• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/2 GDT - Red Wings @ Canadiens - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

I hope the Tiger loving, pizza eating Ilitches watched this s***ty game.

55 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Hilarious. I checked out at 6-0.

It's not going to be fun tomorrow living here in Montreal. 

Tell the fans that most of them have never seen their team even play in the Finals.  

ive stuck it out as long as i could. 10-1 thats a ******* joke. 2-4-4 last 10 games and losing most games when we have a lead. pathetic coaching. the avs game is when i really stopped. being up 3-1 with 10 mins left to lose in OT to one of the worse teams in the league i knew it wouldnt get better. i dont find enjoyment watching this team anymore. im sure theres tons of others that stopped before me. props to the major wings fans still watching. hope youre getting some enjoyment out of it.

Wouldnt shock me to see Holland fire Blashill this week. It seems as if ownership wants the Wings in the playoffs, and I think its fair to say that Blashill is not likely going to get them there. 

We have seen it time after time, GM fires a coach around this time of year, new coach comes around and turns things around. At this point, Holland has to be thinking about it, especially if he wants to be back next year which I think he does. 

Normally I would ask, "if you want to fire blank, who out there is better?". Well, today there are plenty of options with Dave Tippett coming to mind first.

@LeftWinger if you got this Tippet instead, would that be a bit of redemption from the draft lol?

1 hour ago, Son of a Wing said:

Blashill and Holland will finish out the season. No self respecting coach will want to be a lame duck.

Agreed.

If Blashill does get the boot before the season's over, it'll be an interim replacement (Torchetti or maybe Nelson).

Blashill's probably gone when the season's over. Elliotte Friedman noted a few weeks ago that the Wings "did some due diligence on [Dave] Tippett."

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Agreed.

If Blashill does get the boot before the season's over, it'll be an interim replacement (Torchetti or maybe Nelson).

Blashill's probably gone when the season's over. Elliotte Friedman noted a few weeks ago that the Wings "did some due diligence on [Dave] Tippett."

I actually had no idea about this....that just reinforces what I said above. Interesting. 

I know a lot of fans want Holland gone, and as a result say he will be gone, but I think that's fans projecting what they want as fact. I really dont see him not being renewed unless he doesnt want the role anymore. (this part not directed at you)

Edited by kliq

16 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Agreed.

I've actually been wanting this since training camp.

I am a little biased since he used to coach our team here.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

9 minutes ago, kliq said:

I actually had no idea about this....that just reinforces what I said above. Interesting. 

I know a lot of fans want Holland gone, and as a result say he will be gone, but I think that's fans projecting what they want as fact. I really dont see him not being renewed unless he doesnt want the role anymore. (this part not directed at you)

A couple months ago I was pretty sure Holland would stick with the job. Now? I'm thinking there's a good chance he gracefully bows out, "moves upstairs."

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I've actually been wanting this since training camp.

I'm not sure he'd be an improvement over Blashill, tbh.

17 minutes ago, Dabura said:

A couple months ago I was pretty sure Holland would stick with the job. Now? I'm thinking there's a good chance he gracefully bows out, "moves upstairs."

The reason why I dont see this, is because right now Holland's legacy is at an all time low. I have a book from maybe 8? years ago that ranks the best players, coaches, GM's of all time and Ken Holland was ranked the #2 best GM ever. To have this type of respect, then have it all go away, I think that alone is motivation to continue what you are doing and attempt to bring the Wings back. Think about it.

Option A) Holland steps down, fans say the 3 cups were luck, and he was exposed. Just look at the posts of guys like @Jonas Mahonas @LeftWinger etc. They hate him now.

Option B) He stays, turns it around and wins a 4th cup, goes back to being one of the best ever. IF he did this, no fan would dispute his legacy.

If I am Holland, I am picking option B. Not saying he WILL turn it around, I'm saying in his mind, this is what I think he is thinking. Or at least, if I were Holland, what I would be thinking. If I were Holland, I would want nothing more then to prove people wrong.

But to play devils advocate to my own point, if he steps down and someone else take over and wins, he will get some credit (ie. Chicago/Dale Tallon) if he keeps going and gets fired, his "end" becomes just sad.

6 minutes ago, kliq said:

The reason why I dont see this, is because right now Holland's legacy is at an all time low. I have a book from maybe 8? years ago that ranks the best players, coaches, GM's of all time and Ken Holland was ranked the #2 best GM ever. To have this type of respect, then have it all go away, I think that alone is motivation to continue what you are doing and attempt to bring the Wings back. Think about it.

Option A) Holland steps down, fans say the 3 cups were luck, and he was exposed. Just look at the posts of guys like @Jonas Mahonas @DickieDunnetc. They hate him now.

Option B) He stays, turns it around and wins a 4th cup, goes back to being one of the best ever. IF he did this, no fan would dispute his legacy.

If I am Holland, I am picking option B. Not saying he WILL turn it around, I'm saying in his mind, this is what I think he is thinking. Or at least, if I were Holland, what I would be thinking. If I were Holland, I would want nothing more then to prove people wrong.

But to play devils advocate to my own point, if he steps down and someone else take over and wins, he will get some credit (ie. Chicago/Dale Tallon) if he keeps going and gets fired, his "end" becomes just sad.

Fixed

10 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Fixed

lol, I actually had Dickie in there originally, but as negative as he can be regarding Holland, when Holland does do something good, he gives him credit. Doesn't just bash him to bash him.