• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/3 GDT - Senators @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

Couple small notes....

1.) LCA is simply incredible. Growing up in the 90s, my first impression of attending sporting events was old Tiger Stadium, the Silverdome, and the Joe. So needless to say, I watched some games in some dumps (not that i didn't absolutely love and don't miss them all very much), but that being said, for my money, nothing compares to this new joint. I can't imagine a better place to watch a hockey game. I went to Comerica in 2000 and I went to Ford Field 2 years after it opened. Both fantastic venues with major upgrades over their predecessors, but in my opinion, pales in comparison to Little Caesar's. Every single small amenity you might normally overlook is wonderfully recognizable, the ice level, sight lines, and scoreboard are incredible. Basically, if you haven't gone yet, and have the ability to go.....GO. 

2.) In 20 some odd years of watching hockey, never do I remember once seeing a team virtually kill their entire penalty by backtracking the puck into their defensive zone and just sitting on it during a delayed penalty against the opponent. I know it happens similar to the way in which it did tonight, but I've never seen it even close to that extent. One of the weirdest things I've seen in a hockey game. 

Good win, but I couldn't help but notice that this was the Athanasiou Show...  Larkin played well, too. Our other forwards, for the most part, were invisible. We've won 3 straight, 2 of them due to great performances by Athanasiou and Larkin. I will happily eat crow, but I don't see this winning streak as anything but an aberration.

4 hours ago, Athanasioulater said:

Couple small notes....

1.) LCA is simply incredible. Growing up in the 90s, my first impression of attending sporting events was old Tiger Stadium, the Silverdome, and the Joe. So needless to say, I watched some games in some dumps (not that i didn't absolutely love and don't miss them all very much), but that being said, for my money, nothing compares to this new joint. I can't imagine a better place to watch a hockey game. I went to Comerica in 2000 and I went to Ford Field 2 years after it opened. Both fantastic venues with major upgrades over their predecessors, but in my opinion, pales in comparison to Little Caesar's. Every single small amenity you might normally overlook is wonderfully recognizable, the ice level, sight lines, and scoreboard are incredible. Basically, if you haven't gone yet, and have the ability to go.....GO. 

2.) In 20 some odd years of watching hockey, never do I remember once seeing a team virtually kill their entire penalty by backtracking the puck into their defensive zone and just sitting on it during a delayed penalty against the opponent. I know it happens similar to the way in which it did tonight, but I've never seen it even close to that extent. One of the weirdest things I've seen in a hockey game. 

You seen quite the game. Glad to hear another positive review on the LCA. I'll be there in a few weeks for a couple games. Can't f***ing wait!

If this is how AA plays every night or even most nights, this team will be back in the playoffs sooner than later.  He reminds me a lot of Fedorov.  The way he skates, the speed, the way he controls the game.  People complain about his ability to finish.  Well, AA gets two goals on 7 shots and he needs to "learn how to finish".  Ovechkin does the exact same thing most nights and he's a sniper.  I get that Ovie's a 50 goal scorer, but takes performances like AA's from the last few games and spread it out over a season and he's up in the 50 goal tier too.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

To Jeff's credit, he was the one who played him in OT...

He sure did. I hope he realizes that was our first OT win, and it was because of speed and skill.

Too often it feels like we're trying not to lose, or just make it to the shootout, rather than trying to win it in OT. Speed kills in 3on3.