• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Be good now or win 4 cups?

Rate this topic

Win 4 cups or be good now?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple question. Would you rather the wings be a top team in the league now and for years to come, and never win the last cups? Or be stuck with the current team and have the memories of 97-08?

Something to discuss while we suck lol. 

6 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Simple question. Would you rather the wings be a top team in the league now and for years to come, and never win the last cups? Or be stuck with the current team and have the memories of 97-08?

Something to discuss while we suck lol. 

In scenario B, would we have De Haan or Cole?

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

3rd option everyone seems to ignore:

Be bad now and still be bad in 10 years

FYI this is the more likely outcome of tanking 

Not with a capable GM.  They have a core forward group.  Smart drafting and/or trading can improve the D in short order.

4 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

If I hear de haan or coke one more time I might go postal. But yes. We have 3 of each. 

I think DeHaan and Cole could put the team over the top... of the mediocre team list.  It would ensure a middle of the pack finish for the next 5 years

26 years as a fan and I wouldn't trade the 4 cups for anything. So many cool memories as a fan. Great players, great games, great fans. .  If you've been a Red Wings fan long enough you've been spoiled by a very classy and successful franchise. Good things all have to come to an end and it's a totally different perspective and I look forward to the years ahead even if some of them are pretty lean.  Cheers to another cycle of 25+ years. 

1 hour ago, puckbags said:

26 years as a fan and I wouldn't trade the 4 cups for anything. So many cool memories as a fan. Great players, great games, great fans. .  If you've been a Red Wings fan long enough you've been spoiled by a very classy and successful franchise. Good things all have to come to an end and it's a totally different perspective and I look forward to the years ahead even if some of them are pretty lean.  Cheers to another cycle of 25+ years. 

100% agree. Just with everyone so upset about how bad we are, I thought it would be an interesting question/debate. 

22 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Not with a capable GM.  They have a core forward group.  Smart drafting and/or trading can improve the D in short order.

Sounds nice.

In the real world we call that "capable GM who's gonna fix your organization in short order" a diamond in the rough, because reality is only that simple and efficient in your schoolgirl daydreams.