• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Salary Cap to Rise at least 3 Million

Rate this topic

Article states it’s going to increase between $3-7 million. $7 million would be awesome.

Actually the entire article is filled with some interesting  info. NHL is at an all time high in revenue and pretty close to NBA. 

Edited by kickazz

Thanks to Vegas for this!

It will be interesting to see how much space we'll have. But that will all depend on whether we're planning on bringing back Green and where Mrazek fits into things.

Anyway, good thing for a big offseason where we have to re-sign Mantha, Larkin, AA. to deals (Frk too).

53 minutes ago, kliq said:

If its 7mil, that is huge for us. Makes the bad contracts less of a liability.

Hopefully we don't spend it on anything other then elite talent/RFA's.

What if Holland wastes it just to see how the members on this website react? 

Edited by kickazz

58 minutes ago, kliq said:

If its 7mil, that is huge for us. Makes the bad contracts less of a liability.

Hopefully we don't spend it on anything other then elite talent/RFA's.

I wouldn't count on it.:confused:

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

JOHN TAVARES HERE WE COME

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/21588800/nhl-eight-teams-new-york-islanders-center-john-tavares-sign-2018-free-agent-market

Guess who's on the list? Someone is playing with my emotions.

44 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Im not surprised, at the end of the day we are players in free agency. Local fans are biased when it comes to stuff like this, they tend to either think we have no chance at anything, or that everything will workout perfectly. The truth usually lays in the middle.

According to Gary Bettman the league should generate between $4.5 billion to $5 billion that would increase the cap between $5 million to $7 million with $3 million being the very least in which is still good so a salary cap of $78 million to possibly $82 million would be pretty awesome.

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Does this mean the floor raises too? We could sure help some teams out with some salary!

I would assume so if the salary cap increases to either $80 million or $82 million then yeah one would think that the floor raises also.

15 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

That's fine but most of those players making $3.5M+ Have full NTC so unless they agree to be moved it wont happen.

They’ll agree. Maybe not everyone but a few would. You really think someone would stay employed at a place where their boss doesn’t want them anymore?  A lot of players waive their NTC/NMC. Fleury did it last season for example. He had no reason to really, he could have said no and stayed with Pitt and won possibly a third cup. No one in Detroit has even remotely that type of incentive to stay

Edited by kickazz

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

They’ll agree. You really think someone would stay employeed at a place where their boss doesn’t want them? A lot if players waive their NTC/NMC. Fleury did it last season for example.

Agreed. These things are put in by the players so they have control over where they are going. Eliminates the possibility of waking up one morning and seeing you have been traded to a place you have zero desire to live.

The only player I can ever remember refusing to waive one was Joe Thornton. 

Edited by kliq

56 minutes ago, kliq said:

And Phaneuf. But seriously, would your male ego want to stay in a place where your boss straight up tells you, “can you please ******* leave?” Not unless you have some good reasons and suck it up to stay. Like Frans Nielsen just having a new born like last year or whatever. I could see him saying no.

Edited by kickazz

53 minutes ago, kickazz said:

And Phaneuf. But seriously, would your male ego want to stay in a place where your boss straight up tells you, “can you please ******* leave?” Not unless you have some good reasons and suck it up to stay. Like Frans Nielsen just having a new born like last year or whatever. I could see him saying no.

The phraneuf one was different though...right? That wasn’t so much a “we want to get rid of you” thing, it was more of a “we can only protect 3 in the expansion draft thing, and don’t want to lose player x” thing. More to your point though if that’s correct.

I don’t think the wings will attempt to move Nielsen at this point, I think he is going to be playing recruiter in the hopeful JT sweepstakes. If they don’t land JT, different story.

On 12/8/2017 at 8:20 PM, kickazz said:

What if Holland wastes it just to see how the members on this website react? 

Isn't that what he usually does? There are a lot of Holland type guys available this summer.

12 hours ago, kliq said:

Agreed. These things are put in by the players so they have control over where they are going. Eliminates the possibility of waking up one morning and seeing you have been traded to a place you have zero desire to live.

Correct. It's not that they don't want to be traded ever, it's just that they want some control over when and where they are traded. Totally understandable. The NTC/NMC uproar by fans is WAY overblown. It's not those clauses that make them difficult to trade anyway, its their albatross contracts.

11 hours ago, kickazz said:

Agree. I actually think he WANTS to be in Detroit. He only had the full NMC on the first 2 years to avoid being exposed in the expansion draft. Starting next season, he can only submit a list of 10 teams he won't except trades to, and I can see him refusing if Holland tries to trade him to one of those 10.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Agree. I actually think he WANTS to be in Detroit. He only had the full NMC on the first 2 years to avoid being exposed in the expansion draft. Starting next season, he can only submit a list of 10 teams he won't except trades to, and I can see him refusing if Holland tries to trade him to one of those 10.

He does. He mentioned it in his interview when he first signed. Detroit suburbs are good if you have a family. I could see the younger guys being open to leaving for the bigger cities and warmer places though. For example Helm. 

Great news for us. Obviously will provide some relief via liability for so many incredibly bad Holland contracts. Here's hoping it'll go up to $7+ million. Imagine for a quick minute a reality in which we unload at least $10-15 million in bad contracts by the 2018 Draft, plus an additional $7+ million becomes free via cap - then, Mantha, Larkin, and AA are signed to reasonable fair market contracts, which leaves us room to be competitive in signing some 1st line scoring talent.

Jesus, oh my, what an imagination I have. 

The NHL salary cap has finally caught up to the Red Wings pre-cap salary levels.

Red Wings had about $78 million in salary in 2003-4.

This year, the cap goes over $75M to $79.5M.

As an additional tidbit, adjusted for inflation, an NHL team's cap today would need to be about $106 mil to equal the spending of the 2003 Red Wings team.

The wings still reign as the highest payroll team of all time.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs