• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/13 GDT - Bruins @ Red Wings - 8:00 PM EST (NBCSN)

Rate this topic

In all honesty, how does anyone within the organization not see these things that are absolutely killing the team?...failed clear from the d-zone after failed clear, players unable to get the puck 200' down the ice when on the PK, defenseman who fail to knock an opponent on their ass when its a loose puck in front of the net...how do 4 guys watch 2 Bruins whack a puck into the net on the first BOS goal all within 5 ft of the net? absolutely blows my mind that nobody is asking the question of why these things continue to happen...but as Blash says, "trust the process..."

Putting out Z and Nyquist for the beginning of OT made no sense. Z was looking off to me tonight (the pass for the tying goal went right through him) and Nyquist's been pretty bad for the last stretch (except the Winnipeg game).

For a depressing update, our 1-5-4 record in the past 10 is worst in the league.

Anyway nice goal from Larkin. I'm all about watching the young guys develop this year it's good to see him put a goal in since it's been a while since his last.

I had some stuff to do, so I was kinda half-watching the game.

Played well enough to win but didn't win.

If we're gonna keep losing, we should probably do it in regulation. I don't like these loser points, they're only hurting us at this point.

23 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I had some stuff to do, so I was kinda half-watching the game.

Played well enough to win but didn't win.

If we're gonna keep losing, we should probably do it in regulation. I don't like these loser points, they're only hurting us at this point.

Loser point = fake news 

makes us look better than we are

...another game that I didn' even know was on. Seriously, been a fan since '79 and I don't even care to look.at the schedule anymore. I am just one person, but really, am I? How many more lifelong fans are not even caring anymore? It's time for a sweep from head to toe. 

Trusting the process is unacceptable when you have the highest payroll in the nhl. I'd be trusting the process of learning if everyone not named Zetterberg, Larkin, Mantha, Anthanasiou, Frk, Bertuzzi and maybe Dekeyser was replaced with more deserving kids. Fire ALL management and coaching, Gut this team for draft picks, bring up inexpensive kids and then watch a proces. Training camp for the rest of the year...

32 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

...another game that I didn' even know was on. Seriously, been a fan since '79 and I don't even care to look.at the schedule anymore. I am just one person, but really, am I? How many more lifelong fans are not even caring anymore? It's time for a sweep from head to toe. 

Take a look in the stands every game, you aren't the only one who isn't that into this team anymore. Its sad the team cant even put a watchable team out on the ice these days.

Edited by Rick D

1 hour ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance

Someone's got to be faking these numbers..

The games I have been to (3) have been sold out/close to sold out. 

You have to remember, these are based on tickets sold, not people coming to the building. Alot of seats are sold to corporation and just never used. still counts as a ticket sold.

Detroit was nailed by a snowstorm yesterday leading up to and throughout the game so thats going to affect the turnout rate.  They've also had issues throughout the season with people going to hang out mid game at the beergarden or watch the game at one of the adjacent bars/restaurants along the concourse, even though they have a ticket to the game itself.  Also, the Wings suck.

Does anyone have DK's +/- for 3 on 3. Why in the hell does Blashill keep putting him out there. Green, Daley, Jensen are the only 3 d men that should be on the ice for 3 on 3.  

we are 27th in a league standings, 1 point above EDM.
if it is tanking tactics, did any one run scenario: what-if we are as screwed as organization as EDM? and all these high draft pick coming our way will do s*** as it did for EDM...

I am glad EDM sucks, but I am starting to feel sorry for them... may be because DET looks like EDM now...

Edited by ami

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Trusting the process is unacceptable when you have the highest payroll in the nhl. I'd be trusting the process of learning if everyone not named Zetterberg, Larkin, Mantha, Anthanasiou, Frk, Bertuzzi and maybe Dekeyser was replaced with more deserving kids. Fire ALL management and coaching, Gut this team for draft picks, bring up inexpensive kids and then watch a proces. Training camp for the rest of the year...

Just out of curiosity, who do you consider "more deserving kids"? I can't think of one NHL ready prospect who is not on the Wings roster except for maybe Bertuzzi. And his being reassigned to GR might have more to do with conditioning following his return from his wrist injury than anything else.

Bringing up kids and throwing them to the wolves before they are ready is never a good strategy. It will only damage their development. I want to see Hicketts, Rass, and Svech in the D as much as anyone else, but I don't believe they're ready yet (although HIcketts is close). And IF they aren't ready yet, why rush it? It's a rebuild, let's do it right.

I mean, if we're talking about the Cleary situation, or keeping Nyquist down longer than he should have been, I totally agree. But that was during "the streak"- different circumstances. The Wings are in rebuild mode now. It is no longer necessary to keep the kids down in favor of veterans anymore. And I don't think they are. Larkin and Mantha are perfect examples of that. They were never "overripe", they made the team because they were ready. They weren't held back by any "undeserving" player. Neither is anyone else that I can see.

2 hours ago, ami said:

we are 27th in a league standings, 1 point above EDM.
if it is tanking tactics, did any one run scenario: what-if we are as screwed as organization as EDM? and all these high draft pick coming our way will do s*** as it did for EDM...

I am glad EDM sucks, but I am starting to feel sorry for them... may be because DET looks like EDM now...

Edmonton will be much better off much sooner than Detroit will,  and most likely have another Cup before Detroit will. Last season wasn’t some fluke. The talent is definitely there and hasn’t simply dissapeared. They just need to figure some things out. If they don’t soon enough there will be trades and maybe a coaching change coming next season.