• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

2/11 GDT Red Wings at Capitals 3:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Howard has played his guts out... I feel back for him and for Mrazek (pretty much every game)

3 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

And you want 2 points why?

tired of hearing, at least we got a point, when they just had to keep playing to win in regulation.

edit:  two points, Wings win in spite of themselves

Edited by puckloo39
we won!!!

There 2 points that will hurt our odds of a better pick!!!!!! Bring back Bert to take 5 min major, he knows the greater needs 

Just now, Jasper84 said:

That was a pretty goal, ugly 3rd period. But why did we snag any points at all? I love this team, but they aren't doing themselves any favors.

Exactly!!!

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Only 15 days until we find out if Tatar, Mrazek, Howard, Nyquist, Green are getting traded. 

Probably none if they win games they should lose based on third period play alone. 

Just now, amato said:

i really feel like it'll only be Green and XO (either traded or waived) who will be leaving around the deadline 

Green is a must. Trade him and get good assets. Keep him and he walks for nothing. Even if playoffs are possible, they will win nothing with or without him.

Must trade.

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Probably none if they win games they should lose based on third period play alone. 

Green is a must. Trade him and get good assets. Keep him and he walks for nothing. Even if playoffs are possible, they will win nothing with or without him.

Must trade.

yeah, 100% they'll trade green. there's no way they shouldn't at this point, unfortunately. 

24 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Doesn't Green have a NTC? If so, whether or not he gets traded is entirely up to him.

No.

Why would he not want to get traded to a contender?

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, puckloo39 said:

both of our goalies must dread this... even a one goal lead is enough to make this team stop playing, assuming they have the W.

Genius coach understands that the best way to protect a lead is to stop playing hockey.  I wouldn't expect YOU PEOPLE to understand.  

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

No.

Because he knows Detroit will be a contender in the next few years, after Blashill's vision begins to take shape.  He'll want to stay in Detroit to stick this out.

Edited by GMRwings1983

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

No.

According to cap friendly.com he does. As far as why wouldn't he? From what I've read he seems content in Detroit and wants to resign. He didn't like leaving DC to begin with. Plus he just had a kid. Not saying he wouldn't waive it to go to a contender for a couple of months, but I wouldn't be surprised if he retires a Red Wing.

42 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

According to cap friendly.com he does. As far as why wouldn't he? From what I've read he seems content in Detroit and wants to resign. He didn't like leaving DC to begin with. Plus he just had a kid. Not saying he wouldn't waive it to go to a contender for a couple of months, but I wouldn't be surprised if he retires a Red Wing.

He's a free agent this summer. If he says no to trade you really think we'll resign him for screwing us over like that? We need picks. Green can help us out by becoming a rental for another team. And if he really wants to stay in Detroit we can re-sign him in the summer. But he knows we need help and if he says no, he's not going to have very many friends in the front office. 

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Doesn't Green have a NTC? If so, whether or not he gets traded is entirely up to him.

Won’t be an issue. Hasn’t been any mention of his NTC in trade rumours at all. Pretty much a given he’ll go along with a trade to a contender.

If he were to block a trade only to ride the rest of this season out on a team with zero chance of winning anything when he could have a Cup shot, I’d have to question his sanity. If he really likes it here, he can sign again as a UFA July 1 with the team gaining valuable picks by renting him out, so to say.

People talking about Green resigning, but how is that going to happen with Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou and Mrazek all needing new deals?

Of course there is a chance one of the goalies gets moved.

Edited by TLGTrico

41 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

People talking about Green resigning, but how is that going to happen with Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou and Mrazek all needing new deals?

Of course there is a chance one of the goalies gets moved.

We don't need Green. His offense is nice, but it's not groundbreaking, either. They need to start building that defensive core up because right now it's full of a bunch of 3, 4, 5, and 6 d-men. No top line talent. No shutdown defender or offensive defensemen (outside of Green).

We all need to acknowledge that this team had a 4-1 lead heading into the 3rd and let it evaporate and almost lost the game (luckily Howard bailed them out in the OT). This after they just did the same thing with a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period.

7 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

We don't need Green. His offense is nice, but it's not groundbreaking, either. They need to start building that defensive core up because right now it's full of a bunch of 3, 4, 5, and 6 d-men. No top line talent. No shutdown defender or offensive defensemen (outside of Green).

We all need to acknowledge that this team had a 4-1 lead heading into the 3rd and let it evaporate and almost lost the game (luckily Howard bailed them out in the OT). This after they just did the same thing with a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period.

With Green, you give up defensive ability for offensive ability. Why not just transition a forward with some offensive skill and a good hard shot over to defence?

Witkowski can play both forward and defence, so I figure there’d be hopes for pretty much anyone to learn be able to.

Not saying it’s a replacement for Green. Just thinking. 

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

With Green, you give up defensive ability for offensive ability. Why not just transition a forward with some offensive skill and a good hard shot over to defence?

Witkowski can play both forward and defence, so I figure there’d be hopes for pretty much anyone to learn be able to.

Not saying it’s a replacement for Green. Just thinking. 

Because they're entirely different positions, with entirely different ways of thinking and entirely different skill sets.  It's the same reason baseball teams don't take an outfielder with a cannon for an arm and make him a pitcher, or an NFL team doesn't use an 0-lineman as a d-lineman.  Guys like Witkowski are a rarity, and generally don't really do either very well.