• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

1/22 GDT - Red Wings @ Devils - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Great.  Just when the Grand Golden Goalie War days were seemingly lifeless and at an end ...

Howard and Mrazek could both be traded and it would turn into Cheap Veteran UFA Signing Vs Coreau in no time.

Lose 2, then good performance. lather, rinse, repeat. I try not to be too much of a negative Nancy but this season is wearing on me in general. I didn't even bother to go over to Newark tonight (nobody I knew wanted to go and I didn't feel like eating all those hot dogs by myself). 

Here's hoping this launches something but I'm reserving judgement

Mrazek is not back, he was never gone... I was very impressed tonight.  Mature play and confidence.  He needed this game... we needed this game.   Hard work does pay off, the light had dawned on our young CZ goalie.

And Joe Hicketts is the best hockey boy ever, he's not going to be able to wipe the smile off his face for a long time... hopefully all of that time spent as a Red Wing. 

LGRW! 

9 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

Yeah, we definitely shouldn’t be giving Mrazek a chance to get going. Lost cause. 

Yep. His potential is gone. Past his prime too. Wonder if he’d come play for my friends pond hockey team? He needs a goalie for the end of winter tourney. There’s beer.

Are we really going to turn this into another Howard v. Mrazek debate?

Howard is the starter. He earned that before the season even started because he was the better goalie. He hasn't done anything deserving of getting fewer starts. It would be unfair to do so for the sake of getting Mrazek going. Mrazek played himself into the backup role. He's not owed any more starts than what's normal for a backup. If Mrazek takes advantage of his limited starts, then great. I hope he does. But you don't take starts away from Howard and give them to Mrazek when he hasnt earned it yet in the hopes that he does.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Mrazek is a beast.

Yeah but he's no "Monster". :lol:

Is it fair to compare the 2? I recall Gustavsson having some really good games, and carrying the team at times, but his overall stats weren't great. Kinda like Mrazek. Too streaky, lacked consistency at times.

But then again, he was about as consistently healthy as Howard.