• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/29 GDT - Rangers @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/notes-mantha-questionable-for-tonights-game-against-the-rangers/c-294457402

Could be without Mantha tonight. (Maybe that's why Blashill was giving Bertuzzi a look on the top line and the power play?)

He got shoved face-first into the boards in the last game. When I saw it, I immediately figured he'd be missing some time. I'm guessing that's what he's dealing with.

We'll see.

12 minutes ago, Wingnut1989 said:

lil berts over rated, he shouldnt be a first liner. 

hope im wrong tho

K0DjLAV.jpg

He's arguably been our best player over the past two games. I wouldn't call him a bona fide first-liner in the NHL (at least, not yet), but I think this promotion is well-deserved. In theory, his skill set could complement Nyquist and Zetterberg quite well.

I mean, it's not like we have much to lose at this point anyway. Might as well try some new things out.

17 minutes ago, Wingnut1989 said:

hope im wrong tho

K0DjLAV.jpg

Agree Bertuzzi at best is a 3rd or 4th line winger nothing more and he has no business being on the top line what is Blashill thinking here.

19 minutes ago, Wingnut1989 said:

hope im wrong tho

K0DjLAV.jpg

You're giving our team too much credit, he's a 1st liner on Detroit and a career 3rd liner at best on virtually any other team in the NHL.

I do feel like we win this tonight, something like 5-2. Z has a strong night an Baby Bert gets a couple points. AA emerges with at least a couple and a strong game also. Larkin does Larkin-like things and gets at least a goal.

LGW!!  HYPE!!

I wanted to take my dad to a hockey game for a Christmas gift and let him check out the new arena.  Ticket prices are outrageous, though.  I couldn't find anything cheaper than like 120/seat and that was upper bowl in the corners.  I cant justify spending that on what is likely to be a s***ty on ice product, especially that far from the ice.  I'm taking my dad out for dinner instead.  Maybe Dave and Busters.  Definitely more likely to get my money's worth.

3 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

I wanted to take my dad to a hockey game for a Christmas gift and let him check out the new arena.  Ticket prices are outrageous, though.  I couldn't find anything cheaper than like 120/seat and that was upper bowl in the corners.  I cant justify spending that on what is likely to be a s***ty on ice product, especially that far from the ice.  I'm taking my dad out for dinner instead.  Maybe Dave and Busters.  Definitely more likely to get my money's worth.

Now watch the Wings win 9-0 tonight, because of course. :lol:

51 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

Residents have no room to spend that kind of money. Go to Dave and Busters bro.  

No Mantha tonight. Nagging groin problem. If "nagging" means the last couple of weeks or somwhere thereabouts, that could partially explain why Mantha's been in a funk. Mickey noted a few games ago that Mantha wasn't smiling, didn't seem to be enjoying himself as much as he should be.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

End of 1st. Rangers lead 1-0.

Wings owned the first five minutes but couldn't capitalize on their chances. Rangers pushed back and were the better team in the second half.

Wings' two power plays were bad.

AA looks awful.

He looks like he's overplaying every situation, trying too hard to create things himself and losing the puck and turning it over as a result. 

i don't like watch red wings game live any more. you can't fast forward that miserable performance of that miserable bunch...
good thing I have beer, scotch and zacapa to compensate...

4 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

He looks like he's overplaying every situation, trying too hard to create things himself and losing the puck and turning it over as a result. 

It's tempting to say AA's mentally checked out and Blashill's giving him the opportunities he's giving him mostly for showcasing purposes. Or maybe AA simply hasn't figured out that the whole one-man bum-rush thing isn't working for him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 minutes ago, ami said:

i don't like watch red wings game live any more. you can't fast forward that miserable performance of that miserable bunch...
good thing I have beer, scotch and zacapa to compensate...

Alcohol: This season's MVP.