• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

2018 ALL STAR GAME THREAD

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

Should have been Larkin. Well at least this might help us showcase him for a first rounder a little more smoother.

Green doesn't need to be showcased. Teams know exactly what they are getting with him. We should've send Ericsson. He's played pretty good but a little extra ego boost couldn't hurt. Can you imagine how bad he would be in a 3 on 3 format haha 

6 minutes ago, puckbags said:

Green doesn't need to be showcased. Teams know exactly what they are getting with him. We should've send Ericsson. He's played pretty good but a little extra ego boost couldn't hurt. Can you imagine how bad he would be in a 3 on 3 format haha 

You haven't heard? Ericsson is good now all of the sudden

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You haven't heard? Ericsson is good now all of the sudden

I will use the word better. I won't use good. I will give him credit. He has been a lot better this year. Have to him some kind or praise when all we've done is crap on him for 2 years. 

2 hours ago, puckbags said:

I will use the word better. I won't use good. I will give him credit. He has been a lot better this year. Have to him some kind or praise when all we've done is crap on him for 2 years. 

I would use the word good. Ericsson has consistently been one of our best defensemen on a nightly basis. I know that doesn't say much on our blueline, but I'd go as far as to say that he would be a top 4 on most teams this season. Definitely earning that contract. Hopefully he keeps it up for the remainder of that contract.

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I would use the word good. Ericsson has consistently been one of our best defensemen on a nightly basis. I know that doesn't say much on our blueline, but I'd go as far as to say that he would be a top 4 on most teams this season. Definitely earning that contract. Hopefully he keeps it up for the remainder of that contract.

Ballsy post. I like it @krsmith17. You tell all haters. 

3 hours ago, puckbags said:

Showcased is the wrong word, but something like this always helps. A players value or lack of value is a byproduct of a ton of little to big things, this is just one of those little things in the plus column. 

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I just dont see this.  Decent in his own end is as far as I would go with #52.  He's a decent stay at home blueliner.

Unfortunately, it's not 1927.  Today's NHL defenseman has to be part of the offense too.  And this is where Ericsson just fails miserably.  His shots dont get thru.  His shots arent heavy or accurate enough.  And he can't finish as a trailer.  That means thr opposition's forwards can double up on our forwards, which severely impacts their space.  Green and Jensen are the only guys who open up ice for our forwards.

Ericsson obviously doesn't have much offense in his game, but as long as he's playing steady defense I'm okay with that. As you probably know, I'm not much for the pure defensive defensemen either, but as of right now (probably not for much longer) there is a place for them in today's game.

He is (just barely) putting up top 4 offensive numbers, 121st overall in points from defensemen. He's also 3rd on the team in points behind Green and two behind Kronwall. He's also got one more point (goal) than the more offensive minded Jensen.

His shots don't always get through, but I think he's better at this than you'd like to give him credit for. He also has a VERY heavy shot, when he actually uses it.

Ericsson isn't great, no one would suggest that, but I do believe he's been very good this season. A bright spot on an otherwise bad defense group. 

35 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I like how Kessel has been the Pens best player and got snubbed for the golden child Crosby. Let the fans vote again.

Why, because he has 4 more points? I don't follow the Penguins too closely, but I'm sure most fans would vote for Crosby, because he is their best player, and I'd say most would even say he's been their best player this season, despite the 4 few points...

The All-Star game is a joke anyway.

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Why, because he has 4 more points? I don't follow the Penguins too closely, but I'm sure most fans would vote for Crosby, because he is their best player, and I'd say most would even say he's been their best player this season, despite the 4 few points...

The All-Star game is a joke anyway.

I (unfortunately) game online with a couple guys from Pittsburgh and they both have the same opinion, as do a lot of fans on other forums that i've followed this season. Kessel has been the better player, better on the PP, and taken a lot less stupid penalties that have led to goals against. Crosby already has 40 PIM this season and has been struggling to stay disciplined at key points of the game. 

On top of that, Kessel has a career of being snubbed for whatever reason even though he's consistently great year after year. He's on a team with Malkin, Crosby, and Letang, and is outscoring all of them and still can't get a nod for what he's put together. 

Plus, he's an American hero.

7 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I like how Kessel has been the Pens best player and got snubbed for the golden child Crosby. Let the fans vote again.

Gotten snubbed from a Con Smythe or two also...

