No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/16 GDT - Stars @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Z has 16 points in his last 16 games.

Not too bad for an oldie. 

7th rounder being a solid, honest captain and producing a point per at 36 (last 3rd of the season).
He's slower each season but still gets it done in the NHL. ´´Hespect to sendero Swedish mafioso

13 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

7th rounder being a solid, honest captain and producing a point per at 36 (last 3rd of the season).
He's slower each season but still gets it done in the NHL. ´´Hespect to sendero Swedish mafioso

He's 37 years old now not 36. Hard to believe lol. 

3 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

Howard confirmed as starter.
I shall retire from my betting practices on this game. I have no idea how it might unfold.

Should be a quick, chaotic back and forth game. Good luck to us!

I expected Howard to start, but If they are serious about pushing Mrázek at the deadline and trying to get more value from him, starting him again coming off a shutout may be an opportune time to try boosting that value.

Or not.

Go Wings.

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I expected Howard to start, but If they are serious about pushing Mrázek at the deadline and trying to get more value from him, starting him again coming off a shutout may be an opportune time to try boosting that value.

Or not.

Go Wings.

I think you don't realize that the Wings still think they have a chance to make the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I think you don't realize that the Wings still think they have a chance to make the playoffs. 

Yeah I forget that sometimes, because common sense dictates to me that they have no shot at doing so.

Kenny “Pipe Dream” Holland. Old and delusional.

This is why Blashill is a blashcock. If Howard wouldve given up 6 goals against Chicago, he'd still be starting tonight. Even when Mrazek shines and wins, with a shutout even, he never gets to see if he can continue his momentum. I hope Jimmy gets ransacked tonight and a puck flies into the bench a clocks blashill. 

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

This is why Blashill is a blashcock. If Howard wouldve given up 6 goals against Chicago, he'd still be starting tonight. Even when Mrazek shines and wins, with a shutout even, he never gets to see if he can continue his momentum. I hope Jimmy gets ransacked tonight and a puck flies into the bench a clocks blashill. 

Are you not smart enough to understand the concept of a backup goalie? Generally when backups play a game, it's to give a starter a break. Once they've played the game, the starter starts the next one.

Mrazek is a backup FYI. The Red Wings have been dead clear about it. It's just people like you are having a hard time understanding the simple concept. (or maybe in denial about it)

Manny Legacy gets a shutout in 2001. Dominic Hasek still plays the next game. You know.. because Legacy was Hasek's backup.... 

Same goes for all the other backups in the history of hockey. 

Edited by kickazz

44 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Are you not smart enough to understand the concept of a backup goalie? Generally when backups play a game, it's to give a starter a break. Once they've played the game, the starter starts the next one.

Mrazek is a backup FYI. The Red Wings have been dead clear about it. It's just people like you are having a hard time understanding the simple concept. (or maybe in denial about it)

Manny Legacy gets a shutout in 2001. Dominic Hasek still plays the next game. You know.. because Legacy was Hasek's backup.... 

Same goes for all the other backups in the history of hockey. 

I agree with this, but he has a point about Howard being given starts after horrible losses consistently. He shouldn’t be rewarded for that. Mrázek gets thrown a bone two or three times a month, manages to get a shutout, and is benched again when he should be rewarded for that. Can’t bounce back like the team said they wanted him too if he can’t build off even some small momentum.

Its not as if it’s a Hasek/Legace situation. One was a Multiple Vezina/Hart winner, top 3 of his era. And at that time, the other was a career backup. Big difference between Howard and Mrázek. Neither racked up awards or are at the top of anything. Had Mrázek kept outplaying him, Jimmy would be long gone already. He got lucky that his work paid off while Mrázek’s game fell off. If it didn’t fall off, even though Jimmy worked hard and improved, he’d still be gone. Dodged a bullet. Hasek’s job was never in doubt or jeopardy.

17 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I agree with this, but he has a point about Howard being given starts after horrible losses consistently. He shouldn’t be rewarded for that. Mrázek gets thrown a bone two or three times a month, manages to get a shutout, and is benched again when he should be rewarded for that. Can’t bounce back like the team said they wanted him too if he can’t build off even some small momentum.

Its not as if it’s a Hasek/Legace situation. One was a Multiple Vezina/Hart winner, top 3 of his era. And at that time, the other was a career backup. Big difference between Howard and Mrázek. Neither racked up awards or are at the top of anything. Had Mrázek kept outplaying him, Jimmy would be long gone already. He got lucky that his work paid off while Mrázek’s game fell off. If it didn’t fall off, even though Jimmy worked hard and improved, he’d still be gone. Dodged a bullet. Hasek’s job was never in doubt or jeopardy.

Wtf are you talking about? Go look at the last 7 starts Howard had. Do you even look stuff up before you start spewing out stuff? Howards played really well. So why the hell should he not be starting? His Sv% in his last 7 starts is averaging 94%. That's one of the best in the league right now. 

