• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

Rate this topic

26 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

He made a trade...He's doing his job...Yes - we won this time around, but lets be honest here - Kenny has done his fair share of screwing up.

He's made good moves, he's made bad moves, but lets not be hypocritical. For every ounce of criticism fans gives him for a bad move, they should equally praise him for a good move.

Some have such a bias against the guy and have spoken out about the Smith trade in such detain, its hilarious to see it bite them in the ass. :lol:

I would give Kenny more credit had he not signed multiple bad deals worse than the Rangers with (in order of most disastrous) Smith.......1. DeKeyser  2. Abdelkader. 3. Ericsson 4.Helm

So Kenny gets rid of Smith for a draft pick will not correct all the damage he has done.  

1 minute ago, kjw25 said:

I would give Kenny more credit had he not signed multiple bad deals worse than the Rangers with (in order of most disastrous) Smith.......1. DeKeyser  2. Abdelkader. 3. Ericsson 4.Helm

So Kenny gets rid of Smith for a draft pick will not correct all the damage he has done.  

The Dekeyser deal was the right one at the time. An argument can be made for the Ericsson deal being the right one at the time as well. Hindsight sure is a *****, eh?

I don't think the Helm deal is bad at all. I have no doubt he'd have value to other teams in a trade is he has to be moved. The Abby contract is the only bad one, and that's due to length. The disney.com deal is another dumb one, though not crippling. 

4 hours ago, kjw25 said:

At least the Rangers GM can admit changes are needed unlike someone....

Rangers actually released a very well written memo to the fans letting them know they acknowledge the fact that changes are definitely needed and are coming. THATS respecting your fan base. Ass opposed to our management that talks about going on "big runs" and that out roster looks good, treating fans as naive, uninformed and just plan out stupid. 

When was the last time the Rangers won the Stanley Cup? You guys sure talk big when praising the Rangers but no results have been shown. 

Rangers could buy all their fans designer jockstraps to “show respect” for all I care, they still suck and have not brought in a single Stanley Cup in 20+ years.

Their ENTIRE rebuild since 1994 has been a complete and utter failure and here they go trying to do it again. Ya’ll are praising a franchise that failed at rebuilding and has to do it all over again;  let that sink in for a minute.

In the same time the Rangers have tried to rebuild and go at a cup run (two decades), we’ve won 4 Stanley Cups and we’ve drafted Larkin, Mantha, AA, Svech, Cholo, Ras. We’re ahead of them in the rebuilding as of now. 

Our owners are better and so is our management (Sather/Gorton).

Edited by kickazz

21 minutes ago, ShanahanMan said:

Rangers actually released a very well written memo to the fans letting them know they acknowledge the fact that changes are definitely needed and are coming. THATS respecting your fan base. Ass opposed to our management that talks about going on "big runs" and that out roster looks good, treating fans as naive, uninformed and just plan out stupid. 

DUU3cAeUQAENkFF.jpg?itok=_z6XQ9qE

5 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Weren't there a couple people here trying to say Smith was a top 4 D fairly recently?

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah, also that hes very similar to 08 cup win Brad Stuart...

If you guys trying to point at @krsmith17 then just do it. 

Michiganders are hard. Don’t be softies.

@ChristopherReevesLegs I know you went to West (which was the softest one) and I went to East (so hard bro) but no excuses.

Edited by kickazz

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

When was the last time the Rangers won the Stanley Cup? You guys sure talk big when praising the Rangers but no results have been shown. 

Rangers could buy all their fans designer jockstraps to “show respect” for all I care, they still suck and have not brought in a single Stanley Cup in 20+ years.

Their ENTIRE rebuild since 1994 has been a complete and utter failure and here they go trying to do it again. Ya’ll are praising a franchise that failed at rebuilding and has to do it all over again;  let that sink in for a minute.

In the same time the Rangers have tried to rebuild and go at a cup run (two decades), we’ve won 4 Stanley Cups and we’ve drafted Larkin, Mantha, AA, Svech, Cholo, Ras. We’re ahead of them in the rebuilding as of now. 

Our owners are better and so is our management (Sather/Gorton).

Yeah, but their goalie is a lot better looking than ours.

6 hours ago, marcaractac said:

The Dekeyser deal was the right one at the time. An argument can be made for the Ericsson deal being the right one at the time as well. Hindsight sure is a *****, eh?

I don't think the Helm deal is bad at all. I have no doubt he'd have value to other teams in a trade is he has to be moved. The Abby contract is the only bad one, and that's due to length. The disney.com deal is another dumb one, though not crippling. 

I'm glad someone else said this. I've always thought the anger/outrage over those contracts was an overreaction, but never had the guts to say it because the Holland hate was of Sith Lord proportions around here for so long.

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

If you guys trying to point at @krsmith17 then just do it. 

Michiganders are hard. Don’t be softies.

@ChristopherReevesLegs I know you went to West (which was the softest one) and I went to East (so hard bro) but no excuses.

East was literally for nerds

Shut up nerd

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

That's f***ed up

It was one of those situations where I was good friends with them but cracked the occasional jokes at them.

My picking on people has always been good natured. 

You loser. 

Serious question:

If the Rangers want to rid themselves of Smith w/o buying him out, they will have to take back a bad contract in a trade. If you're Holland and you have 3 expensive contracts playing in your bottom 6, do you consider taking Smith back from NY if you're trading away one of those contracts?

Flame on.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie