• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

2/9 GDT Red Wings at Islanders 7:00 PM EST. RIP Brenden Smith edition.

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, amato said:

Finally just caught up with the game highlights and that HUUUGE slash. Wow. NYI should’ve got the 5 for diving.... incredible. 

Yep. Blatant goalie interference call leads to the Florida loss, then that dive gave this game back to NYI. Still no excuse for allowing 4 ******* PP goals in a row when leading 5-2 though. How does that even happen?

And no, it’s not all on the goalie, which seems to be the go to answer. Traditional goaltending strategy has been forgotten over the years. It’s the goalies job to stop initial shots, any rebounds should be cleared away by the defence. Helps when you have one though. I happens all over the league, teams leaving their goalie alone to stop two or three shots in a row. Battle for those loose pucks and clear them!!

Listened to a live radio feed here in the UK , Wings go up 5-2 mid 3rd period, that'll do, turn off radio hit the sack. (It's late here)! 

Woke up and Log into NHL.com to get the stats, wtf happened?!!

How can you loose that lead, not once but twice we had a 3 goal lead.

Now, taking  5 min major doesn't help, but 4 goals on the same pen is just down right un-professional , my rec team wouldn't have given up 4 goals on the major pen, and to be crowing that they've been practicing the PK last week , just makes it all the more unbelievable. 

Problem with this team is they keeping picking up losing points and moving further away from a top 3 draft pick. 

18 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Listened to a live radio feed here in the UK , Wings go up 5-2 mid 3rd period, that'll do, turn off radio hit the sack. (It's late here)! 

Now, taking  5 min major doesn't help, but 4 goals on the same pen is just down right un-professional , my rec team wouldn't have given up 4 goals on the major pen, and to be crowing that they've been practicing the PK last week , just makes it all the more unbelievable. 

Problem with this team is they keeping picking up losing points and moving further away from a top 3 draft pick. 

You are right on, lots of things need to happen for any hockey team in any league to surrender a 3 goal lead in 15 minutes.

Lack of confidence. No set defensive playstyle, ie posture/scheme. Expecting the loss. Bad luck.

I believe it's a good loss, stated earlier. This is a back-breaker. We have had some of those this year. But this one was Bad. Veterans will want to get out. Kids need a reset.

Which is what I think we need, so no harm done truth be told.

1 hour ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Zero points was half a minute away. Green got us one point. Funny how the guy that’s 100% going to be traded to a contender (which I’m sure he welcomes) if things don’t shape up real fast is scoring goals like that, salvaging points out of needed losses.

I know it’s his job, and he’s not going to miss a chance to score a goal at anytime. And it helps his trade value scoring those kind of late goals that a contender will need going forward. Just ironic. He better fetch a great deadline return.

3 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

We're 3-5-2 in our last 10 games. Only one team below us has fewer points (Vancouver; were already below us). Florida has moved from 1 point below to 1 above. We're now within 1 point of Edmonton. We're getting closer to a higher pick, not further away...while still maintaining some semblance of organizational self-respect.