• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Michael Rasmussen out a while

Rate this topic

Ah, too bad. He seems to have missed a bunch of games earlier in the season as well - maybe it was due to this as well.

Didn't he have a broken wrist last and that was still healing in training camp? That's what I remember and that probably be related unless I'm misremembering the injury.

Anyway, he's done well this year despite apparently playing through pain. I like the possibility that he'll be better than what he's shown once the wrist is dealt with.

Wrists never heal correctly, it's over. It'll always nag him, we'll always hear that he's not 100% healed. His faceoffs will suffer as will his shot. This is very unfortunate. As much as I was taken aback by him being drafted, I was really wanting him to become a force. Oh well....our luck.

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Wrists never heal correctly, it's over. It'll always nag him, we'll always hear that he's not 100% healed. His faceoffs will suffer as will his shot. This is very unfortunate. As much as I was taken aback by him being drafted, I was really wanting him to become a force. Oh well....our luck.

Not sure if serious...

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Why because of E? Plenty of players have broken their wrists and were just fine.

Lefty is forgetting that Rasmussen isn't 50 something years old like him and is 18 years old and will recover from the surgery 100% and pretty quickly too. 

Don't underestimate teenagers, their bodies have bigger balls than all of us here. Same goes for 20 something year olds.

Edited by kickazz

28 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Lefty is forgetting that Rasmussen isn't 50 something years old like him and is 18 years old and will recover from the surgery 100% and pretty quickly too. 

Don't underestimate teenagers, their bodies have bigger balls than all of us here. Same goes for 20 something year olds.

Agreed, Tyler Johnson broke his wrist a few years back, seems fine now.

17 minutes ago, kliq said:

Agreed, Tyler Johnson broke his wrist a few years back, seems fine now.

So did Filpula in 2009.

And Z in 2007 (although I don't think he broke it, but he missed some significant amount of games and it was an ongoing thing for almost 2 years). Came back to score 92 points the following season lol. 

Anisimov had surgery back in may 2016, came back to have a better PPG the following season. 

Crosby has a f***ed up wrist since 2014, needed surgery but avoided it (probably will end up needing it in a year or two). Last I checked he's still one the best. 

Edited by kickazz

32 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I honestly don't know if I'm serious.

Look I get it, you wanted Tippet badly, and Holland picked this kid over him. Then to see this kid run into injury issues must be frustrating. I'd be much more worried if it was concussion, neck, or knee issues. A wrist should fully heal unless maybe we are talking a Donald Audette situation. 

Edited by kliq

16 hours ago, kliq said:

Look I get it, you wanted Tippet badly, and Holland picked this kid over him. Then to see this kid run into injury issues must be frustrating. I'd be much more worried if it was concussion, neck, or knee issues. A wrist should fully heal unless maybe we are talking a Donald Audette situation. 

I wanted us to take Vilardi, but he STILL hasn't played a game this season. He's expected back any day now, but missing this much time with a back injury is concerning at such a young age.

Rasmussen will be fine. This injury shouldn't effect him much long term. My biggest concern would be, as Dabura mentioned, he needs a healthy season to continue his development to have a shot at making the Wings next season. It's still way too early, but my bet is on him spending one more season in the W before finally making the Wings in the 2019-20 season. He may even start that season in Grand Rapids.

55 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I wanted us to take Vilardi, but he STILL hasn't played a game this season. He's expected back any day now, but missing this much time with a back injury is concerning at such a young age.

Rasmussen will be fine. This injury shouldn't effect him much long term. My biggest concern would be, as Dabura mentioned, he needs a healthy season to continue his development to have a shot at making the Wings next season. It's still way too early, but my bet is on him spending one more season in the W before finally making the Wings in the 2019-20 season. He may even start that season in Grand Rapids.

Completely agree. I think the kid will be fine, maybe never a 1C, but a solid 2C or at worst 3C. 

3 minutes ago, kliq said:

Completely agree. I think the kid will be fine, maybe never a 1C, but a solid 2C or at worst 3C. 

A 3C would be a disappointment at 9th overall. Hopefully he develops into a very good 2C. It's really looking like Larkin could be a legit 1C, so if Ras can fill that 2 hole, it bodes well for our future. Now if we can just figure out the defense... If we could somehow land Dahlin, I think this team would be a contender within a couple years.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

A 3C would be a disappointment at 9th overall. Hopefully he develops into a very good 2C. It's really looking like Larkin could be a legit 1C, so if Ras can fill that 2 hole, it bodes well for our future. Now if we can just figure out the defense... If we could somehow land Dahlin, I think this team would be a contender within a couple years.

Agreed, but realistically that would be his floor. My guess is he will become a very good 2C.

53 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I doubt it, but I'd gladly eat crow if he develops into a 1C.

He was tearing up the WHL before his injury (or maybe he was even playing hurt the entire time) but when you are his size playing against 16-19 year old's its not exactly the best way to asses him.

I'd like him to get healthy and go to the AHL to see what he can do with that frame against men.

Edited by kliq

16 minutes ago, kliq said:

He was tearing up the WHL before his injury (or maybe he was even playing hurt the entire time) but when you are his size playing against 16-19 year old's its not exactly the best way to asses him.

I'd like him to get healthy and go to the AHL to see what he can do with that frame against men.

If I’m not mistaken during the preseason he was our best faceoff guy. And that’s with a bad wrist. That’s already a good start. Could have been luck, could be that he’s a natural faceoff winner. 

The rest we won’t know until he’s up here.

Not making any predictions on his offense or defense because I’m against overhyping these guys. But I will say that these mature/hard working players that no one assumes  have as much talent, are usually the ones that surprise everyone.

Will power and s***

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

Rasmussen is going to be 1C material and everyone is going to eat crow from 2017 draft day thread. 

Not me. I didn't want Tippett cuz we didn't need anymore wingers. Between Rass and Vilardi, I was OK with either one. They both filled a need and I didn't think one was better than the other. Plus I still have faith in our scouts.

I don't think he's in Detroit next year tho. Maybe like the first 10 games or so before he gets sent down. But there's still a logjam up front, I don't know if there will be a spot for him in the top 9.