• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

World Juniors

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, F.Michael said:

On a side note - any movie buff out there - the 'Swedish' version of 'Girl With a Dragon Tattoo' series is pretty awesome.

That´s not a surprise, ´northern´ movies are unique. Girl.. is originally swedish novel and only swedish/scandinavians are able to capture it´s intended atmosphere. 

Anyway congrats to Can fans, .. well, at least Zadina 2G, I´m really curious about his position on upcomming draft. 

Let´s have a bronze. 

8 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Those kids had heart tho. They wanted to win, played hard, and were genuinely torn up to lose. I wish the Wings played with that level of passion.

Yeah, I don’t doubt that for a second. That heart is part of what makes the WJC so great. 

I saw that and got pretty annoyed, then saw that Andersson was crying. 

Just burning passion and disappointment. At least a fan got a silver medal tho, it's not like he chucked it, basically tossed it to a dude in the crowd. Probably made his day  lol. 

IIHF may not take too kindly to that though. 

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

I saw that and got pretty annoyed, then saw that Andersson was crying. 

Just burning passion and disappointment. At least a fan got a silver medal tho, it's not like he chucked it, basically tossed it to a dude in the crowd. Probably made his day  lol. 

IIHF may not take too kindly to that though. 

That medal was returned. After getting it back he was asked what he would do with it. Answer was "Put it in a drawer. I got a silver medal not long ago, it's been sitting in a drawer somewhere and I've never looked at it. It's just not what I want."

I have bunch of medals from my youth, mostly gold/1st but some silver/2nd place (no not world cup caliber ones, but go for the point). I never showed any of them on a shelf or something just seemed lame (kept them in a plastic bag lol), but the silver ones I didn't even care about recieving, they were just a testament to failure.

Me likey. We should try to get this kid somehow.

Edited by Jacksoni

25 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

That medal was returned. After getting it back he was asked what he would do with it. Answer was "Put it in a drawer. I got a silver medal not long ago, it's been sitting in a drawer somewhere and I've never looked at it. It's just not what I want."

I have bunch of medals from my youth, mostly gold/1st but some silver/2nd place (no not world cup caliber ones, but go for the point). I never showed any of them on a shelf or something just seemed lame (kept them in a plastic bag lol), but the silver ones I didn't even care about recieving, they were just a testament to failure.

They actually have done studies that confirm this attitude. Individuals who win bronze are resoundingly more satisfied with their performance than silver winners.

The bronze winners are just happy to even make the playoffs... I mean get a medal

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

40 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

I agree. I like his "win" or go home attitude. 

13 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Good to see this from Millennials as opposed to the entitlement snowflakes I'm used to seeing. Although the crying seems familiar.

Dude stay away from Fake News and memes. The reality is Millennials are harder working and not only having to take care of themselves but also the baby boomer generation.

https://hbr.org/2016/08/millennials-are-actually-workaholics-according-to-research

https://medium.com/the-mission/the-14-most-destructive-millennial-myths-debunked-by-data-aa00838eecd6

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, amato said:

Wasn’t he the guy we were getting in a bunch of mock drafts last year that a lot of people didn’t want at the time because it seemed like a reach? Or am I thinking of someone else? 

That was Elias Pettersson, I think.

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

Dude stay away from Fake News and memes. The reality is Millennials are harder working and not only having to take care of themselves but also the baby boomer generation.

https://hbr.org/2016/08/millennials-are-actually-workaholics-according-to-research

https://medium.com/the-mission/the-14-most-destructive-millennial-myths-debunked-by-data-aa00838eecd6

My bad. Didn't mean to over generalize. Not going to get political here. Let's just say that my opinion is based on personal experience, not the media. If any Millennials were offended (which of course you will be:lol:), I apologize. 

Interesting post-WJC period for some medal winners... being traded; three that I know of: Team USA (Max Jones) and Team Canada (Robert Thomas and Taylor Raddysh).

Re: Following the Formenton goal, making it 3-1 in the Final. I hope Rasmus Dahlin killed that rat that he thought he saw on the top of the dasher board. That was quite a hissy fit he threw.