• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

1/31 GDT - Sharks @ Red Wings - 8:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Great game for Mrazek. To update for the goalie flame war, their stats are now damn close

Mrazek: GAA: 2.86, SV% .910,   3 Shutouts

Howard:GAA: 2.82, SV% .911,   0 Shutouts

e18.gif

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Great game for Mrazek. To update for the goalie flame war, their stats are now damn close

Mrazek: GAA: 2.86, SV% .910,   3 Shutouts

Howard:GAA: 2.82, SV% .911,   0 Shutouts

That’s crazy. He’s improved his season GAA by almost 1.00 in 4 starts and part of a 5th game. He’s allowed 5 goals in that span. Keep on rollin Petr!

1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Mrazek looked shakey in that shootout, but got it done!

Probably was. That was his first shootout of the season I think.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

That’s crazy. He’s improved his season GAA by almost 1.00 in 4 starts and part of a 5th game. He’s allowed 5 goals in that span. Keep on rollin Petr!

Probably was. That was his first shootout of the season I think.

I bet you liked Franzen too

Is being invisible for 20 games and then scoring 5 goals to win 5 to 1 an effective player? Is being garbage in net for 2 seasons and then getting a couple shutouts an effective player?

Mrazek takes nights off floating in net. Shutouts here n there that boost his overall terrible stats are not going to save him.

8 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

My favorite defender in the entire league right now. The guy is top notch, i'd sell the farm to get him and build a team around him. 

Burns is a great defenseman, but I certainly wouldn't "sell the farm" for a soon to be 33 year old defenseman, nor would I consider him a player to build the team around. Now, Dahlin on the other hand, that's a defenseman I would build a team around...

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Is being invisible for 20 games and then scoring 5 goals to win 5 to 1 an effective player? Is being garbage in net for 2 seasons and then getting a couple shutouts an effective player?

Mrazek takes nights off floating in net. Shutouts here n there that boost his overall terrible stats are not going to save him.

This was Franzen's MO for the entirety of his career, his prime right on through. I still loved the Mule, despite how frustrating he could be at times. 

Mrazek is just hitting his prime. Do you think it's even a remote possibility that this could be what we get from Petr through his prime years (26-32)? I do. People forget how young he still is because he's been in the league / in our system for years. Jimmy didn't get acclimated to the NHL until he was 25-26 (same age as Petr now). At that point he had played just 9 games over the span of 4 seasons...

I'm not saying this is the Mrazek we'll see every night, but I do believe it could be the Mrazek we see on a much more consistent basis going forward. He may not ever become a Vezina candidate (I still think he could be some day), but he certainly doesn't "suck", and he is more than capable of being a legit starter in this league (for this team) for a long time.

Mrazek is clearly upping his trade value, but I think it would be a terrible move to trade him at this point. I love Howard, but if we're moving one of our goalies, I'd move the 34 year old, who is what he is and won't be here beyond the rebuild, over the 26 year old, who still has potential beyond what Howard has ever been.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

This was Franzen's MO for the entirety of his career, his prime right on through. I still loved the Mule, despite how frustrating he could be at times. 

Mrazek is just hitting his prime. Do you think it's even a remote possibility that this could be what we get from Petr through his prime years (26-32)? I do. People forget how young he still is because he's been in the league / in our system for years. Jimmy didn't get acclimated to the NHL until he was 25-26 (same age as Petr now). At that point he had played just 9 games over the span of 4 seasons...

I'm not saying this is the Mrazek we'll see every night, but I do believe it could be the Mrazek we see on a much more consistent basis going forward. He may not ever become a Vezina candidate (I still think he could be some day), but he certainly doesn't "suck", and he is more than capable of being a legit starter in this league (for this team) for a long time.

Mrazek is clearly upping his trade value, but I think it would be a terrible move to trade him at this point. I love Howard, but if we're moving one of our goalies, I'd move the 34 year old, who is what he is and won't be here beyond the rebuild, over the 26 year old, who still has potential beyond what Howard has ever been.

No

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

:blink: uh, am I reading my biography of Franzen? I literally said this same exact thing until my fingers bled only to be flamed, torched, negged and laughed at for years! SMH....

You all need to stop with the Franzen hate! 

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

:blink: uh, am I reading my biography of Franzen? I literally said this same exact thing until my fingers bled only to be flamed, torched, negged and laughed at for years! SMH....

You all need to stop with the Franzen hate! 

As you should. Franzen was no more inconsistent than any other goal scorer, outside of Ovechkin types. Your ranting and raving always boiled down to his "his contract is long" 

40 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Oh! But its ok now....I get it. When everybody likes him except me, its bad o make fun of floating for 20 games, then scoring 3 then floating for 20 more...I get it now. I love being right. Thanks!

