• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/2 GDT - Red Wings @ Canadiens - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

If Holland decides to go with 'option B' - he better get off his lazy @ss, and do something.

For starters he needs to look as though he cares, and sends Blashill packing...Then he looks for a replacement outside of the Wings organization...Fresh meat is needed IMHO.

Agreed.

55 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Our “starter” Howard  should have stayed on the bench. Least Mrazek was  stopping some pucks. Howard really sucks lately. 

His 2.94 GAA is on the bad side, but you know whats worse....Mrazek's GAA of 3.62.

4 hours ago, kliq said:

Wouldnt shock me to see Holland fire Blashill this week. It seems as if ownership wants the Wings in the playoffs, and I think its fair to say that Blashill is not likely going to get them there. 

We have seen it time after time, GM fires a coach around this time of year, new coach comes around and turns things around. At this point, Holland has to be thinking about it, especially if he wants to be back next year which I think he does. 

Normally I would ask, "if you want to fire blank, who out there is better?". Well, today there are plenty of options with Dave Tippett coming to mind first.

@LeftWinger if you got this Tippet instead, would that be a bit of redemption from the draft lol?

I wouldn't mind Dave Tippet, not a huge fan but... he's always been able to get players to play above their talent appears to be. I do wish we've gotten Gallant if I am honest. Time to go after a name, we tried within our own system, hasn't worked.

Babcock needs to go, KH is a great GM, architect, builder and he needs to stay. 

With some luck we could end up with 1st draft pick which genius will trade down for couple of 2nd rounder....

KH is unable to rebuild anything as a true builders of Detroit succes are in Chicago, Dallas, Tamba Bay...

It's just a bad management when your Def is top 5 most expensive in the NHL and one of the worst at the same time....

1 hour ago, kliq said:

His 2.94 GAA is on the bad side, but you know whats worse....Mrazek's GAA of 3.62.

Mrazek has also been on the wrong side of back to back games and has had an extremely tight leash. He also hasn't been getting any starts so there is sampling error and the inability for him to have the chance to become consistent.

Also, this team isn't a new coach away from making the playoffs. This team is spectacularly untalented outside of Larkin and Mantha. Literally every other player on the team is replacement level talent. Even Babcock realized that this team wasn't going anywhere, why do you think he got out of Dodge so quickly? Because he knew that this team had at least half a decade of terrible hockey ahead of it and he didn't want to take the career hit because of it. So call for Blashill's head all you want, but no one is going to do much better in his position. And realistically ask yourselves do you want them to? Does somehow resuscitating this corpse for one more seasons of 1st round fodder hockey fix any of the problems? The answer is this is healthy for the team, they need to suck, because they need to rebuild the only way its possible to rebuild.

3 hours ago, Shaman said:

Mrazek has also been on the wrong side of back to back games and has had an extremely tight leash. He also hasn't been getting any starts so there is sampling error and the inability for him to have the chance to become consistent.

This is complete b.s. and you know it. He's had plenty of opportunity over the last 3 years. He's had 1 good season and hasn't been good since, of course he lost the starter job, of course he plays back to backs and only gets a couple starts. Because he is garbage. 

3 hours ago, Shaman said:

Sampling error??? He was the starter last year and played 50 games and his GAA was 3.04. 3.04!! What is this? 1980 hockey? That’s a terrible GAA number. 

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, Shaman said:

You sound like a Mrazek slappy. Guy has played like garbage for 2 years now, it all started against the NYI on his birthday in 2015. Call "sampling error" all you want, but I call BS. Even LV didnt want him.

6 hours ago, Shaman said:

Also, this team isn't a new coach away from making the playoffs. This team is spectacularly untalented outside of Larkin and Mantha. Literally every other player on the team is replacement level talent. Even Babcock realized that this team wasn't going anywhere, why do you think he got out of Dodge so quickly? Because he knew that this team had at least half a decade of terrible hockey ahead of it and he didn't want to take the career hit because of it. So call for Blashill's head all you want, but no one is going to do much better in his position. And realistically ask yourselves do you want them to? Does somehow resuscitating this corpse for one more seasons of 1st round fodder hockey fix any of the problems? The answer is this is healthy for the team, they need to suck, because they need to rebuild the only way its possible to rebuild.

It's not about finding a new coach that will take us to the playoffs right away, right now for myself. I never expected them to make the playoffs this season as is, if they do, chances are they are bounce in 5 games or less. That's no good for anyone.

My issue with Bashill is how terrible his line management and match ups are. His terrible decision making on who, what and when should be on the ice. The fact that almost every single player has regress in some way. If they haven't regress, they've stayed the same.That he has shown, he is unable to coach up lesser talent into anything. 

Last, I also believe the team has tune Bashill out. No doubt the vets are hearing echos of Babs with every word Bashill says. I think he's never really on a grip on the locker room.

