• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

2/6 GDT Bruins at Red Wings 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

#stealthtank

11 hours ago, kickazz said:

I'm a bigger and truer fan than you and I want them to lose this month.  

-----

The f*** are they playing the game of thrones theme for? 

...'cuz there's gonna be a slaughter of Red Wedding proportions?

The Cleveland Cavaliers just did yesterday what the Wings should have done 5 years ago.  Traded six players (and in the process free'd up a lot of money, got rid of player's who were good but not going to win them a Championship, got rid of locker room distractions/drama, created roster space, got draft picks, at the very least they cleared room to add a big time superstar, etc.).   What happened yesterday with the Cavs clearly had to come from, or at least be approved by Dan Gilbert. 

Maybe we should be wanting different ownership that is less loyal, and knows when to throw in the towel and prepare for the future?  Ownership that understands the concept that all professional teams(minus the Patriots) need rebuild periods and that putting together teams that have what it takes to win Championships is often cyclical. 

3 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

The Cleveland Cavaliers just did yesterday what the Wings should have done 5 years ago.  Traded six players (and in the process free'd up a lot of money, got rid of player's who were good but not going to win them a Championship, got rid of locker room distractions/drama, created roster space, got draft picks, at the very least they cleared room to add a big time superstar, etc.).   What happened yesterday with the Cavs clearly had to come from, or at least be approved by Dan Gilbert. 

Maybe we should be wanting different ownership that is less loyal, and knows when to throw in the towel and prepare for the future?  Ownership that understands the concept that all professional teams(minus the Patriots) need rebuild periods and that putting together teams that have what it takes to win Championships is often cyclical. 

I’ll take the illitches over Gilbert every day of the week.

12 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

That ownership was dumb enough to allow these players on their teams to begin with, some of whom were cancer to the lockerroom. At least our ownership has the sense to screen for these players ahead of time. Cavs fcked up when they signed Isiah Thomas earlier in the year, he was a known cancer. But ownership got selfish to win another championship. In the end they got rid of him at deadline anyways.

I’d rather want the owners who don’t make dumb decisions to start with. 

And lol don’t think Gilbert is some hero, the only reason the Cavs are relevant is because of Lebron James. When he left they went to s***, when he came back they got good. If he leaves again they will suck again. That’s basketball for you.

Look at the class of players on this team. Larkin is classy as f*** for his age, already a leader. AA had attitude issues but now is disciplined and harderworking. Mrazek is coming back down to earth as well. We groom the even the s***ty attitude guys to become role models. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

That ownership was dumb enough to allow these players on their teams to begin with, some of whom were cancer to the lockerroom. At least our ownership has the sense to screen for these players ahead of time. Cavs fcked up when they signed Isiah Thomas earlier in the year, he was a known cancer. But ownership got selfish to win another championship. In the end they got rid of him at deadline anyways.

I’d rather want the owners who don’t make dumb decisions to start with. 

And lol don’t think Gilbert is some hero, the only reason the Cavs are relevant is because of Lebron James. When he left they went to s***, when he came back they got good. If he leaves again they will suck again. That’s basketball for you.

Look at the class of players on this team. Larkin is classy as f*** for his age, already a leader. AA had attitude issues but now is disciplined and harderworking. Mrazek is coming back down to earth as well. We groom the even the s***ty attitude guys to become role models. 

You may be right.  But, our ownership has had a lot of bad signings, and non role models, just as the Cavs.  BTW...Role models you say??  Riley Sheahan had a DUI (dressed in a Barney outfit to boot), Tootoo had severe alcohol problems.  Todd Bertuzzi was an NHL outcast for ending another players career with a total bush league sucker punch and we signed him (people even in Detroit initially protested the signing), Probert and Darren McCarty with highly publicized Drug and Alcohol problems (I love these guys but it's the truth)??  I don't think the Wings are in business to produce/staff their roster with role models and nor do I expect them to be, but we've had our fair share of players with questions around their character that ownership willingly signed to play for us.

You allude to us not having any sort of problem that the Cavs had with bad signings.  "Don't make dumb decisions to start with".  We've totally made some just flat out bad signings...exhibit A is Stephen Weiss.  Brad Richards?  Mike Commodore?  Darien Hatcher?  Cujo?  Ray Whitney?  Uwe Krupp?  Our ownership and management has had their share of horrible signings and dumb decisions from the start..

My point was/is, would different ownership be more shrewd than Chris Illitch and therefore have a more success product year-in and year-out.  Would we be in a better position if we would have committed to a rebuild years ago, rather than trying to piece together teams that were built to keep a historic playoff streak alive?  We point a lot to our GM, and our coach, and after seeing what the Cavs did yesterday, just throwing out the question of our ownership being a part of our problem.

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

50 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

You may be right.  But, our ownership has had a lot of bad signings, and non role models, just as the Cavs.  BTW...Role models you say??  Riley Sheahan had a DUI (dressed in a Barney outfit to boot), Tootoo had severe alcohol problems.  Todd Bertuzzi was an NHL outcast for ending another players career with a total bush league sucker punch and we signed him (people even in Detroit initially protested the signing), Probert and Darren McCarty with highly publicized Drug and Alcohol problems (I love these guys but it's the truth)??  I don't think the Wings are in business to produce/staff their roster with role models and nor do I expect them to be, but we've had our fair share of players with questions around their character that ownership willingly signed to play for us.

All of the people you just mentioned were good people when playing for the Red Wings. McCarty is sober and works with Wings staff I believe. Bertuzzi living in Michigan and helps people with psych issues. Sheahan part of the dog rescue thing. Like I said we get players and make them better humans whether its attitude or something they did in the past. Not always but almost always.