• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/9 GDT - Blues @ Red Wings - 1:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

At least Jimmy Howard had a respectable career. Your boy Mrazek (aka Manny Legace) might not even have that. 

Too soon to decide that. And Mrazek hasn’t had the benefit of hanging out in the AHL till the age he currently is either. He’s been in the NHL since he was 22 on a team trending downhill. Howard started his NHL career at 25, the first few with a great/good team. They’re career numbers aren’t even that far apart right now if we’re basing things strictly on that.

Just now, chaps80 said:

Too soon to decide that. And Mrazek hasn’t had the benefit of hanging out in the AHL till the age he currently is either. He’s been in the NHL since he was 22 on a team trending downhill. Howard started his NHL career at 25, the first few with a great/good team. They’re career numbers aren’t even that far apart right now if we’re basing things strictly on that.

As soon as your called Jimmy Jittery or whatever, Mrazek let another goal in lol. Just saying dude maybe the Howard hate is what's jinxing Mrazek. 

Just now, kickazz said:

As soon as your called Jimmy Jittery or whatever, Mrazek let another goal in lol. Just saying dude maybe the Howard hate is what's jinxing Mrazek. 

No what’s jinxing him is never getting two starts in a row, even if he wins or plays well. Hard to get rolling that way, I don’t care who you are. I bet Howard gets the start next game even though he had a .600 sv% today, cause he’s Howard. This franchise just can’t seem to realize Howard can be great, but he always falls apart at some point, year after year. Gotta stop putting faith in him as a starting goaltender and look at other options. And no, Mrazek’s one season as ‘sort of starter’ isn’t enough of a move in that direction.

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

No what’s jinxing him is never getting two starts in a row, even if he wins or plays well. Hard to get rolling that way, I don’t care who you are. I bet Howard gets the start next game even though he had a .600 sv% today, cause he’s Howard. This franchise just can’t seem to realize Howard can be great, but he always falls apart at some point, year after year. Gotta stop putting faith in him as a starting goaltender and look at other options. And no, Mrazek’s one season as ‘sort of starter’ isn’t enough of a move in that direction.

One season? He played 50 games last season and 54 the season before... 

Anyways, I think Mrazek should start the next game. Put the debate to rest once and for all. If he fails then he fails, if he doesn't then goalie debate is back on. 

Edited by kickazz

10 minutes ago, kickazz said:

One season? He played 50 games last season and 54 the season before... 

Anyways, I think Mrazek should start the next game. Put the debate to rest once and for all. If he fails then he fails, if he doesn't then goalie debate is back on. 

Sorry, meant to say one bad season where he was actually named starter before heading into it. The year before he finished with a 2.33 GAA when Howard was the official starter.

Most teams don’t give up so soon when they have a veteran goalie with a history of injuries and breakdowns who is getting older that they need to replace eventually and have a guy in waiting that they want (or wanted, who knows now with this team) to take over.

Didn' watch the game, but re: Goalies, the rotation is what is hurting both. How can you get consistent when no matter how you play, you never kno w if you'e playing the next game. It can get in your head. Just ******* pick one and roll with him. Or better yet, trade them both, bring up Coreau for a year long training camp! Tank for Dahlin complete. 

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Didn' watch the game, but re: Goalies, the rotation is what is hurting both. How can you get consistent when no matter how you play, you never kno w if you'e playing the next game. It can get in your head. Just ******* pick one and roll with him. Or better yet, trade them both, bring up Coreau for a year long training camp! Tank for Dahlin complete. 

Um, they have chosen Howard from the start so I'm not sure what you are referring to. Howard has known he's starting the next game, this season, about 99% of the time.

25 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Um, they have chosen Howard from the start so I'm not sure what you are referring to. Howard has known he's starting the next game, this season, about 99% of the time.

Well then dump him. If we're gonna having s***ty goalies, I'd prefer not to be paying them $9M to do so. We can bring up two inexperienced for less than $3M combined.

So sick of listening to Blashill, please get rid of him. So sick of Holland and his “we need to go on a run” speal.

our defense is awful and until we get defenseman that are above average,we will not be good. Detroit’s front office has this arrogance about them, an aura like they know better. Clean house, get rid of Holland and bring in new blood. 

3 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Exactly. It’s been far from a rotation. Howard has started every game except for maybe ten? Don’t feel like looking up the numbers. But it’s clear Howard is trending downward lately and needs to pick it up. Very bad point in the season for him to do so.  

Let him hit the pine for a few games and think about it. Sometimes players just need a “wake up call”, right Holland?

7 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

It's up now, He's available for the Panthers game on December 11th.

:lol: Man we really do suck.

Haha well Witkowski is the only player on the team that can actually fight and isn’t afraid to get in the rough areas. Abby brings grit and size, but can’t figjt worth s*** and isn’t as much into the rough stuff as he once was. Mantha doesn’t shy away from it either, but that shouldn’t be his job.

26 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

People talking about Witkowski like he would have made a lick of a difference over the past 10 games... come on!

Haha hell no. He’d be scratched a lot anyways. But fights are cool to see when you actually have a guy who can fight. Especially one that, if injured,won’t affect the club.