• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

12/31 GDT - Penguins @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

Wow you actually said something positive for once, even if it had a negative premise

I mean, he's not wrong. Even so, I'm guessing Dickie has one of 3 signs in his front yard.

1: Keep off the grass.

2. No trespassing

3. Forget the dog, beware of owner!

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

6 hours ago, kickazz said:

Wow you actually said something positive for once, even if it had a negative premise

Do you see a lot to be positive about this team, other than a few young forwards?

BAD:

Bad GM

Bad coach

Terrible defense with little help in sight

One goalie is getting old, the other is young and looks like a complete flop.

Good: Mantha

Larkin

AA (if he develops his game the way Larkin did since last year)

Svechnikov (if this year is just a sophomore slump)

Bertuzzi looks like he could be a good complimentary player, the type you need to win

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Do you see a lot to be positive about this team, other than a few young forwards?

Good: Mantha

Larkin

AA (if he develops his game the way Larkin did since last year)

Svechnikov (if this year is just a sophomore slump)

Bertuzzi looks like he could be a good complimentary player, the type you need to win

You just named 5 off the top of your head. Not too bad. 

Good is also Blashill being on his last year, good is we've rid some s*** players (Jurco, Sproul, Smith). Holland on his last year too. Good is in 2 years we will no longer have Kronwall's contract. Good is we're bad enough to get a top 10 pick.

I see lots of things to be positive about. We're finally in that phase where we no longer have star players able to carry us into playoffs and will continue to get decent picks. 

As for Jimmy Howard. I wouldn't call 33 years old "old". I've gone back and forth on this as well but realizing that goalies aren't really old until they're 36 or so and even then a lot of them continue to perform well. It's usually their tail end of the career where they completely fall off around age 38 maybe 39 (see Brodeur, Osgood, Luongo)

I'd say Howard still has a good 4 years in him at good performance. Long as he stays healthy. And he's been fine this year health wise. 

Edited by kickazz