@ PIT 1 0 1 0 0 36 4 .889 0 59:55
Jan 5 vs FLA 1 1 0 0 0 40 2 .950 0 59:58
Jan 3 vs OTT 1 1 0 0 0 34 1 .971 0 60:06
Dec 31 vs PIT 1 1 0 0 0 38 1 .974 0 60:00
Dec 29 vs NYR 1 1 0 0 0 39 2 .949 0 65:00
Dec 27 @ NJD 1 0 1 0 0 31 2 .935 0 59:00
Dec 23 @ BOS 1 0 1 0 0 25 2 .920 0

The way you guys talk, you make Jeff Blashill sound like Albert Einstein with his decision making. Christ the amount of intelligence on this forum is marvelous. 

Jimmy Howard is the better goalie period. He's the starter of this team period. He's played excellent in his last 7 starts period. Quit being in denial. Mrazek sucks. Just because he got 1 good game doesn't mean you somehow turn him into a starter and reward him with double starts. That makes zero sense and is the dumbest coaching strategy I've heard to date. 

Even if Howard does poorly tonight, he should still start the next game because that would just be one bad game out of the last 8 he's played. 

Sometimes I feel embarrassed at the level of intelligence the Red Wings fan base carries. I go to the Hawks forums and at least they have fans who can admit Jonathan Toews is overrated. I come here and we have people who want Mrazek starting consecutively even tho Howard is clearly better. We're getting worse than Montreal fans. 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Wtf are you talking about? Go look at the last 6 starts Howard had. Do you even look stuff up before you start spewing out stuff? Howards played really well in his last 7 starts. So why the hell should he not be starting? 

He has started after horrible games before. Few times this season. Even iafter a couple of them. November 28, 30 and Dec.2. Three stinkers, pulled after 5 goals on 9 shots in one.

i didn’t say he shouldn’t be starting right now. He’s playing well. Just saying if they want Mrázek to step up his game to step up his trade value, good opportunity to instead of just keeping Jimmy in starts. Jimmy should be cool with that. You know, helping out the franchise that kept him around in his injuries and slumps. But  probably not, since his head seems to have gotten swollen a bit and he pulls tantrums when he’s taken out of games.

Might make Mrázek think the team actually gives a s*** once in awhile too. That sometimes helps confidence and boosts play. Howard gets his daily ego strokes from Blash. Spare some love, Jeff!

12 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

He has started after horrible games before. Few times this season. Even iafter a couple of them. November 28, 30 and Dec.2. Three stinkers, pulled after 5 goals on 9 shots in one.

i didn’t say he shouldn’t be starting right now. He’s playing well. Just saying if they want Mrázek to step up his game to step up his trade value, good opportunity to instead of just keeping Jimmy in starts. Jimmy should be cool with that. You know, helping out the franchise that kept him around in his injuries and slumps. But  probably not, since his head seems to have gotten swollen a bit and he pulls tantrums when he’s taken out of games.

Might make Mrázek think the team actually gives a s*** once in awhile too. That sometimes helps confidence and boosts play. Howard gets his daily ego strokes from Blash. Spare some love, Jeff!

This is a typical response of a Howard hater. Thank you for proving my point. You have absolutely no grasp of how much bias you spew out unfortunately. You want Howard to back down and let Mrazek gets starts even though he's the superior goalie? What kind of logic is that? People who do well are rewarded in this world period. No one is going to do any favors for your boy Mrazek. You actually think this world works that way? Sorry to burst your bubble and fantasy land way of thinking. People strive to be the best and expect rewards not punishment. A backup is a backup. Get over it dude. 

Edited by kickazz

36 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Wtf are you talking about? Go look at the last 7 starts Howard had. Do you even look stuff up before you start spewing out stuff? Howards played really well. So why the hell should he not be starting? His Sv% in his last 7 starts is averaging 94%. That's one of the best in the league right now. 

The way you guys talk, you make Jeff Blashill sound like Albert Einstein with his decision making. Christ the amount of intelligence on this forum is marvelous. 

Jimmy Howard is the better goalie period. He's the starter of this team period. He's played excellent in his last 7 starts period. Quit being in denial. Mrazek sucks. Just because he got 1 good game doesn't mean you somehow turn him into a starter and reward him with double starts. That makes zero sense and is the dumbest coaching strategy I've heard to date. 

Even if Howard does poorly tonight, he should still start the next game because that would just be one bad game out of the last 8 he's played. 

Sometimes I feel embarrassed at the level of intelligence the Red Wings fan base carries. I go to the Hawks forums and at least they have fans who can admit Jonathan Toews is overrated. I come here and we have people who want Mrazek starting consecutively even tho Howard is clearly better. We're getting worse than Montreal fans. 

Damn. Easy now.

No one said Mrazek should take JImmy’s job away. 

Trade deadline is fast approaching. Goalie on the block, but don’t like the low offers? Want to boost offers? Show other teams a reason to boost them. Only way to show them is Mrazek will have to play.  After a shutout is a perfect time.

Screw Jimmy and his feelings. He’s not taking this team anywhere anytime soon no matter how he plays. He can sit tight for a game or two.