At this point, I just want something completely different. Not more of the same with that's a lesser product and effect.

Edited by xault

WOW.  Just wow.  Luckily I missed the game do to work but the recap was more than embarrassing.  This team has so many holes in it that it's actually hard to pick a starting point.  The defensive core is atrocious, and as almost everyone has said only Larkin and Mantha (perhaps Andreas too) give any hope upfront.  There are no words to describe the disappointment in Tatar and Nyquist, theyre horrendous to say the least.  IF Holland continues to sit on his hands here and do absolutely nothing then this Red Wings team is in a lot of trouble and it's sad to see

I have never seen a loss like this since Stevie was a year or so into the league. WOW!!

Once a team quits on their coach he needs to go. It isn't fair but as they say you can't fire the team. Blashill is in over his head. He blames the wrong guys. And him and his coaching staff seem to have no answers but lots and lots of excuses and cute quotes. That is for losers. ******* losers. About a 100 games in and he is not the answer to move this team forward. The Calder Cup win is a distant memory. 

Holland? FFS Chris Illitch might even bring him back. Yes. Imagine that. He is guaranteed to write his own ticket. He is doing our organization a huge disservice. Move upstairs already or go home to Western Canada with your riches.

We have had the enjoyment of 3 HOF captains in a row. But when I turn on the postgame and see my current captain about to cry on a national TV broadcast all I can ask is WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO STEP IN AND DO SOMETHING? I can only imagine what Hank and Pavs talk about these days. The fans love you Hank!!

Nyquist, Tatar, Abdelkader make me sick. I expected a hell of a lot more than what they have delivered and it seems it is not going to happen in Detroit for them. (6 more years of Abby all because he's from Michigan? SMFH) Mailing it in over and over and over. Petr or Howie need to go. Green is waiting on a phone call from a playoff team and best believe it is coming.

How the hell did we turn into this? A team with NO direction. NO plan. No preparation. And zero accountability.

Call the front office and tell them how you feel. I don't know what else to say.

Disgusting.

Edited by motorcitykid

First of all, Howard is an above average goaltender. Mrazek is a below average goaltender. 

Howard's career stats are:

GP W L OT GAA Sv%
423 207 132 58 2.46 .915

Mrazek's career stats are:

GP W L OT GAA Sv%
153 66 55 18 2.62

Howard's numbers are better in all categories. Numbers don't lie, and the numbers say Howard is better.

As for sample size, Mrazek has played in 153 NHL games and almost 8000 minutes. How big of a sample size do we need to see who is better? That's like going into the grocery store, and instead of getting a tiny cube of cheese on a toothpick, the sample lady gives you the whole wheel!

22 hours ago, kliq said:

The reason why I dont see this, is because right now Holland's legacy is at an all time low. I have a book from maybe 8? years ago that ranks the best players, coaches, GM's of all time and Ken Holland was ranked the #2 best GM ever. To have this type of respect, then have it all go away, I think that alone is motivation to continue what you are doing and attempt to bring the Wings back. Think about it.

Option A) Holland steps down, fans say the 3 cups were luck, and he was exposed. Just look at the posts of guys like @Jonas Mahonas @LeftWinger etc. They hate him now.

Option B) He stays, turns it around and wins a 4th cup, goes back to being one of the best ever. IF he did this, no fan would dispute his legacy.

If I am Holland, I am picking option B. Not saying he WILL turn it around, I'm saying in his mind, this is what I think he is thinking. Or at least, if I were Holland, what I would be thinking. If I were Holland, I would want nothing more then to prove people wrong.

But to play devils advocate to my own point, if he steps down and someone else take over and wins, he will get some credit (ie. Chicago/Dale Tallon) if he keeps going and gets fired, his "end" becomes just sad.

I completely agree about why he'd want to keep the job. He wants to "leave no doubt," as Babcock would say. Ego. Personal redemption arch. Attaining "Legend" status.

What I'm starting to question, though, is how much that actually means to him. Maybe he's privately in "I'm too old for this s***" mode.

Would like to really know what goes on in Holland's mind about this. Yes, we have heard the official version and I doubt it's far from what he's thinking and feeling, he seems like an honest guy and I doubt he's bulls***ting the fans.

But time of legacy is creeping on him, real tight now. Looking at it all he's still great, his past cannot be denied but that fresh big dent on his once new car is obvious. What will he do - scrap it or refurbish it, despite the cost?

Addon: he is not getting canned. Coach will if anything. But he'll either resign or stay on his own behalf. He is Red Wings just as Gordie was and Yzerman was. Yes Howe was treated rather bad in the end but owners (C. Ilitch) learned, perhaps a bit too much in our case at the end.

Edited by Jacksoni