• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Peter Chiarelli's Moves

Rate this topic

Just thought I would break down his major moves (Points wise) as far as how the players involved are playing this season. The Oilers really really seemed to give up a lot for a very little return. Pretty bad for the man who is famously known for the Seguin/Eriksson trade. 

The Hall trade I get, they were hoping for a legit top pairing guy, but I just don't understand the Eberle trade.

Eberle for Strome

Eberle - 58GP - 19 Goals, 23 Assists for 42 Points

Strome - 55GP - 7 Goals, 15 Assists for 22 Points

Hall for Larson

Larson - 40GP - 3 Goals, 3 Assists for 6 Points

Hall - 51GP - 23 Goals 36 Assists for 59 Points

Schultz for a 3rd (Filip Berglund)

Schultz - 41 GP - 3 Goals, 14 Assists for  17 Points

5 hours ago, kliq said:

Just thought I would break down his major moves (Points wise) as far as how the players involved are playing this season. The Oilers really really seemed to give up a lot for a very little return. Pretty bad for the man who is famously known for the Seguin/Eriksson trade. 

The Hall trade I get, they were hoping for a legit top pairing guy, but I just don't understand the Eberle trade.

Eberle for Strome

Eberle - 58GP - 19 Goals, 23 Assists for 42 Points

Strome - 55GP - 7 Goals, 15 Assists for 22 Points

Hall for Larson

Larson - 40GP - 3 Goals, 3 Assists for 6 Points

Hall - 51GP - 23 Goals 36 Assists for 59 Points

Schultz for a 3rd (Filip Berglund)

Schultz - 41 GP - 3 Goals, 14 Assists for  17 Points

Pretty sure Eberle ($6M cap hit) for Strome ($2.5M cap hit) was to be able to afford McDavid and Draisaitl contracts

On 2/14/2018 at 3:43 PM, kliq said:

I get that, and I don’t have an issue with trading eberle, my issue is the return. He should have garnered more then Strome. 

Yeah, perhaps, but would have to have been prospects as he couldn't take salary

None of those deals are worse than signing Abby. “Abby” truly sucks, we don’t need his “grit” especially for the salary he is getting!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would be nice if he could win a fight once in a while. 

11 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

None of those deals are worse than signing Abby. “Abby” truly sucks, we don’t need his “grit” especially for the salary he is getting!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would be nice if he could win a fight once in a while. 

Surely you can’t think Abby’s deal was worse than Errorson!?! Guy is a pylon. 

Edited by kickazz

7 hours ago, F.Michael said:

They allow Canadians to attend school at Harvard?

Of course. How else does a white male get into a liberal elite school? Not by being American too. That would be the trifecta of reverse discrimination.

10 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

Ericsson over Abby any day. Both suck, but Ericsson actually wins fights and makes less money!!!!

You do understand that actually "winning" fights is not what's important. It's about sending a message and protecting your teammates. 

15 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

Ericsson over Abby any day. Both suck, but Ericsson actually wins fights and makes less money!!!!

Don't they both make 4.25 mil a year?  Both are way higher then Id expect BUT Abby has finished nicely a few times this season surprisingly.  His biggest problem is he doesn't have Datsyuk banking shots off of him into the net anymore so obviously his stats dropped :w00t:         

(Fun fact: I miss Datsyuk every time the Wings play..) 

Edited by 13dangledangle

31 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

Don't they both make 4.25 mil a year?  Both are way higher then Id expect BUT Abby has finished nicely a few times this season surprisingly.  His biggest problem is he doesn't have Datsyuk banking shots off of him into the net anymore so obviously his stats dropped :w00t:         

(Fun fact: I miss Datsyuk every time the Wings play..) 

Salaries are different. E makes 4.25 this year and Abby makes 5. But to ur point, They have the exact same cap hit because of structuring, which is really all that matters. Good call. Neither player is as bad as some make them out to be.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

38 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Of course. How else does a white male get into a liberal elite school? Not by being American too. That would be the trifecta of reverse discrimination.

You do understand that actually "winning" fights is not what's important. It's about sending a message and protecting your teammates. 

Yes when Abby gets his ass kicked it sends the message “We suck at fighting too.” 

1 hour ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

Arguably one of the potentially worse GMs in the modern era?

He made some good moves as GM of the Bruins and did win the Cup.  He also made some bad moves there.  In any case, he's far from the worst as he had a competitive team for many years and a Cup winner.  

15 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

He made some good moves as GM of the Bruins and did win the Cup.  He also made some bad moves there.  In any case, he's far from the worst as he had a competitive team for many years and a Cup winner.  

I think the more appropriate label would be the worst "trader" (for lack of a better term) of the modern era. His ability to make trades is awful as he seem to lose big every single time.

7 minutes ago, kliq said:

I think the more appropriate label would be the worst "trader" (for lack of a better term) of the modern era. His ability to make trades is awful as he seem to lose big every single time.

Yeah, it's his awful trade history that makes him THE worst GM in the league. Man he's made some terrible trades in his short time with Edmonton and previously Boston. Mind blowing.

46 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, it's his awful trade history that makes him THE worst GM in the league. Man he's made some terrible trades in his short time with Edmonton and previously Boston. Mind blowing.

Seguin for Eriksson takes the top prize though. He lucked out with the second overall pick due to a first being owed to him by a dismal team. Ottawa? 

Was basically gifted Seguin, still screwed it up.

Funny how he was the guy in charge of pulling the trigger on horrible trades involving both of that years first (Hall) and second overall picks with different teams. Haha