• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

1/25 GDT - Blackhawks @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST (NBCSN)

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Let's do this!

I'm back btw, had to leave town for a week. Thanks for holding down the fort and thanks @Dabura for keeping the GDTs rolling.

While you were gone @ChristopherReevesLegs caused a huge ruckus. Threatened a few of us, stomped his boots calling himself the new mod. Kept telling us to call him “Sir Legatron”

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

While you were gone @ChristopherReevesLegs caused a huge ruckus. Threatened a few of us, stomped his boots calling himself the new mod. Kept telling us to call him “Sir Legatron”

Someone had to keep you meddling kids in line.

3-0 Hawks. I missed this, glad i'm back home to see our boys playing at a high level.

Later Jimmy.

9 hours ago, Dabura said:

So how are we feeling about the Blackhawks possibly missing the playoffs?

On the one hand, I'm all about it. Because f*** the Blackhawks.

On the other hand, I don't want them in the lottery pool. Because f*** the Blackhawks.

Long as they end up just outside the final wild card spot, i'd be ecstatic. If they finish low enough to get a decent shot at a top pick, that's just wrong.

Chicago not being a contender and/or missing playoffs was bound to happen though. They had too many drafted stars to lock up to expensive deals, which kept the rest of the roster changing constantly to stay at the cap. Getting swept in the first round and then losing Panarin was a huge LOL. 

But they won three cups in 7 seasons. They didnt win one from 1961-2010. The Leafs draught wasnt even that bad. Any of their fans that arent satisfied with that and complain about the downswing obv dont understand the salary cap. It's designed to break up powerhouse teams. Pittsburgh isn't winning a third straight Cup. They've lost some guys and are just burnt out from 2.5 seasons and two Cup runs. That's a ton of hockey in short time, and Crosby/Malkin/Kessel aren't that young anymore. Plus the two goalie strategy they used so well is gone. Murray is the guy now. No help from Flower.

10 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Hot take: Howard is going to be terrible so he doesn’t get traded at the deadline

He's gotta try to stay in Detroit somehow. I think he used up all his free pass cards already in his career though.

6 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Sorry - I just cannot get on the hype...As a pessimist - as a realist - we have no chance in landing him, and most likely we'll drop back 2 to 4 spots.

Why anyone shows up at the LCA is beyond me.

To think they have the audacity to charge us fans to watch this mess.

lol I also agree we have no chance at landing him. It'd be amazing though

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Agreed.

To think if there was no salary cap, and the Hawks were able to retain the players they drafted...They'd have 1 - maybe 2 more Cups.

This time of the year Howard found his way onto the IR, and upon his return he sucked.

Now he just sucks :lol:

Oh yeah, had there been no cap, they'd still be among the elite. But so would Detroit if Holland still had Illitch's checkbook.

Does Howard look THAT bad? It seems both goalies can psych each other out on this team. Howard steps up, Mrazek falls. Then vice versa. I don't think things are great between them. Easiest solution, move one. 

13 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

He's gotta try to stay in Detroit somehow. I think he used up all his free pass cards already in his career though.

It’s the best retirement home in the league

I’m the most scared that Holland will slap the franchise tag on Larkin, AA and/or Mantha on their new contracts just to justify what he’s been doing the last 5 years

3 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

I think they’ve played pretty well actually they’re getting their chances. Howard blew the game before it could really start

Mantha is going back in the dog house soon and he deserves it. Oh and Ouellett isn’t an NHL defensemen

Yeah, a few posts I guess. Lots of passes that should have been shots but what's new.