• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Cholowski playing really well

Rate this topic

18 hours ago, F.Michael said:

White Russians in the water bottles?

Of course, but no relieving yourself on the rug afterwards.

7 hours ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

Had the secondary assist on the 1st Goal last night in a 2-0 win... Was also +1

Now has 7 assists in 6 games and +2 since joining the Winterhawks

Good to hear. If Cholowski turns out well, and KH drafts a stud D in the first round. We could finally  have a top pair.

ive got a feeling that this kid wont spend a full season in the A, he may even bypass the Van altogether.

Hronek is our steal of the '16 draft thou, in the few games ive seen of the Griffs this year he looks like he]

aint no rookie. Also Sulak still leading the Liiga in ppg for D men, and i did like the looks of him in the pre 

season games , looked very mobile which is something our current D corps lacks abit 

12 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

ive got a feeling that this kid wont spend a full season in the A, he may even bypass the Van altogether.

Hronek is our steal of the '16 draft thou, in the few games ive seen of the Griffs this year he looks like he]

aint no rookie. Also Sulak still leading the Liiga in ppg for D men, and i did like the looks of him in the pre 

season games , looked very mobile which is something our current D corps lacks abit 

Would love to see Sulak hop right on to the team next season and contribute

Dekeyser - Daley
Kronwall - Ericsson
Ouellet - Jensen
Sulak/Hicketts

I'm kinda over Ouellet and Jensen at this point

On 21. 1. 2018 at 3:42 PM, HockeytownRules19 said:

Now has 7 assists in 6 games and +2 since joining the Winterhawks

Now has 8 assists in 7 games and +4 since joinging the Winterhawks

On 26. 1. 2018 at 10:41 AM, Juklitz said:

Now has 8 assists in 7 games and +4 since joinging the Winterhawks

Now has 10 assists in 9 games and +2 since joinging the Winterhawks

Lol, I like this

Edited by Juklitz

I've mentioned this before, but wanted to point out again...

2013 draft pick David Pope is top 10 (#7) in NCAA scoring this year, and also leads the league in PPGs. He's a senior on a very bad Nebraska-Omaha team where he is far and away their best player, which makes this even more impressive in my book.

Also, anyone follow our 2012 pick James De Haas? Similar to Pope, had a very good season in his last year at Clarkston. Went unsigned by us. Signed with AHL's Lehigh Valley. Was putting up points there, but they sent him to the ECHL and now he's is almost a ppg there. Wonder what his issue is, the guy certainly has offensive skills. 

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

2013 draft pick David Pope is top 10 (#7) in NCAA scoring this year, and also leads the league in PPGs. He's a senior on a very bad Nebraska-Omaha team where he is far and away their best player, which makes this even more impressive in my book.

Also, anyone follow our 2012 pick James De Haas? Similar to Pope, had a very good season in his last year at Clarkston. Went unsigned by us. Signed with AHL's Lehigh Valley. Was putting up points there, but they sent him to the ECHL and now he's is almost a ppg there. Wonder what his issue is, the guy certainly has offensive skills. 

I'm not too impressed with a 23 year old putting up those numbers, but he may become a decent bottom 6 winger some day.

I was a big fan of De Haas and a little disappointed when we let him walk. I would have preferred to keep him over Lashoff, Renouf or McIlrath.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not too impressed with a 23 year old putting up those numbers, but he may become a decent bottom 6 winger some day.

I was a big fan of De Haas and a little disappointed when we let him walk. I would have preferred to keep him over Lashoff, Renouf or McIlrath.

I agree, which is why I think he might get passed on just like De Haas, but like you said I'd rather round out the roster with some of these guys than Renouf or Dominik Shine and what have you. 

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What is it that you are pointing out?  Pope is doing okay in college, but he is 23, 24 later this year.  Looking at the rest of the top 10 scorers, there is only 1 guy drafted in the 1st round of NHL draft (he's 20 years old).  The rest of the top 10, there is two more 20 year olds, one 21 year old, four 22 year olds and one more 23 year old.  Of that group, there is one 5th rounder, two 6th rounders and five undrafted players.  It isn't exactly a premier prospect group.  De Haas is even lower on my list.

2 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

What is it that you are pointing out?  Pope is doing okay in college, but he is 23, 24 later this year.  Looking at the rest of the top 10 scorers, there is only 1 guy drafted in the 1st round of NHL draft (he's 20 years old).  The rest of the top 10, there is two more 20 year olds, one 21 year old, four 22 year olds and one more 23 year old.  Of that group, there is one 5th rounder, two 6th rounders and five undrafted players.  It isn't exactly a premier prospect group.  De Haas is even lower on my list.

I'm pointing out that 2013 draft pick David Pope is top 10 (#7) in NCAA scoring this year, and also leads the league in PPGs. He's a senior on a very bad Nebraska-Omaha team where he is far and away their best player, which makes this even more impressive in my book.

36 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm pointing out that 2013 draft pick David Pope is top 10 (#7) in NCAA scoring this year, and also leads the league in PPGs. He's a senior on a very bad Nebraska-Omaha team where he is far and away their best player, which makes this even more impressive in my book.

But what point are you trying to illustrate?... Pope sucks and De Haas sucks worse...