• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

Rate this topic

33 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

You can find mine in my profile...I'll be expecting gifts several months from now in the form of either a single malt scotch, or a quality bourbon thank you very much.

One day me you and others will meet and I'll buy you that Appletini

Brendan Smith is garbage. We knew he was garbage, but now the rest of the league is finding it out. He can't even keep up in the AHL. Luke Witkowski is a more valuable player for christ sake.

Philly is gonna find out soon that Mrazek also sucks

Vegas is gonna learn Tatar wasn't worth 3 picks

And Ken is gonna look like a genius for turning garbage into new young talent. I LOVE the Kenny rebuild. GOD BLESS

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Not sure if anyone saw, but....

Smith broke his hand at practice... an AHL practice... fighting his own teammate (some young kid)... and the fight occurred off the ice... in the locker-room

Smith has officially reached megadoosh lockerroom cancer status :clap:

Wow.

Where you see this?

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

Wow.

Where you see this?

https://nypost.com/2018/03/21/this-skinny-chris-kreider-is-even-more-indispensable-to-rangers/

Brendan Smith’s miserable season has ended in almost predictably miserable fashion, The Post has learned.

The defenseman, who was assigned to the Wolf Pack after clearing waivers Feb. 9 in the midst of the first season of his four-year, $17.4 million deal, suffered a broken hand in a fight at practice this past Sunday with Vinni Lettieri.

A few days before this article hit, a reddit user reported that Smith had suffered a broken hand after fighting with a teammate in the locker-room. Then this article broke yesterday and confirmed most of his story.

Oh Schmitty.... dammit Brendan, this is why you can't have nice things

https://thehockeywriters.com/rangers-options-brendan-smith/

March 18, 2018. Smith is in another fight but this one comes during practice with the Hartford Wolf Pack, and his opponent is 5-foot-8, 170-pound teammate Vinni Lettieri, a scorer who did not fare well in his one AHL fight this season. Smith is 6-foot-2, 211 pounds and considerably more experienced with his fists, but breaks his hand in the scrap ending his season.

Edited by NerveDamage

2 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

Oh Schmitty.... dammit Brendan, this is why you can't have nice things

https://thehockeywriters.com/rangers-options-brendan-smith/

March 18, 2018. Smith is in another fight but this one comes during practice with the Hartford Wolf Pack, and his opponent is 5-foot-8, 170-pound teammate Vinni Lettieri, a scorer who did not fare well in his one AHL fight this season. Smith is 6-foot-2, 211 pounds and considerably more experienced with his fists, but breaks his hand in the scrap ending his season.

Huh. B. Smith and I are literally the same height and weight. I don't fight munchkins tho.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Huh. B. Smith and I are literally the same height and weight. I don't fight munchkins tho.

Almost the same here. Same height, less weight, around 195. But I would rather fight Smith than some 5-8, 170 guy...my god..

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

On 3/28/2018 at 11:28 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I can't remember a player that was awarded as many chances to perform as Brendan Smith only to fall that far that quickly. It's truly astonishing.

Petr Mrazek is making his own case for that record now thou too...

But Philly didn't give up a 2nd and a 3rd straight up for Mrazek, sign him to a four year deal at $4 million per, and turn around and waive him in the first season of it. The stupidity of the Rangers on this one can't be matched.

Without Mrazek, as off and on as he's been, the Flyers wouldn't be holding a wild card spot still. He's paid off what they gave up at least. They lost some of that 6 point cushion they had tonight though. Now they have to gain three points in their last two games, or Florida has to lose three points in their last three games, two of them against Boston, who will be going hard to try to keep the division lead. That 3rd rounder SHOULD come back, but it's getting tight.

15 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

But Philly didn't give up a 2nd and a 3rd straight up for Mrazek, sign him to a four year deal at $4 million per, and turn around and waive him in the first season of it. The stupidity of the Rangers on this one can't be matched.

Without Mrazek, as off and on as he's been, the Flyers wouldn't be holding a wild card spot still. He's paid off what they gave up at least. They lost some of that 6 point cushion they had tonight though. Now they have to gain three points in their last two games, or Florida has to lose three points in their last three games, two of them against Boston, who will be going hard to try to keep the division lead. That 3rd rounder SHOULD come back, but it's getting tight.

Season   Team                        Lge    GP   Min   GA  EN SO   GAA   W   L   T   Svs    Pct
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18  Philadelphia Flyers         NHL    17   913   49   0  1  3.22   6   6   3   401  0.891

Yes. Paid off. Definitely. Solid goalie. Yes. Good work Flyers.

Lets ask Flyers fans what they think:

"I’m beginning to think ROB ZEPP is a better goalie."

"Mrazek seems like a bit of a head case. He is always talking to him self and kind of throws a tantrum when he gets pulled"

"He has been a dud for the flyers. Hope they get rid of him in the off season. Needs to stay in his crease and not chase the puck so much."

"Boooooo"

"Mrazek has...not played well to say the least."

"Why is Mrazek in?!"

I think you need to talk to your people and get them back on board with the whole Mrazek agenda

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Season   Team                        Lge    GP   Min   GA  EN SO   GAA   W   L   T   Svs    Pct
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18  Philadelphia Flyers         NHL    17   913   49   0  1  3.22   6   6   3   401  0.891

Yes. Paid off. Definitely. Solid goalie. Yes. Good work Flyers.

Lets ask Flyers fans what they think:

I think you need to talk to your people and get them back on board with the whole Mrazek agenda

Didn't say his numbers were great, but he did what was needed, keep the playoffs possible. He was brought in as a stop-gap until Elliott or Neuvirth (who Mrazek had to bail out after he lasted 1.5 periods in his "return") were ready, so Lyon wasn't forced into the starting role. They didn't want to just throw the pressure onto him at that point, which was smart with a goalie who is part of your future. 

Had Mrazek continued how he started off there, he might have earned himself a contract. But he didn't. Opportunity there for the taking and all. Oh well, his problem. I am still curious to see how he does in playoffs though, if they do make it. He's only played ten playoff games, but has something like a 1.84 GAA in them.

Philly fans were pretty damn happy when he first got there. Lots of Mrazek love. Now they aren't and wish they didn't have him. s***ty buzz, maybe they should take it up with Hextall.

Mrazek is not what concerns majority of Flyers fan right now. That Haks is able to bench Ghost in OT. He´s playing usually Lehtera istead of Patrick on PP (and he put him on PP against NYI and guess what?), organisation does prefer Hagg over Sanheim. 

6 minutes ago, Juklitz said:

Mrazek is not what concerns majority of Flyers fan right now. That Haks is able to bench Ghost in OT. He´s playing usually Lehtera istead of Patrick on PP (and he put him on PP against NYI and guess what?), organisation does prefer Hagg over Sanheim. 

Yeah, I read the Flyers GDTs sometimes, and Mrazek isn't the main topic of conversation or anything. Andrew MacDonald playing 20+ minutes a game is more of a concern. Improper useage of the younger guys too, like you said. Frustrated fanbase over there, understandably. No Cups since Bernie Parent roamed the crease. They aren't a contender yet, but they will be soon enough. Lots of great young players on the team and in the system.

4 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

800K. Listed as a Dman and a winger lol.

subtract Hamilton and Bean. Add DeAngelo and Smith. GO home Canes, you're drunk. Nothing like dumping your goalies and dmen after finishing top 5 in goals against and pk.