• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/9 GDT - Blues @ Red Wings - 1:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Just now, Euro_Twins said:

Lol I've always been a Howard supporter but youd be dumb to tho k mrazek can't do better than %50 sv

The game is lost anyway.  Should have pulled him at 3-0.  Maybe they'd have a chance then.  At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing him get lit up like a Christmas tree. 

At this point, I'm just hoping we further cement Holland and Blashill's demise. This team is only in the position it is in, because of Holland and their complacency/lack of heart is on Blashill. They have clearly stopped listening to his message, whatever that was in the first place. All he can do is act indifferent and throw individual players under the bus to the media. I'm just hoping we are in the running for a top 2 pick at the end of the season, coupled with a new coach/GM.

Just now, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

? Shots are listed 20-9 for the Wings.

Yeah, the Wings are outshooting them cleanly... and they have good chances, just hard to get it past Allen. That's what makes this game so frustrating because we could have used a goalie that could help us compete in a 1-0 game (if our goalie was ready).

Just now, GMRwings1983 said:

He can go play in the KHL if he's bored here.  

He's got another season, too.

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

And with that goal Mrazek once again shatters his chances of stealing Howard's job. 

Ya, cause Howard letting in 4 goals on 10 shots as your starter is what your really looking for. 

Oh, Mrazek now has 7 saves on 8 shots. Already can’t do worse this game than the inevitable return of the goalie known as Jittery Jimmy Howard has.

Blash has to go... even if you just ride an interim the rest of the season... we've lost 7 of the last 8 and have been handled in a majority of those games. 

Just now, chaps80 said:

Ya, cause Howard letting in 4 goals on 10 shots as your starter is what your really looking for. 

Oh, Mrazek now has 7 saves on 8 shots. Already can’t do worse this game than the inevitable return of the goalie known as Jittery Jimmy Howard has.

They need to let Mrazek play the next few games, regardless of how he plays. Give him a chance to get going and gain some confidence (if possible). Give Howard an extended rest because he just looks tired out there.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

At least Jimmy Howard had a respectable career. Your boy Mrazek (aka Manny Legace) might not even have that. 

1 minute ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Blash has to go... even if you just ride an interim the rest of the season... we've lost 7 of the last 8 and have been handled in a majority of those games. 

They need to let Mrazek play the next few games, regardless of how he plays. Give him a chance to get going and gain some confidence (if possible). Give Howard an extended rest because he just looks tired out there.

Been saying that for awhile. Jimmy’s on and off play lately should earn him a spot on the bench. Your paying Mrazek $4 million as a backup. Use him, give him a chance to play a few consecutive games and go from there. Never know, might get him heading towards where they want him to be, which is replacing Howard. Someone has to at some point.

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Been saying that for awhile. Jimmy’s on and off play lately should earn him a spot on the bench. Your paying Mrazek $4 million as a backup. Use him, give him a chance to play a few consecutive games and go from there. Never know, might get him heading towards where they want him to be, which is replacing Howard. Someone has to at some point.

Yep, I'm not a huge fan of either goalie, but they need to let Howard rest for a bit and get his head right. Mrazek is not much better but you have two goalies, try and get the other going... the season is already going in the crapper, so do whatever you can. Oh, and whoever mentioned Witkowski earlier... come on! Do you honestly think Witkowski would have made any lick of difference in this game? NO. He's a waste of a roster spot, in my opinion. As bad as the goalies were today, the defense was not great either, regardless of limiting shots. The shots they gave up were defensive lapses and the 5th goal, Mrazek should have had that save, but Ericsson was coasting behind the play and didn't even make an effort to make an extra stride and get his stick into the shooters hands to disrupt a shot/ANYTHING. It ultimately, for me, comes down to coaching and Blashill has to go. I said so after the Montreal game, and I am starting to think that the Winnipeg game was more of aberration than anything else. Winnipeg wasn't ready for that game and we took advantage.