• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Cholowski playing really well

Rate this topic

Continues to tear it up with Prince George... Had 2 Goals last night (4 Goals 2 Assists in his last 2 Games this weekend against the Vancouver Giants)

35 Games 12 Goals 23 Assists 35 Points +6 (Leads the Team)

Heck of a year so far by the 19 year old.

41 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

8th in the WHL?

lol

Yeah - he's nothing special...Go figure...It's why I don't have any faith in Holland, and the rest of the Wings front office anymore.

As a rookie. The top 7 have been in the league longer. This is his first year. 

Edited by kickazz

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'd be impressed if this were AHL numbers.

Sounds like another Brendan Smith in the making.

Not even close. Smith was an idiot. Cholowski is a smart player, not super highly skilled but uses his brains and works hard. We'll see, I'm not high on him yet but I'm content so far. 

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

8th in the WHL?

lol

Yeah - he's nothing special...Go figure...It's why I don't have any faith in Holland, and the rest of the Wings front office anymore.

F. Michael....just try to look at this from an unbiased standpoint. The kid is a 19 year old rookie in the WHL. 35 games into his career and he is already 8th in scoring among D.

The WHL has 22 teams, 6 D roughly per team. That is 132 D-men in the league. How can 8 out of 132 be anything but a positive?

The fact that this achievement garners a response from you of "Yeah - he's nothing special...Go figure" should alone show you that you have an extreme negative bias towards the team right now.

Nobody is saying the kid is a guaranteed future Norris winner, and I think most here will admit this doesn't guarantee anything. But, what it does say is that he is doing exactly what he should be right now, and there is no reason for a negative response. 

All that information aside though like I said he’s the only one among the top scorers that’s in his first WHL season. All the other top 7 ahead have been playing in the league a few years.

Most of the others are not much ahead by the way (a point or two) and some have played more games. 

Edited by kickazz

I'm actually not as worried about our defensive prospects as I was a year ago.  Saarijarvi and Hronek are playing well in the AHL.  Cholowski and Sambrook are playing well in juniors.  Hicketts is still a "maybe" to me, despite the feel good story.  If we hit high in the lottery this year and take another standout defender I'll feel really good about our puck moving defensemen going forward. 

28 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm actually not as worried about our defensive prospects as I was a year ago.  Saarijarvi and Hronek are playing well in the AHL.  Cholowski and Sambrook are playing well in juniors.  Hicketts is still a "maybe" to me, despite the feel good story.  If we hit high in the lottery this year and take another standout defender I'll feel really good about our puck moving defensemen going forward. 

Saarijarvi and Hronek both outscoring Dahlin at the WJC right now

On 1/2/2018 at 11:26 PM, kickazz said:

Not even close. Smith was an idiot. Cholowski is a smart player, not super highly skilled but uses his brains and works hard. We'll see, I'm not high on him yet but I'm content so far. 

How does he compare to Jiri Fischer? Anyone know? Is there a good comparable?

On 1/5/2018 at 6:54 PM, kipwinger said:

Don't forget about my boy Sulak , top PPG D in the Finnish top league.

2 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Because it's not allowed until he's 20 or played 4 years in the major juniors. It's the agreement with the NHL to protect the CHL.

Actually, since Cholowski wasn't playing in the OHL when he was drafted, that rule doesn't apply to him. I don't know if there's any rule about being moved mid-season though.

15 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Actually, since Cholowski wasn't playing in the OHL when he was drafted, that rule doesn't apply to him. I don't know if there's any rule about being moved mid-season though.

I guess it's slightly different situation due his year in college team and starting in the BCHL when drafted, but I imagine the 20 years old rule would kick in as soon as he signed on with a WHL team. Do have any link that says the rule doesn't apply to him?

The whole idea of the agreement is so that the CHL doesn't get players taken away mid season or a year early which could hurt revenue, or when they've used assets to draft of trade or whatever the case may be (I know that later doesn't apply to Cholo).

On 1/2/2018 at 9:46 PM, F.Michael said:

8th in the WHL?

lol

Dennis Chowloski is now 6th among defenseman points and 2nd in defenseman goals in the WHL. He must have seen your post. 

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

No. I just like arguing. Someone can tell me to argue against everyone that Paris Hilton is not a ***** and I would do it. 

If you really liked to argue you'd argue against the person telling you to argue.

4 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I guess it's slightly different situation due his year in college team and starting in the BCHL when drafted, but I imagine the 20 years old rule would kick in as soon as he signed on with a WHL team. Do have any link that says the rule doesn't apply to him?

The whole idea of the agreement is so that the CHL doesn't get players taken away mid season or a year early which could hurt revenue, or when they've used assets to draft of trade or whatever the case may be (I know that later doesn't apply to Cholo).

Nothing that mentions Cholowski's exact situation, but from https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/who-can-play-where-and-why/c-889461

for young players signed out of Europe or collegiate players who give up their remaining NCAA eligibility in order to sign an NHL entry-level contract or AHL minor league contract, the minimum age to play in the AHL is 18

Jeremy Morin is an example of a USDP player who went to the AHL at 19 after one year in the CHL. 

Again though, I'm not sure if that means Cholo could be moved mid-season. Moot point anyway, I'd say.