• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Jonas Mahonas

Ovechkin to 1,000 Goals?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

34, 35, 36.

 

KRSmith: "He might get to 50 this year."

 

Ha ha ha ha

And he only scored in 2 of the 16 games prior to last night....so.......you never really know.  Take Laine for example, he scored 21 goals in his first 24 games and has scored 4 goals in his last 24.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

And he only scored in 2 of the 16 games prior to last night....so.......you never really know.  Take Laine for example, he scored 21 goals in his first 24 games and has scored 4 goals in his last 24.

So, what you're saying is goal scores are streaky? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

And he only scored in 2 of the 16 games prior to last night....so.......you never really know.  Take Laine for example, he scored 21 goals in his first 24 games and has scored 4 goals in his last 24.

This.

Slumps happen, even to the most lethal goal scorers. Ovechkin's longest goal scoring drought is 10 games. That's insane, but it could and likely will happen again, the older he gets...

Injuries happen, even to the most durable players. Ovechkin has only missed 4 games in the past 4 and half seasons. That's great, but an injury can happen at any time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So, what you're saying is goal scores are streaky? :lol:

We all know they are....yes.....but the main point is.....he had 29 goals in 32 games, people thinking he had a chance for 50 in 50 or he's a lock for 50 or 60 goals because of that pace.....people getting laughed at because they say he has a "chance" at 50, like thinking he might not get there is stupid....that's not the case at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

We all know they are....yes.....but the main point is.....he had 29 goals in 32 games, people thinking he had a chance for 50 in 50 or he's a lock for 50 or 60 goals because of that pace.....people getting laughed at because they say he has a "chance" at 50, like thinking he might not get there is stupid....that's not the case at all.

Wrekt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

We all know they are....yes.....but the main point is.....he had 29 goals in 32 games, people thinking he had a chance for 50 in 50 or he's a lock for 50 or 60 goals because of that pace.....people getting laughed at because they say he has a "chance" at 50, like thinking he might not get there is stupid....that's not the case at all.

He had a "chance" at 70.

 

50 was/is LOCKED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the Caps' Cup video earlier. Seeing all the goals that went in on both sides each round, they were lucky they had Ovie score all the goals he did to balance out Holtby's inconsistent play. When he was on, he was on, but man he let in some garbage when he was off. The look on Ovie's face like "f***, i guess we need ANOTHER one." Absolutely deserved that Smythe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I watched the Caps' Cup video earlier. Seeing all the goals that went in on both sides each round, they were lucky they had Ovie score all the goals he did to balance out Holtby's inconsistent play. When he was on, he was on, but man he let in some garbage when he was off. The look on Ovie's face like "f***, i guess we need ANOTHER one." Absolutely deserved that Smythe.

I have no issues with it going to Ovie, but could have just as easily gone to Kuznetsov.  Ovie had 15g and 27pts vs. Kuznetsov's 12g and 32pts.  In the finals, Ovie had 5pts vs. Kuznetsov's 8pts, but he had 3 goals vs. Kuznetsov's 1.  Sometimes I'd default to the centreman if it's close because it's a more important position (but not sure Kuznetsov really plays the overall type game or not...), sometimes you default to the captain as well if you want a tie breaker because a lot of times they are carrying a bigger load than just scoring (again, similar to Kuznetsov at C, I'm not close enough to the team to make the call as to whether Ovie is your typically C type guy).......so I just go by stats with them and figure it's a toss up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

I have no issues with it going to Ovie, but could have just as easily gone to Kuznetsov.  Ovie had 15g and 27pts vs. Kuznetsov's 12g and 32pts.  In the finals, Ovie had 5pts vs. Kuznetsov's 8pts, but he had 3 goals vs. Kuznetsov's 1.  Sometimes I'd default to the centreman if it's close because it's a more important position (but not sure Kuznetsov really plays the overall type game or not...), sometimes you default to the captain as well if you want a tie breaker because a lot of times they are carrying a bigger load than just scoring (again, similar to Kuznetsov at C, I'm not close enough to the team to make the call as to whether Ovie is your typically C type guy).......so I just go by stats with them and figure it's a toss up.

