• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/16 GDT - Stars @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

47 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I dunno about luck, but I agree with the rest. Good thing is goalies can adapt, and a team and coaching switch can change careers.

3-2.  3 goals on 23 shots against and 2 on only 10 shots for? We Better pick it up in the third. This  boxscote looks like a bite in the ass waiting to happen.

What's with you and pain to the nuts and butts? :lol:

not bad enough to be bottom 5 and not good enough to be in the playoffs - we are the epitome of mediocre and it's just so hard to watch. I'm not one for bottoming out because you flat out don't know if that will pay off (look at EDM, ARI, COL and others) but I just wish we would win 5 in a row to get in the conversation, but then I realize if we made the playoffs we'd get crushed. Feelsbadman. 

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

No chance.  Look at his 1st nhl goal lockerroom pic and his 100 nhl goal lockerrom pick.  He WAS 185 lbs when he started.  His muscles WERE getting bigger.  He quit the weights.  It's pretty obvious.  Mantha and Frk, on the other hand, are gaining muscle mass and getting tougher to play against along the boatds and in the slot.

You’re wrong, as usual. He was 169 lbs in 2011.

184 now. 

47 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Wonder what Howard would get us at deadline. 

I think he would bring back a decent return, but I highly doubt Holland would move him, unless it's overpayment.

I know you've been giving chaps a hard time about not giving Mrazek another game after coming off a shutout (probably mostly because of how pro-Mrazek / anti-Howard he is), but both Osgood and Eliot (two former NHL goaltenders that know their s***), have both advocated giving Mrazek the game after each of his two shutouts this season. They said they were surprised to see Howard get the next game after having a day off in between. No one is saying that Mrazek should be handed anything on a platter, or that Howard isn't the clear cut starter, but giving Petr another game after a shutout, wouldn't be the worst thing, whether you're trying to up his value to trade him at the deadline, or just trying to figure out what to do with him after this season.

I'm okay with moving on from Mrazek (or Howard), but if we are, I'd just like to get the best return possible for him. I don't think you're getting that playing a couple times a month.

Last night for the Wings was a cluster F of bad passing, bad spacing, and good goal tending.  In all reality, we should have lost by 7 goals.  I love this teams engine/speed, but the cute no-look drop passes, the rink wide passes, the passing attempts to gain zone entry, etc... are garbage!!  This team is showing so much potential which gets me super pumped.  However, their offensive deficiencies at this point seem to be self-inflicted.  Gaining the offensive zone in the 3rd last night seemed impossible as the Stars were lining up a the blue line and intercepting pass after pass.  When we finally "caught on" to what they were doing, we'd have someone carry the puck into the zone there was little if no puck support and resulted in a weak/easily stopped wrist shot.  Very frustrating to watch.

Awful collective performance, obviously, but I'm really happy that Bertuzzi is playing as well as he is. We need all the promising young talent we can get, and Bertuzzi finally showing that he has what it takes to succeed at the NHL level gives us another good young forward. He didn't impress in his short stint last season and he looked like crap in this season's exhibition action, but he really seems to have taken That Next Step and is now officially too good to continue playing for the Griffins.

19 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Awful collective performance, obviously, but I'm really happy that Bertuzzi is playing as well as he is. We need all the promising young talent we can get, and Bertuzzi finally showing that he has what it takes to succeed at the NHL level gives us another good young forward. He didn't impress in his short stint last season and he looked like crap in this season's exhibition action, but he really seems to have taken That Next Step and is now officially too good to continue playing for the Griffins.

I really want us to draft Todd Bertuzzi's son so we can have a Bertuzzi duo in the future.

Also a Svech duo. 

s*** that would be fun but highly unlikely. 

AND THEN

THEN

15 years from now. We draft the son of Zetterberg and the son of Datsyuk.

Omg I just wet myself. 

Serious note, Is Tag Bertuzzi supposed to be good? Mic and Ken were talking about him recently, he's supposed to be 2019 draft eligible. 

Edited by kickazz

28 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Totally agree.  Previously I watched him play, and thought that he was another Griff here for the short term...looked like he was playing over his head.  Lately, he looks like a confident NHL player who is making great plays, making the players around him better, seeing the ice nicely, calm and collected/no panic, etc.  Helm and some of our other players who are a bit older/more experience had better get their act together.  Some of our young guys are playing like they are here to stay and possibly taking jobs away from others.  Love it.

Just watched this game. I've watched all games, sometimes work makes me put it up a day or so. I make sure not to know the result prior to that.

I am satisfied with this loss. I really do hope the management realizes it's time to call it a day and prepare for the offseason. I won't write more on this. I am tired of their approach as is.