• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kjw25

Blashill says struggling Wings must "Trust The Process."

Rate this topic

Actual quote from our coach today. Lets see how the "process" is working. 1 win in our last 10 games. Following that process we would end the year with 8 wins! What is this process he is talking about? Is it turning the puck over multiple times a game. Is it never being able to finish? What is THE PROCESS???

33 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

Actual quote from our coach today. Lets see how the "process" is working. 1 win in our last 10 games. Following that process we would end the year with 8 wins! What is this process he is talking about? Is it turning the puck over multiple times a game. Is it never being able to finish? What is THE PROCESS???

Seems to me that "The process" is really a sports cliche that pretty much everyone says so I'm always surprised when people mock Blashill's use of it. It's like "take it one game at a time" to me. 

Then again, maybe it's a sly reference to the 76ers to reveal that we're tanking, haha: 

"You would be hard-pressed to find a mantra throughout sports history that is more synonymous with a team's culture and identity than "Trust the Process" is to the Philadelphia 76ers.

A rally cry once used exclusively by the wonkish followers of the team's Patron Saint of Tanking, former Sixers general manager Sam Hinkie, TTP has outgrown both the group and city to gain relevance throughout the U.S. pop-culture landscape.

From Ace Hood to Anthony "The Mooch" Scaramucci, everybody is putting their trust in the process these days."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729018-the-definitive-history-of-trust-the-process

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

14 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Seems to me that "The process" is really a sports cliche that pretty much everyone says so I'm always surprised when people mock Blashill's use of it. It's like "take it one game at a time" to me. 

Then again, maybe it's a sly reference to the 76ers to reveal that we're tanking, haha: 

"You would be hard-pressed to find a mantra throughout sports history that is more synonymous with a team's culture and identity than "Trust the Process" is to the Philadelphia 76ers.

A rally cry once used exclusively by the wonkish followers of the team's Patron Saint of Tanking, former Sixers general manager Sam Hinkie, TTP has outgrown both the group and city to gain relevance throughout the U.S. pop-culture landscape.

From Ace Hood to Anthony "The Mooch" Scaramucci, everybody is putting their trust in the process these days."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729018-the-definitive-history-of-trust-the-process

Agreed. What coaches/GM's etc. say to the media means nothing to me. It's a choreographed answer given to balance keeping the media/fans/players happy. Doesn't mean its actually what they think, or reflective of what is actually going on.

I find it funny when fans/members of the media get so worked up about it. Local radio guys are the worst, they just eat that s*** up.

So what exactly do people expect Blashill to say? He's put it on himself. He's put it on the players. The teams not competitive and there's no magic wand.

What would you do if you got asked the same questions every day? 

Call out the vets? Guys like Helm, Nielsen, Ericsson? Where's that going to get us? Those guys aren't capable of turning the team around even if it did light a fire. It's just going to piss them off AND decrease their trade value and we'd still be stuck with them.

Ride it out. Go through "the process" and try your best to maintain a positive competitive culture where young players can still develop. That's all he can do.

I mean, he's not wrong.

A number of our recent losses have come down to our forwards not burying their chances. The Florida game was the latest example. Sometimes that's just luck. Larkin should probably have 15 goals by now, but the puck's not going in for him. Should he change the way he's playing? Nah. He should keep at it.

1 hour ago, brett said:

We will still have 5 other s*** defensemen so that doesn't help much

We don't have 5 "s*** defensemen", we have 5 defensemen that are currently playing a spot or two above their talent level. If we get ourselves a true number one, everyone slides down a spot, which would eliminate that. One high end defenseman would completely revamp this defense corps and team. I know, easier said than done, but something needs to be done to fix this defense going forward. No single player in the pipeline appears to be that sort of player (maybe Cholowski gets there), so we need to either draft one (Dahlin), or trade for one with the potential to get there...

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I mean, he's not wrong.

A number of our recent losses have come down to our forwards not burying their chances. The Florida game was the latest example. Sometimes that's just luck. Larkin should probably have 15 goals by now, but the puck's not going in for him. Should he change the way he's playing? Nah. He should keep at it.

Yup, this exactly. Larkin has been snake bitten, and he's not the only one. Nyquist went on a streak of about 6-8 games where he could have had one or two every game, but had nothing to show for it. For the most part, outside of a few games, I actually think we've played well. Even the 6-1 loss to St. Louis, I think we were the better team for the majority of that game. But again, we couldn't bury our chances, and seemingly every shot the Blues took found the back of our net.

And no, I'm not saying if it were for a few bounces going our way, we'd be a playoff team, but I don't think we've been quite as bad as our record indicates either.

