• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kjw25

Blashill says struggling Wings must "Trust The Process."

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, kjw25 said:

Hakan Anderson also drafted the new Lindstrom this year, who appears to be a total waste of a pick. 

Yup, total waste of a pick. I'm not sure what Sweden were thinking taking him for the WJC... Stacked blue line and then that scrub Lindstrom...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yup, total waste of a pick. I'm not sure what Sweden were thinking taking him for the WJC... Stacked blue line and then that scrub Lindstrom...

I think he's projected to be a 3rd/4th defenseman but if we're lucky he could turn it up the next few years and who knows  what could happen. 

I don't think it was a wasted pick. He has good size and I've read that his passing and skating ability are very good. In today's hockey, those are very important traits to have. 

For some reason though people don't realize that defenseman are not as easy to predict when they're drafted. 

Edited by kickazz

Apparently I really need to work on my sarcasm via text. I like(d) the Lindstrom pick, he's actually a player I mentioned I'd like us to take pre-draft. It's dumb to say that it was a waste of a pick 6 months after the draft. No one knows how he will turn out at this point, but the fact that he just made a deep Sweden WJC roster, with Dahlin, Liljegren, Brannstrom, etc. is a great sign.

On 12/14/2017 at 6:17 PM, chaps80 said:

I dunno if it was luck. They had the same solid Cam Talbot last season that was in NY before. Despite not having a great D, he was a standout. He’s struggling this season. They got great production from McDavid, Draisatil, Lucic, Maroon, etc. Only McDavid is really doing much now. 

It could be regression, or it could be that other teams have them figured out and they need a new game plan to get some goals from their top players, and better goaltending from Talbot. 

If Mrazek is traded, I’d like to see him go there and thrive. If he does, he can easily have a Cup before the Wings do. Imagine a few more years of bottom feeding and Howard being finished and him retiring cup-less in Detroit with Mrazek already having one or two under his belt in Edmonton? I’m not sure if that scenario would be sad or funny right now. It’s a toss up.

The verdict is in. And what do you know, it's both sad and hilarious! lol

On 12/15/2017 at 3:44 PM, Hockeymom1960 said:

lol I can't wait if Petr is traded that he does win a Vezina with another team.  Some of you are hilarious lol

I'm a real clown. Completely unrelated, but do you wanna take bets on the Vezina trophy this season?

On 12/18/2017 at 9:36 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Bups, I almost thought you weren't gonna nail it. But then in the last line you TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF.

100% the anti-mrazek movement is revenge against real slights against Howard. I would know, I spear-headed that s***. I was absolutely disgusted by how our fans treated Howard after Mrazek came to power. Like he was trash that the sooner we tossed the better. Shameful. Well the karma train came around and decided to plow Mrazek the godboi in the ass. So yeah I am guilty of jumping right on the anti-Mrazek train at first whistle. This board reaped what it sowed IMO.

People don't forget

On 12/18/2017 at 10:23 PM, kliq said:

I dont think many are anti Mrazek, I think its more of a response to the over the top pro Mrazek fans. At least that is my take.

You're goddamn right

On 12/25/2017 at 1:01 AM, kliq said:

Can I ask what info you are basing this opinion on?

Because Lindstrom isn't Lidstrom, therefore it was a wasted pick. Doesn't need to be any logical basis for it other than fan frustration apparently.

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

@ChristopherReevesLegs

You are necromancing these dead threads with a mighty vengeance.  It's beautiful. 

I mean, when you're right..

On 7/13/2018 at 3:39 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The verdict is in. And what do you know, it's both sad and hilarious! lol

I'm a real clown. Completely unrelated, but do you wanna take bets on the Vezina trophy this season?

People don't forget

You're goddamn right

Yep, both Mrazek and Howard will never win a Cup. I mean, he seemed to have turned things around before he was traded, but he s*** the bed. Oh well. He got himself a contract in Carolina, last kick at the can. He's his own worst enemy.

