• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

2/6 GDT Bruins at Red Wings 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

Here’s a fun one :D maybe stop taking cheap shots then??

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/02/05/brad-marchand-is-tired-of-being-labelled-a-goon/

Marchand just wants to do goon things but not be called a goon....

Led to a lot of good reddit comments such as “I’ve tried nothing and am all out of ideas!” 

“Immediately slewfoots reporter”

”it must really suck being labeled what you are.” 

:P 

53 minutes ago, amato said:

Here’s a fun one :D maybe stop taking cheap shots then??

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/02/05/brad-marchand-is-tired-of-being-labelled-a-goon/

Marchand just wants to do goon things but not be called a goon....

Led to a lot of good reddit comments such as “I’ve tried nothing and am all out of ideas!” 

“Immediately slewfoots reporter”

”it must really suck being labeled what you are.” 

:P 

What a wuss. Needs to own up to his s***

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

That wouldn't bother me 1 bit.

Gonna watch the Bruins feed tonight - Jack Edwards makes me giggle.

Maybe if this was earlier on. But in todays league the more you get suspended the heftier the sentence gets. Look at what happened to Raffi Torres. This is Marchands 6th suspension. Couple more and he may be done permanently. 

Need smarter goons. Even Lucic plays it smart. 

Edited by kickazz

First game of the season I won't watch. I would have Certainly watched if Marchand was playing. That rat is the only thing that reminds me of late 90's hockey, when in my opinion the greatest hockey of all time was played (overall).

Truth be told I want us to loose games. Everytime I watch I want us to win. So the logic is simple, if weird.

3 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Lots of Marchand hate...I'd still take him on this team in a heartbeat.

IMO - Marchand falls in the the same type of player that was Kirk Maltby.  Malts would have been suspended a lot more if he played in today's NHL.  And gosh, I loved me some Malts.  He was such an understated, valuable piece, to our run of Cups.

17 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

IMO - Marchand falls in the the same type of player that was Kirk Maltby.  Malts would have been suspended a lot more if he played in today's NHL.  And gosh, I loved me some Malts.  He was such an understated, valuable piece, to our run of Cups.

Maltby is also smart enough to adapt to todays game though. Marchand makes these mistakes and doesn't learn from them which ends up hurting the team. Lucic does a lot of goonish things and fights and hell even scores but I don't think his history of suspensions is nearly as bad as Marchands. 

Be a goon, but be a smart one that can help the team.. And in Marchands case he's all sensitive because people keep calling him a goon. It's like.. you are a goon, just accept it. Don't think Maltby even denied his role. Lucic certainly doesn't. 

Edited by kickazz

Hopefully I'm home early enough to catch some of this one...Who gets the start Howard or Mrazek?  Here's hoping everyone shows up to play, I understand not every game can be your best game but there are consistently 3-4 guys every night that play great, and they are always different guys (which is a coaching problem)...Either way LGW   

2 hours ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Maltby has been a favorite of mine since his first game as a Wing. He got into a fight and thus began a long and wonderful ride of him being a premier pest. He was so fun to watch. 

3 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

First game of the season I won't watch. I would have Certainly watched if Marchand was playing. That rat is the only thing that reminds me of late 90's hockey, when in my opinion the greatest hockey of all time was played (overall).

Truth be told I want us to loose games. Everytime I watch I want us to win. So the logic is simple, if weird.

I completely understand. When I'm watching (which is every game) I want us to win. But when we do, a part of me is sad, because that part wanted us to lose. #Dahlin

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I completely understand. When I'm watching (which is every game) I want us to win. But when we do, a part of me is sad, because that part wanted us to lose. #Dahlin

You wouldn't be a true fan of you weren't wanting wins. I still want to see them win, just so long as everyone else wins more.

38 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Rivalries IMHO really don't exist like they used to.

I enjoy watching Marchand - I for one don't mind his schtick.

Wished we had guys like him on our roster - would make this team more entertaining.

Tyler Bertuzzi has been that guy at every level before he made the Wings. Just sayin'...

18 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Tyler Bertuzzi has been that guy at every level before he made the Wings. Just sayin'...

I've actually been thinking this lately as well. I don't know if he's got that superstar upside, but he is quietly a pretty smart player and it wouldn't shock me to see him be a regular top sixer at some point. 

53 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You wouldn't be a true fan of you weren't wanting wins. I still want to see them win, just so long as everyone else wins more.

I'm a bigger and truer fan than you and I want them to lose this month.  

-----

The f*** are they playing the game of thrones theme for? 

Edited by kickazz