I don't think that its because ur criticism wasn't warranted at times. I think it was more that you always seemed to hold Franzen to an unrealistic standard by always comparing him to Hossa based on your belief that Franzen was chosen over him. They were 2 entirely different players and comparing them based on contracts or performance was unfair to Franzen.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

OMG YES PLEASE KEEP FIGHTING.

I miss the old days where were all fought. Now it's just me against the world.

Tell em @LeftWinger

Tell em @ChristopherReevesLegs / @number9

@rick zombo @jimmyemeryhunter @kipwinger Ya'll wanna get on this Franzen vs Hossa fight as a throwback again too? 

Rick? rick?? Rick you there??? 

NOOOOOO he's gone :*( 

Damn you @Bill Berzeench this is all your fault. 

Edited by kickazz

12 minutes ago, kickazz said:

OMG YES PLEASE KEEP FIGHTING.

I miss the old days where were all fought. Now it's just me against the world.

Tell em @LeftWinger

Tell em @ChristopherReevesLegs / @number9

@rick zombo @jimmyemeryhunter @kipwinger Ya'll wanna get on this Franzen vs Hossa fight as a throwback again too? 

Rick? rick?? Rick you there??? 

NOOOOOO he's gone :*( 

Damn you @Bill Berzeench this is all your fault. 

My goalie can beat up your goalie

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Oh! But its ok now....I get it. When everybody likes him except me, its bad o make fun of floating for 20 games, then scoring 3 then floating for 20 more...I get it now. I love being right. Thanks!

Yes, all the ill will you wished upon Franzen came true. The man is permanently injured and off your team.

Not something I'd be proud of, but hey that's just me...

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Regardless of if he doesn’t continue on this path of great play, bringing up your average that much in that short of a span is undeniably a great achievement for him. Probably boosts his confidence and makes him want to continue to do things right and rid his game of flaws.

You talk about Mrazek taking nights off like he’s the only goalie on the team who has. Howard’s season hasn’t been anything impressive either, very average. But you’d never know that around here.

Shutouts? Mrazek has three to Howard’s zero in half the games.  

10 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Regardless of if he doesn’t continue on this path of great play, bringing up your average that much in that short of a span is undeniably a great achievement for him. Probably boosts his confidence and makes him want to continue to do things right and rid his game of flaws.

You talk about Mrazek taking nights off like he’s the only goalie on the team who has. Howard’s season hasn’t been anything impressive either, very average. But you’d never know that around here.

Shutouts? Mrazek has three to Howard’s zero in half the games.  

Oh boohoo, don't act like you're the minority around here. I'm loud, but I'm very much the minority opinion on goalies. This place has circle-jerked to Mrazek through the good times and bad.

I agree Howard has had an average season by his standards, however that level of play has been spread across 40 games. Which is what you want out of a player.

Mrazek has been absolute crap-tier for 60+ games, and now suddenly has strung together a few shutouts that boosts his overall average. Those shutouts are the outlier, not the norm.

Stastically speaking Howard is a much more consistent goalie than Mrazek at this point in time, that much is blatantly clear. 

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Oh boohoo, don't act like you're the minority around here. I'm loud, but I'm very much the minority opinion on goalies. This place has circle-jerked to Mrazek through the good times and bad.

I agree Howard has had an average season by his standards, however that level of play has been spread across 40 games. Which is what you want out of a player.

Mrazek has been absolute crap-tier for 60+ games, and now suddenly has strung together a few shutouts that boosts his overall average. Those shutouts are the outlier, not the norm.

Stastically speaking Howard is a much more consistent goalie than Mrazek at this point in time, that much is blatantly clear. 

The age gap is too far spread to simply say Howard is whatever to Mrazek "at this point in time"... Who do you think will be more consistent when Mrazek is Howard's age and Howard is 41? Not really a fair comparison is it? Though you'd probably still say Howard because "Mrazek will be sucking it up in a lower tier European League"...

Howard is a veteran, and Mrazek is just entering his prime. Of course Howard is more consistent. Zetterberg is more consistent than Athanasiou as well. Does Athanasiou suck just because he's not "consistent" every night? No. People see flashes of brilliance in AA, just like most do in Mrazek. In a rebuild, we should be looking to keep as many of these type players as we can, not trading them for peanuts, and keeping the vets...

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think i’m one of the only posters that’s constantly defended Mrazek. Most that did at one point had given up on him. 

Yes, Howard has been more consistent this year. But not all Mrazek’s games were crap before this stretch either. He’s had a few good ones. The Washington OT loss and the Edmonton shutout especially showed the talent was still there.  Too early to give up in my opinion, especially when the team isn’t contending.

I don’t even see the big deal about moving a goalie this season anymore. Not even sure there’s a market besides NYI. Chicago has Crawford returning soon so they’re out.