Ovechkin was known to really pick up his defense last year, including the playoffs. He didn't win the Smyth just because he scored a lot of goals or points. He won it because he did all that and played great defense. He had 80 some hits, a ton of takeaways, lots of blocked shots. He was all over the ice. Also if I'm not mistaken he was the only one that scored a point in each game in the finals. You may be looking at totals; but you have the look at the spread and contribution overall. 

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 in 61 games now. 

He'll hit 50.

60 still within reach if he has a late season surge. Currently at 18% Shooting percentage. He is a monster 

I know this threads dumb title is "Ovechkin to 1000 goals" but can't wait to watch this guy beat Gretzky's record. Rooting for him to do it 100% 

 

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kickazz said:

44 in 61 games now. 

He'll hit 50.

60 still within reach if he has a late season surge. Currently at 18% Shooting percentage. He is a monster 

I know this threads dumb title is "Ovechkin to 1000 goals" but can't wait to watch this guy beat Gretzky's record. Rooting for him to do it 100% 

 

It won't be dumb in 5 years when he's at 900 with 7 years left in his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ovi just hit 45 goals in a season for the 10th time, most in NHL history.

At this point is he the greatest goal scorer of all time? Gretsky and Bossy both played in the 80s, and Ovi probably would've been putting up 60/70 goal seasons like they were back then if he was in that era. Bossy had the shortened career too so it's hard to say with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 9:03 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ovi just hit 45 goals in a season for the 10th time, most in NHL history.

At this point is he the greatest goal scorer of all time? Gretsky and Bossy both played in the 80s, and Ovi probably would've been putting up 60/70 goal seasons like they were back then if he was in that era. Bossy had the shortened career too so it's hard to say with him.

Wade Grepski got 50 in 39.  That was epic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:52 AM, Jonas Mahonas said:

I'll respond to this ridiculous post here, since that's where it belongs...

Why would I be involved in any "crow eating festivities", aside from serving it up, and watching you eat mounds of it?

You think I should "eat crow" IF he hits 50? LOL

Euro_Twins says that Ovechkin will beat his 65 goal season. I say that he likely won't, but has a "good chance" to hit 50. I actually predicted that Ovechkin will score 53 this season. I'm probably going to come up short, but still a hell of a lot closer than what you (and others) thought he was going to score back in December... 

I think you should go back and read the previous page and a half, and then tell me who should be eating crow...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'll respond to this ridiculous post here, since that's where it belongs...

Why would I be involved in any "crow eating festivities", aside from serving it up, and watching you eat mounds of it?

You think I should "eat crow" IF he hits 50? LOL

Euro_Twins says that Ovechkin will beat his 65 goal season. I say that he likely won't, but has a "good chance" to hit 50. I actually predicted that Ovechkin will score 53 this season. I'm probably going to come up short, but still a hell of a lot closer than what you (and others) thought he was going to score back in December... 

I think you should go back and read the previous page and a half, and then tell me who should be eating crow...

 

He baited you dude. He knows you never said that lol.

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

He knows I never said what? He didn't really say I said anything. Just being usual dumb Jonas...

He knows you predicted he would hit 50, and still posted saying you would eat crow. It’s classic Jonas to get someone to respond. 

It’s like me going around and posting that you hate AA, just to get you to respond. But we all know you’re not one of the AA haters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

He knows you predicted he would hit 50, and still posted saying you would eat crow. It’s classic Jonas to get someone to respond. 

It’s like me going around and posting that you hate AA, just to get you to respond. But we all know you’re not one of the AA haters. 

Is he really that lonely? Starved for attention?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kickazz said:

He knows you predicted he would hit 50, and still posted saying you would eat crow. It’s classic Jonas to get someone to respond. 

It’s like me going around and posting that you hate AA, just to get you to respond. But we all know you’re not one of the AA haters. 

We need a name for those of us who have always liked AA.  I never understood why people got on his case.  He's fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now