• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

Rate this topic

Honestly half expecting we claim. It’s known we tried to resign him in the summer. 

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Most overrated player in recent Red Wings history. 

Another wasted first round pick. Our scouting is supposedly one of the best?

We don’t even have the cap space to take him..? What are you guys talking about? 

2 minutes ago, ShanahanMan said:

We got a 2nd (basicaly a low 1st) and 3rd round pick for him. 

It’s a victory for us.

3 minutes ago, ShanahanMan said:

Honestly half expecting we claim. It’s known we tried to resign him in the summer. 

Were pretty good at drafting forwards actually. If you hadn't noticed, we haven't drafted a decent Dman since Kronwall.

23 minutes ago, ben_usmc said:

Why is it LOL? Smith may not have been very good for us, but it's not like he was a cancer in the locker room or anything.  Seemed fairly nice.

So “lol” should only go towards cancerous heathens? That’s dumb.

He got the big “F U” from the Rangers on his bday. It’s hilarious.

It’s also hilarious because the Rangers signed him to an expensive contract only to waive him. It’s a huge slap to the Rangers organizations’ face.

Lastly it’s hilarious because Ken Hollard robbed the friggin Rangers who now have to deal with this contract and in return we got some nice picks. Holland pulled a highway robbery on those Yankees

Sense of humor much? 

Edited by kickazz

11 minutes ago, brett said:

wow thats funny

not good though means NYR is making room for acquisitions more competition 

NYR is the biggest threat to our tank. Of all years to blow up the team and trade off assets they hadddddd to pick this one. Green was the only big name Dman on the market, which should drive his price up... but now McDonagh may be available as well. f*** the Rags.  

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

So “lol” should only go towards cancerous heathens? That’s dumb.

He got the big “F U” from the Rangers on his bday. It’s hilarious.

It’s also hilarious because the Rangers signed him to an expensive contract only to waive him. It’s a huge slap to the Rangers organizations’ face.

Lastly it’s hilarious because Ken Hollard robbed the friggin Rangers who now have to deal with this contract and in return we got some nice picks. Holland pulled a highway robbery on those Yankees

Sense of humor much? 

I mean, it's not funny unless you really dislike the guy. I don't remember him ever saying a bad word about the coaching staff or organization despite benchings and cut ice-time. 

12 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

So tell me - how many times did Smith screw your girlfriend, or kicked your dog - or was it he screwed your dog, and kicked your girlfriend?

:lol:

Smith’s uglier than me and my dog has bigger balls than Smith. So neither.

I’m just a bully.

Now if we were talking about Zetterberg, I’d let him lay 50 times with the woman if he wanted. He’s a better looking man than I ever will be. No wait. I take that back, she’s not good enough for him. 

15 minutes ago, sputman said:

I mean, it's not funny unless you really dislike the guy. I don't remember him ever saying a bad word about the coaching staff or organization despite benchings and cut ice-time. 

I think he’s an overrated s***ty hockey player. That doesn’t mean I actually dislike him as a human. Don’t be a narrowminded fool. 

And what part of Rags getting screwed being funny did you not understand? My bad an original 6 rival...? We milennials (or those that rub off us) should be sympathetic towards them. Boo frickin hoo. 

Edited by kickazz

9 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I think he’s an overrated s***ty hockey player. That doesn’t mean I actually dislike him as a human. Don’t be a narrowminded fool. 

And what part of Rags getting screwed being funny did you not understand? My bad an original 6 rival...? We milennials (or those that rub off us) should be sympathetic towards them. Boo frickin hoo. 

Oh, I understand now. Thank you.

Jeff Gorton on Smith:

"We've done some different things to try to get him going and he just hasn't played that well"

In laymen terms:

"Ye he blows lmao my b"

Its hillarious because this is one of the most lopsided trade wins weve seen in the league in a while and we were the ones on the winning end. Weird feeling. Trade wins of this magnitude usually take many years to play out. But in less than a year its clear we traded dead cap weight for a very high 2nd and a 3rd. Big win for us. The fact that Ottawa sucks this year and we have their 2nd is just a sweet sweet cherry on top. IMO Holland deserves some big credit for this one.

If you guys think I'm being to harsh on Smith. Take a look at what the Rangers fans are saying on HFboards when they found out he was waived: 

Excellent news, it's a start. **** that guy....

Let it be known that I was not a fan of bringing him in Last TDL. Then he convinced me to keep him with his play with us last year. I now hate him. Do not trust me.

Instead, he let them down from the jump by coming into camp out of shape. All season he's struggled to even play at a 3rd pair level. Honestly, Holden is better than Smith and 1/3 the price.

I liked his playoffs and he had me fooled but this is a good start. Have fun in HTFD. Hope ur summer vaca was worth it

YES! Peace out slacker!!

Good. Love it. Jackass slacked off all summer and it showed. This isn't AVs fault - it's entirely on Smith.

Guy's a bum

Smith from last year's playoffs isn't worth 4.5 million. And he has NEVER played that well prior.

Good riddance! He played well last year but he clearly put in zero effort after signing that deal.

---

The narrative seems to be that Smith slacked off all summer after he signed the contract and showed up to camp out of shape. His work ethic got exposed in a more lenient system if you ask me. I don't think s*** like that flies here in Detroit. Rangers fans obviously were not happy with him all year long.

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Did they know it was Smith's birthday? I mean if they did, that's just cold. 

That trade and contract looks really bad on Gorton and his team right now. You know perfectly well they knew it was his birthday today. This was not just a demotion off the team, it was a personal F U to Smith from management. By the sounds of it Smith never took his job seriously in NYR. Which makes you wonder how much he was applying himself during his time here. It's been widely known for a long time Smitty wasn't the brightest bulb...

I guess Smith ended up being an idiot both on and off the ice... how do you show up to training camp out of shape? 

Dude even Dustin Byfuglien gets fat during the summer and goes ham before training camp and shreds a lot of his weight. 

jvH9dQJ.jpg

Edited by kickazz