET plays them are even louder crowd than us at home. This has been like this for a few years now. I am not all as surprised by the lack of people showing up. My brother and I got into it before the year started, I told him they would have trouble selling seats if we sucked or at least don't have a talented player that can bring you out of you seat at any moment( Datz ). His thinking was that the new arena would bring people in, bad or not. This isn't a Canadian team or New York, if the Wings are not winning the local fan base doesn't care.

I noticed this kind of when I went to the Winter Classic at the big house. Without question there was more TOR fans than DET and two times louder.

Theses forums and GDT are a good example also, years past this would be 12+ pages by now easy. Now lucky to hit 4 pages on a GDT.

Edited by xault

1 hour ago, NerveDamage said:

and these guys on the 4th line

slapshot.jpeg

Put em on any line. They can score and scrap. Need a Reg Dunlop to get these goalies we’ve been facing lately off their game too. Least make things entertaining. Haven’t seen a good goalie flip out in a long time.

3 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I'm just at a loss, nothing productive to say. Nothing changes, nothing will improve. It's going to be a long season.

This is almost a carbon copy of last season - start strong and fade into oblivion by Christmas 

Well, I believe this team requires two Dahlins, Cholowski, plus Rasmussen, Svechnikov and two other Manthas to cover the non-existing depth. There´s nothing coach can do with that, either there´s nothing this season can change on that fact. 

1 hour ago, Juklitz said:

Well, I believe this team requires two Dahlins, Cholowski, plus Rasmussen, Svechnikov and two other Manthas to cover the non-existing depth. There´s nothing coach can do with that, either there´s nothing this season can change on that fact. 

There's nothing wrong with our depth, we just need a couple elite players at the top. Dahlin would be a start for sure.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

There's nothing wrong with our depth, we just need a couple elite players at the top. Dahlin would be a start for sure.

I was trying to be positive at least with what we´ve got.. :confused:

22 minutes ago, Juklitz said:

I was trying to be positive at least with what we´ve got.. :confused:

Trying to be positive? That's not what I read... Anyway, I understand being down on this team, but I still don't think we're as far away as some may think, even with this 7 game losing streak. If we get a couple top end players (Dahlin / Svechnikov and whoever else) to go along with our couple high end players (Larkin, Mantha), I think we'll be in decent shape going forward. Depth isn't an issue.

I’m at the point where if/when we don’t compete for a playoff spot I want us, as an organization, to clean house - don’t renew Holland, fire AHL coach, finally be done with Howard and maybe Mrazek, send off everyone else except Z, Tatar, AA, Larkin and Mantha 

10 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Yeah...The idea of driving 350 miles for a game this spring with the wife, and kiddies really doesn't sound appealing.

Already paid for the Feb 24th game along with plane tickets etc. Oh well get to see a "game" in new arena and see family that weekend. Hello Haloburger in Flint! 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Trying to be positive? That's not what I read...

That´s because your post could have two possible meanings. Nevermind, additional high end players is something everyone should agree on. 

8 hours ago, kylee said:

I’m at the point where if/when we don’t compete for a playoff spot I want us, as an organization, to clean house - don’t renew Holland, fire AHL coach, finally be done with Howard and maybe Mrazek, send off everyone else except Z, Tatar, AA, Larkin and Mantha 

Our goalies are fine.  It's the team in front of them....

4 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Our goalies are fine.  It's the team in front of them....

I agree with this. But it’s  time to change it up. 10 goals against in two straight starts, Howard needs a break. Paying $9+ million for two goalies..use both. I understand Petr is the ‘backup’ this season, but nothing wrong with giving him a shot after the last two games. Both need to play a fair amount of games so the team can properly evaluate where to go in the offseason, because there is a decision to be made with Petr and to resign him or not, and what’s he worth? Jimmy has one season left, but could he be moved at the deadline next season to a contender needing insurance? If he is moved, there has to be someone ready to take over. Is it Petr? Won’t know until you can evaluate him properly. A start every few games and coming in in relief when Jimmy lays a turd isn’t enough. 

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I agree with this. But it’s  time to change it up. 10 goals against in two straight starts, Howard needs a break. Paying $9+ million for two goalies..use both. I understand Petr is the ‘backup’ this season, but nothing wrong with giving him a shot after the last two games. Both need to play a fair amount of games so the team can properly evaluate where to go in the offseason, because there is a decision to be made with Petr and to resign him or not, and what’s he worth? Jimmy has one season left, but could he be moved at the deadline next season to a contender needing insurance? If he is moved, there has to be someone ready to take over. Is it Petr? Won’t know until you can evaluate him properly. A start every few games and coming in in relief when Jimmy lays a turd isn’t enough. 

Relax. For all you know they probably will start Mrazek next game. 

Howard was declared the starter,  meaning the goalie battle from two years ago concluded. You don’t just bench your starter with two bad losses. 

With Howard slumping I assume Mrazek could get an opportunity, maybe not since he’s a backup. 1 year ago Mrazek would have gotten the chance right away since we had two starters. Now we have one starter and one backup. Simple as that. 

We may see Mrazek next game.

21 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Relax. For all you know they probably will start Mrazek next game. 

Howard was declared the starter,  meaning the goalie battle from two years ago concluded. You don’t just bench your starter with two bad losses. 

With Howard slumping I assume Mrazek could get an opportunity, maybe not since he’s a backup. 1 year ago Mrazek would have gotten the chance right away since we had two starters. Now we have one starter and one backup. Simple as that. 

We may see Mrazek next game.

I don’t see anything wrong with alternating them like they did before. Lots of money in both. Why not have them both playing?

BUT, I do get it. Howard is the starter this season so that won’t happen. The goalie battle you speak of had already concluded a year ago though. Last season Mrazek was the starter and Howard was on the trade block. Mrazek had a bad season and lost the job, even though starters don’t  often lose jobs after one bad season. But, that’s the past.

When Mrazek had his great stretch at the start of 2015-16, and Howard was struggling, they were still giving him starts trying to get him going. Same thing I’m talking about here. 

I dunno, two bad losses when the team is struggling and winless in 6 should be enough to give your backup goalie a start. We’ll see tomorrow. I think Howard will start though.

8 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I don’t see anything wrong with alternating them like they did before. Lots of money in both. Why not have them both playing?

BUT, I do get it. Howard is the starter this season so that won’t happen. The goalie battle you speak of had already concluded a year ago though. Last season Mrazek was the starter and Howard was on the trade block. Mrazek had a bad season and lost the job, even though starters don’t  often lose jobs after one bad season. But, that’s the past.

When Mrazek had his great stretch at the start of 2015-16, and Howard was struggling, they were still giving him starts trying to get him going. Same thing I’m talking about here. 

I dunno, two bad losses when the team is struggling and winless in 6 should be enough to give your backup goalie a start. We’ll see tomorrow. I think Howard will start though.

Maybe because they’ve deemed Mrazek as not having a future. In 3 years he couldn’t attain the starter position and keep it. Kind of like Manny Legace who kept getting chances between 03-05 and blew it.

Edited by kickazz