Vezina this season? Howard and Bernier share.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

Yep, both Mrazek and Howard will never win a Cup. I mean, he seemed to have turned things around before he was traded, but he s*** the bed. Oh well. He got himself a contract in Carolina, last kick at the can. He's his own worst enemy.

Vezina this season? Howard and Bernier share.

Howard's old n toast dude. At least Mrazek was young. Probably should have traded the former in spite of the later.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Howard's old n toast dude. At least Mrazek was young. Probably should have traded the former in spite of the later.

Probably, but it's done. At least Holland wasn't prepared to continue the Coreau experiment and signed a decent backup. Things are alright.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Shocked that Coreau got a contract with the Ducks. Do you see Bernier taking the helm now?

Shocked me as well, but it's two way and it's league minimum. Bernier, I dunno. He's moved around a lot in his fairly short career. He could. Probably split with Howard until the team decides what his future with the team is, then will get a chance to take over i think.

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Shocked me as well, but it's two way and it's league minimum. Bernier, I dunno. He's moved around a lot in his fairly short career. He could. Probably split with Howard until the team decides what his future with the team is, then will get a chance to take over i think.

What that mean?

Bernier will take over the starter role in Detroit by mid season.

Howard will be traded at the deadline for a similar return as Vanek two years ago (3rd round pick, and a s*** prospect).

Bernier will be "the guy" going forward, until one of the kids emerge as "the next guy"...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Bernier will take over the starter role in Detroit by mid season.

Howard will be traded at the deadline for a similar return as Vanek two years ago (3rd round pick, and a s*** prospect).

Bernier will be "the guy" going forward, until one of the kids emerge as "the next guy"...

Really? I think a healthy Howard is worth way more than that.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I agree he’s probably worth more, but I think it’ll depend on the goalie market at the time. We may get lucky, but not a lot of playoff contenders are looking to add a goalie at the deadline. And non-contenders who want him would just wait until the off season to either trade even less for his rights, or just sign him as a UFA. 

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I hope so, but I wouldn't expect much more than a 3rd to be honest. He definitely wouldn't get us a 1st. Maybe a 2nd if we're lucky, depending which teams (if any) are looking for a goalie at next year's deadline...

3 minutes ago, amato said:

I agree he’s probably worth more, but I think it’ll depend on the goalie market at the time. We may get lucky, but not a lot of playoff contenders are looking to add a goalie at the deadline. And non-contenders who want him would just wait until the off season to either trade even less for his rights, or just sign him as a UFA. 

Yup, pretty much what I was thinking as well. Howard is "worth" more than a 3rd and a s*** prospect, but I wouldn't bet on him getting a whole lot more than that for only a few months, unless a true contender loses their starter long term. Even then, there could be better / cheaper options out there as well.

26 minutes ago, amato said:

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I hope so, but I wouldn't expect much more than a 3rd to be honest. He definitely wouldn't get us a 1st. Maybe a 2nd if we're lucky, depending which teams (if any) are looking for a goalie at next year's deadline...

Yup, pretty much what I was thinking as well. Howard is "worth" more than a 3rd and a s*** prospect, but I wouldn't bet on him getting a whole lot more than that for only a few months, unless a true contender loses their starter long term. Even then, there could be better / cheaper options out there as well.

There will be a contender with a goalie need. Howard may not be the only one available, but he will be on an expiring contract (rental), he's a proven, veteran starter, and when healthy, is solid. I don't think a 2nd is reaching. He definitely will get a better return than a depth forward.

10 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

There will be a contender with a goalie need. Howard may not be the only one available, but he will be on an expiring contract (rental), he's a proven, veteran starter, and when healthy, is solid. I don't think a 2nd is reaching. He definitely will get a better return than a depth forward.

A second isn’t reaching for sure, and I’m not trying to knock Howard. I have no harsh feelings against the guy. I just feel like there are more variables at play with goalie deadline deals than player ones, that’s all. And while I’m not going to wish injury on anyone, it would be cool to see him take over as the starter for a contender at the deadline and go on a cup run.