Kessell

4 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I (unfortunately) game online with a couple guys from Pittsburgh and they both have the same opinion, as do a lot of fans on other forums that i've followed this season. Kessel has been the better player, better on the PP, and taken a lot less stupid penalties that have led to goals against. Crosby already has 40 PIM this season and has been struggling to stay disciplined at key points of the game. 

On top of that, Kessel has a career of being snubbed for whatever reason even though he's consistently great year after year. He's on a team with Malkin, Crosby, and Letang, and is outscoring all of them and still can't get a nod for what he's put together. 

TRUTH. Kessel has been and still is the s***. The hockey gods should pray at his temple.

He looks like he drinks mt dew and eats hot dogs and Doritos for every meal. America. God bless. Kessel #1

8 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Kessel is a great player, and I agree that he doesn't always get the credit he deserves, but he's not better than Crosby this season, or any season. He's never outproduced Crosby in a single season, and I'll bet he won't this season either. Kessel (or Malkin) could have been the pick, and I'm sure most would be okay with that pick, but to say he was "snubbed" by one of the best players of this generation is a bit off in my opinion. But whatever, this is a Red Wings site after all, I wouldn't expect anything less when it comes to Crosby, or Crybaby, amirite?

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Kessel is a great player, and I agree that he doesn't always get the credit he deserves, but he's not better than Crosby this season, or any season. He's never outproduced Crosby in a single season, and I'll bet he won't this season either. Kessel (or Malkin) could have been the pick, and I'm sure most would be okay with that pick, but to say he was "snubbed" by one of the best players of this generation is a bit off in my opinion. But whatever, this is a Red Wings site after all, I wouldn't expect anything less when it comes to Crosby, or Crybaby, amirite?

Yeah but the All Star game is an annual event and the players who are selected should be there based on how they've performed in that given year, not their overall body of work. Because of that, I agree with others that Kessel should be there over Crosby based on this season. Otherwise it would just be the exact same players every year, which would be pointless. If we're talking about the HOF, which is career based, then yes, Crosby belongs there instead of Kessel.

17 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kessell

TRUTH. Kessel has been and still is the s***. The hockey gods should pray at his temple.

He looks like he drinks mt dew and eats hot dogs and Doritos for every meal. America. God bless. Kessel #1

Kessel is the NHL's John Daley.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yeah but the All Star game is an annual event and the players who are selected should be there based on how they've performed in that given year, not their overall body of work. Because of that, I agree with others that Kessel should be there over Crosby based on this season. Otherwise it would just be the exact same players every year, which would be pointless. If we're talking about the HOF, which is career based, then yes, Crosby belongs there instead of Kessel.

Kassel is the NHL's John Daley.

I agree, but that's not at all what I was saying. You missed the part where I said "he's not better than Crosby this season, or any season. I disagree with those that believe Kessel has been the Penguins best player this season, just because he has a few more points than Crosby. But even more than that, I disagree with those that think Crosby was only selected over Kessel because he's the league's "golden boy" or whatever. Truth is, it could have been Crosby, Malkin or Kessel, and either player would have been more than worthy. There was no snub, and there's no conspiracy to get Crosby into the All-Star game. Who knows, he might not end up going anyway.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree, but that's not at all what I was saying. You missed the part where I said "he's not better than Crosby this season, or any season. I disagree with those that believe Kessel has been the Penguins best player this season, just because he has a few more points than Crosby. But even more than that, I disagree with those that think Crosby was only selected over Kessel because he's the league's "golden boy" or whatever. Truth is, it could have been Crosby, Malkin or Kessel, and either player would have been more than worthy. There was no snub, and there's no conspiracy to get Crosby into the All-Star game. Who knows, he might not end up going anyway.

NO, I read what you posted, I just misunderstood your argument. I thought you were arguing for Crosby in the All Star game because he is the better player overall, regardless of season (which he is). Now I understand it that you're saying that Crosby is also the better performer this season in your opinion.? If that's what you're saying than that makes more sense. I don't agree, but i get it. 

I just don't like seeing guys get in because of their name only. If a guy is having a down year, don't put him in. Give a guy a chance who's having a great year but who's not always there. That's parity. I thought that's what the league is all about now.

And no, there is no pro-crosby conspiracy. Nor is there a snub. There are always guys who deserve to be there that don't get in.