• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

12/11 GDT - Panthers @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

Just now, kickazz said:

Witkowski scored in the 15th round of the shootout for a winner. Then drops his glove and fights the entire Panthers bench. Subsequently gets banned for the season causing the Wings to lose the rest of the season.

Dahlin shows up to training camp in September 2018. 

Sounds good to me.

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I really want to be excited about this, but the thought of finishing last or close it and getting unlucky with our pick spot is a scary thing.

But what’s the alternative? Middle of the pack non playoff team, or squeaking in and not doing squat? The lower they finish, the better. Finish last, they’re  still guaranteed a top 4 pick. Plus Vegas isn’t guaranteed a certain spot in the order this season to gum up the works again. I’ll take it. Only way to rebuild is through the draft. Holland has shown us perfectly why ‘rebuild on the fly’ doesn’t work in the cap era.

20 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I really want to be excited about this, but the thought of finishing last or close it and getting unlucky with our pick spot is a scary thing.

I hear ya. Fortunately, it's a deep draft class. I'd be happy with any of Adam Boqvist, Filip Zadina, Brady Tkachuk, Quinn Hughes, Evan Bouchard, et al.

Edited by Dabura

6 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Only way to rebuild is through the draft. Holland has shown us perfectly why ‘rebuild on the fly’ doesn’t work in the cap era.

The thing about rebuilding on the fly in the cap era is you have to overachieve in the drafting department. You have to hit some homeruns.

That's why the Wings are where they are right now and why the post-Lidstrom "retooling" never got off the ground. 2005-2012: seven drafts, not much to show for them. SAD!

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

The thing about rebuilding on the fly in the cap era is you have to overachieve in the drafting department. You have to hit some homeruns.

That's why the Wings are where they are right now and why the post-Lidstrom "retooling" never got off the ground. 2005-2012: seven drafts, not much to show for them. SAD!

Agreed.  I also believe that Holland thought that the Grand Rapids talent pool was a lot deeper and more NHL caliber than the actual reality.