But yeah, I'm quite content with the "process" if it gets us a top pick in next year's draft. Isn't that what most fans want at this point anyway?

I know the same old clichés from coaches and players can get annoying, but like others have mentioned, what do you expect them to say? That's why hockey interviews are so boring. The reporters / beat writers ask the same boring questions, and the coaches / players respond with the same boring answers. It's rare to hear an interview (pre-game / post-game) where a coach / player goes off script and says something interesting, unless your name is John Tortorella...

I would like to see their organizational chart of this 'process'. I am not much for vague bulls***. And I doubt they have one, making the concept null and void to me. And I have studied organizational theory, roughly a year of it.

Right now we have one process. Qualify as well as you can for the top pick in the coming draft. Any other so called process should be sent to the 'Swedish mafia department for scrutiny and rejection of proposals'.

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yup, this exactly. Larkin has been snake bitten, and he's not the only one. Nyquist went on a streak of about 6-8 games where he could have had one or two every game, but had nothing to show for it. For the most part, outside of a few games, I actually think we've played well. Even the 6-1 loss to St. Louis, I think we were the better team for the majority of that game. But again, we couldn't bury our chances, and seemingly every shot the Blues took found the back of our net.

And no, I'm not saying if it were for a few bounces going our way, we'd be a playoff team, but I don't think we've been quite as bad as our record indicates either.

But yeah, I'm quite content with the "process" if it gets us a top pick in next year's draft. Isn't that what most fans want at this point anyway?

I know the same old clichés from coaches and players can get annoying, but like others have mentioned, what do you expect them to say? That's why hockey interviews are so boring. The reporters / beat writers ask the same boring questions, and the coaches / players respond with the same boring answers. It's rare to hear an interview (pre-game / post-game) where a coach / player goes off script and says something interesting, unless your name is John Tortorella...

Word.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

It's the job of those both guys to score goals. Stop making excuses for them. I like for the most part how Larkin has played this year but he needs to put the puck in the net. Same with Gus, the best goal scorers in this league don't go games after game without scoring. You make your own luck. Snake bitten is just another cliche. 

10 minutes ago, puckbags said:

It's the job of those both guys to score goals. Stop making excuses for them. I like for the most part how Larkin has played this year but he needs to put the puck in the net. Same with Gus, the best goal scorers in this league don't go games after game without scoring. You make your own luck. Snake bitten is just another cliche. 

Who's making excuses? I'm certainly not... All I'm saying is that Nyquist went 8 games in which he put 24 shots on goal, and had countless grade A scoring opportunities. Should he have scored on at least a couple of them? Absolutely. Nyquist would say the same. Just because snake bitten is "just another cliche" doesn't make it untrue. Which brings me to the bolded part... Yes they do... All the time. Nyquist went 8 games without a goal. Even Ovechkin has gone 10 games without a goal. Besides, Nyquist isn't even remotely close to "the best goal scorers in the league", so he shouldn't be held to the same standard. Nyquist can score goals, but he's always been more of a playmaker anyway.

Nyquist is currently tied for 2nd on the team with 8 goals, and Larkin is leading the team with 23 points. Neither are close to being the problem with this team...

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

We don't have 5 "s*** defensemen", we have 5 defensemen that are currently playing a spot or two above their talent level. If we get ourselves a true number one, everyone slides down a spot, which would eliminate that. One high end defenseman would completely revamp this defense corps and team. I know, easier said than done, but something needs to be done to fix this defense going forward. No single player in the pipeline appears to be that sort of player (maybe Cholowski gets there), so we need to either draft one (Dahlin), or trade for one with the potential to get there...

I would post my "Amen Brother" meme, but that worked out so well last time...:lol:Anyway, I totally agree. All of the defensemen on this roster are NHL caliber for sure. But, when you have 3 2nd pairing dmen and 3 bottom pairing dmen (I can't decide what Kronwall is) going up against other teams top lines, they're going to look outclassed.

3 hours ago, puckbags said:

This is just wrong. Plenty of elite goal scorers go on droughts. The difference is they usually have other elite talent around them to make up for it and distract from their slump. Also, most elite goal scorers are playing with other elite player which increases their probability of scoring. That's not "an excuse" just fact.  

Our guys should be playing better, no question. But to ignore the fact that we are a team filled with 2nd/3rd pairing D-men and top 6/9 forwards is ignoring reality. We need elite players.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Yeah - what a ******.

He needs to be sent packing.

Do yourself favor, when Blashill comes on...press mute lol.