• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Realignment Talk

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Joke or serious? Because that would be great if so. 

Well he promised the Ilitches he would move them back to the East. I can't imagine he would disrespect that agreement just a few years later and flip them back.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Detroit-owner-Ilitch-Bettman-promised-move-to-E?urn=nhl-wp13732

15 minutes ago, Son of a Wing said:

Well he promised the Ilitches he would move them back to the East. I can't imagine he would disrespect that agreement just a few years later and flip them back.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Detroit-owner-Ilitch-Bettman-promised-move-to-E?urn=nhl-wp13732

If we don't learn from the mistakes of the future, we are doomed to repeat them for the first time.

I'm confused as to why they totally over think this stuff. West has one less team. Seattle make up for that. They clearly should be in the Pacific. Take the eastern most team in the Pacific now and move them to the central. Is it really that hard?

6 minutes ago, puckbags said:

I'm confused as to why they totally over think this stuff. West has one less team. Seattle make up for that. They clearly should be in the Pacific. Take the eastern most team in the Pacific now and move them to the central. Is it really that hard?

Yeah but where does Detroit go?

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Happy Monday! I think Detroit should go to the East, but Central could work too.

Why would we " go " to the east? We are already there. 

Just now, GMRwings1983 said:

1.  Contract all the teams that weren't in the league prior to 1993. 

2.  Bring back the divisional names (I liked that idea). 

3.  Bring back 90's jerseys for each team.  Also, the home team goes back to wearing white.

Ew no. 

9 hours ago, Son of a Wing said:

Yeah but, how long is that in effect.? I would imagine its more like a friendship bracelet, not a wedding ring.

9 hours ago, puckbags said:

No its not. And you're right.

Atlantic= Tampa, Florida, Carolina, Washington, Philadelphia, NJ, NYR, NYI (All EDT zone)

Northeast= Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Detroit (All EDT)

Central= Nashville, Chicago, St Louis,  Minnesota, Dallas, Colorado, Arizona (CTL & MTN zones)

Pacific= Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Seattle, San Jose, Anaheim, LA, LV  (MTN & PAC)

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

1.  Contract all the teams that weren't in the league prior to 1993. 

2.  Bring back the divisional names (I liked that idea). 

3.  Bring back 90's jerseys for each team.  Also, the home team goes back to wearing white.

Interpretation, you want it to go back to how it was when you were growing up lol.

26 minutes ago, kliq said:

Interpretation, you want it to go back to how it was when you were growing up lol.

So true.  No denying the game was more fun back then.  Generational talent from North America, new blood from Europe, and not as many teams to spread all the talent across.  Also, there was a lot more fighting and more scoring.  The game isn't as exciting now.  It doesn't help that there's so many teams in the league that no one cares about, which don't draw any fans or TV ratings.  Yeah, there's more parity, but the league is too watered down.  

15 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

So true.  No denying the game was more fun back then.  Generational talent from North America, new blood from Europe, and not as many teams to spread all the talent across.  Also, there was a lot more fighting and more scoring.  The game isn't as exciting now.  It doesn't help that there's so many teams in the league that no one cares about, which don't draw any fans or TV ratings.  Yeah, there's more parity, but the league is too watered down.  

Back when Dragon Ball Z was popular in North America. Watch all the fighting on Cartoon Network, then continue to watch fighting at night on hockey.

Those were the days. Violence everywhere.

Edited by kickazz