• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/16 GDT - Stars @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Damn. Easy now.

No one said Mrazek should take JImmy’s job away. 

Trade deadline is fast approaching. Goalie on the block, but don’t like the low offers? Want to boost offers? Show other teams a reason to boost them. Only way to show them is Mrazek will have to play.  After a shutout is a perfect time.

Screw Jimmy and his feelings. He’s not taking this team anywhere anytime soon no matter how he plays. He can sit tight for a game or two.

Screw Mrazek and his feelings. Clearly the franchise doesn't give a s*** about him and is going with the better goalie for now. Only you and a few other minority actually give a damn about Mrazek and you are having a hard time moving on. Truth hurts, get over it man. He's a backup, for all we know they might not even want to trade him and keep him around as long as they want until Jimmy hits the bucket. He's an employee nothing more. 

Tell me, how long until you get over the idea that Mrazek is not going to have any favors done for him? Serious question. 

Edited by kickazz

8 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Damn. Easy now.

No one said Mrazek should take JImmy’s job away. 

Trade deadline is fast approaching. Goalie on the block, but don’t like the low offers? Want to boost offers? Show other teams a reason to boost them. Only way to show them is Mrazek will have to play.  After a shutout is a perfect time.

Screw Jimmy and his feelings. He’s not taking this team anywhere anytime soon no matter how he plays. He can sit tight for a game or two.

What part of "the Red Wings still think they can make the playoffs" do you not understand? I feel like you think the Red Wings should revolve around Petr Mrazek. They don't. 

Theoretically they can still make the playoffs by the way. Aren't you a Wings fan? Or are you that consumed by Mrazek..?

Edited by kickazz

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

This is a typical response of a Howard hater. Thank you for proving my point. You have absolutely no grasp of how much bias you spew out unfortunately. You want Howard to back down and let Mrazek gets starts even though he's the superior goalie? What kind of logic is that? People who do well are reward in this world period. No one is going to do any favors for your boy Mrazek. You actually think this world works that way? Sorry to burst your bubble and fantasy land way of thinking. People strive to be the best and expect rewards not punishment. A backup is a backup. Get over it dude. 

Dude. You do realize regardless of what happens, how hard he plays, Jimmy Howard will never raise a Cup in the Winged Wheel, right? He’ll never get closer than he has before, which is a second round loss. With or without him, this team is years away from contention. Jimmys pads will have changed colour or are hung up for good by the time the team sees another Cup.

I didn’t start this as a Jimmy bash saying Mrazek should take his starts. He shouldn’t. Nothing wrong with an atttempt at showcasing Mrazek for another game or two with the deadline coming. 

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

Dude. You do realize regardless of what happens, how hard he plays, Jimmy Howard will never raise a Cup in the Winged Wheel, right? He’ll never get closer than he has before, which is a second round loss. With or without him, this team is years away from contention. Jimmys pads will have changed colour or are hung up for good by the time the team sees another Cup.

I didn’t start this as a Jimmy bash saying Mrazek should take his starts. He shouldn’t. Nothing wrong with an atttempt at showcasing Mrazek for another game or two with the deadline coming. 

It doesn't matter what you or I realize. The point I'm making is the org has a vision and it's not the same as yours. 

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

What part of "the Red Wings still think they can make the playoffs" do you not understand? I feel like you think the Red Wings should revolve around Petr Mrazek. They don't. 

Theoretically they can still make the playoffs by the way. Aren't you a Wings fan? Or are you that consumed by Mrazek..?

Of course they don’t revolve around him.

And playoffs isn’t what this team needs. Been a Wings fan over 30 years, love winning games. But we need to lose. I view this season as a wash. Make great deadline deals, play the kids. Draft a lot in summer.

6 minutes ago, kickazz said:

It doesn't matter what you or I realize. The point I'm making is the org has a vision and it's not the same as yours. 

Fair enough if they wanna try to sneak into the playoffs. It’s just counter productive. 

9 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Too be fair, they'll never win a cup with Mrazek either.

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

And playoffs isn’t what this team needs. Been a Wings fan over 30 years, love winning games. But we need to lose. I view this season as a wash. Make great deadline deals, play the kids. Draft a lot in summer.

I haven't been a fan as long as you, but there's never a time I will root for my team to lose.

7 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I get it but I doubt Mrazek all of a sudden brings us a huge return anyways. 

Put it this way, him playing lights out this next month before deadline does not make his crap performance the last 2 years go away. Get what I'm saying? 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Too be fair, they'll never win a cup with Mrazek either.

I haven't been a fan as long as you, but there's never a time I will root for my team to lose.

No probably not. 

It’s not rooting for it. Wins are great and I enjoy them, but if they lose I’m not crushed. I see the bright side of it.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

No probably not. 

It’s not rooting for it. Wins are great and I enjoy them, but if they lose I’m not crushed. I see the bright side of it.

The bright side is we squeak into playoffs and win the Cup as underdogs. 

Edited by kickazz

25 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I get it but I doubt Mrazek all of a sudden brings us a huge return anyways. 

Put it this way, him playing lights out this next month before deadline does not make his crap performance the last 2 years go away. Get what I'm saying? 

No it doesn’t go away, but neither does his performance before that.  He’s 25. Wasn’t that long ago he was putting up great (maybe even elite for a period of time) numbers, both in the regular season and his 10 total playoff games against vastly superior Tampa. That’s not lost on any team looking to get a possible steal for a draft pick. It’s not as if he was good one season ten years ago and bounced around to eight teams since. 

Small players in this league can thrive if they have smarts or speed.

Tatar has neither. He's a rag doll. 

Just now, chaps80 said:

No it doesn’t go away, but neither does his performance before that.  He’s 25. Wasn’t that long ago he was putting up great (maybe even elite for a period of time) numbers, both in the regular season and his 10 total playoff games against vastly superior Tampa. That’s not lost on any team looking to get a possible steal for a draft pick. It’s not as if he was good one season ten years ago and bounced around to eight teams since. 

What he did in his first year or so could be seen as luck. When the league figured him out he started sucking. That's the bottom line and it's a red flag whether you like it or not. Goalies come into the league hot and when teams figure them out, they easily get exposed.