• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2/18 GDT - Maple Leafs @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Start Mrazek

Yeah I figure. He can handle a back to back, but they may go with Howard.

Petr getting some good press after last nights game. Good stuff.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/02/17/mrazek-stymies-predators-red-wings-win/110547094/

Edited by chaps80

I think on back-to-backs you almost always have to switch up the goalie, so I think it's a good call to put Jimmeh in.

Green being injured is not good

Predictions:

- Bertuzzi continues to ruffle feathers.

- Jensen scores leaving XO as the only guy who hasn't scored

- If we win people will complain about the team being too good. If we lose, people will complain about how bad the team is.

12 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

- If we win people will complain about the team being too good. If we lose, people will complain about how bad the team is.

That's right. And I would say they are right in thinking so. Our team is bad. Every loss is a win counting towards the draft.

With that said every game I watch I want us winning. Contradiction? Absolutely. It boils down to human nature if you ask me.

In the end though I want what's best for our team long term, and right now that is getting stripped, dipped in tar and rolled in feathers, landing comfortably close to Arizona amongst the bottom feeders.

20 bucks on Toronto.

1 hour ago, Jacksoni said:

That's right. And I would say they are right in thinking so. Our team is bad. Every loss is a win counting towards the draft.

With that said every game I watch I want us winning. Contradiction? Absolutely. It boils down to human nature if you ask me.

In the end though I want what's best for our team long term, and right now that is getting stripped, dipped in tar and rolled in feathers, landing comfortably close to Arizona amongst the bottom feeders.

20 bucks on Toronto.

Yeah, sort of understandable - but there is some absurdity in it. I think there's a fine balance in there somewhere: you never want a group of players who are just lay down and be fine with losing. I think these games are as much about young guys development (Larkin, AA, Mantha, etc) as much as getting a good draft position. 

We're 7th from the bottom. That would give us a chance at a very good player. Where you're going to fall in the picks is dependant increasingly on the lottery since the odds are more even now. We finished 6th from the bottom last year and end up with the 9th pick. Dallas, who were 7th last year (our current spot) ended up with the 3rd overall pick. Philly got the 2nd overall, but finished 12th from the bottom. And, in fact, none of the bottom 3 teams last year even picked in the top 3 spots.

I'm just rooting for the guys and hope to see good signs and development for the future. Trading Green - and maybe others - will likely lead to a sinking in the standings and better draft odds, as well as that inevitable effect it has on players once playoffs are completely out of the picture.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Yep, let's not reward the goalie that just won the game before.

On a back to back I can see playing Howard. 

What is showing, is Holland has no respect for how Mrazek has played lately. Jumping on offering him to Philly right after he heard of Elliott's injury. Just seems to love screwing with his head. He deserves better than that. 

33 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

On a back to back I can see playing Howard. 

What is showing, is Holland has no respect for how Mrazek has played lately. Jumping on offering him to Philly right after he heard of Elliott's injury. Just seems to love screwing with his head. He deserves better than that. 

Boo freakin' hoo. We need draft picks and starting Mrazek could have been to increase his value to sellers. 

11 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Boo freakin' hoo. We need draft picks and starting Mrazek could have been to increase his value to sellers. 

Coulda been. His value obv didn’t increase much though if he was offered up for a third. Hasn’t been inquiries from teams lately.

But there’s been teams inquiring about Howard lately. How come we never hear about said teams or offers? What if they are better than Mrazek could bring and gets the team out of the last season of his deal? Gotta make that trade then. Would be cool to know what’s going on there. 

3 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I think on back-to-backs you almost always have to switch up the goalie, so I think it's a good call to put Jimmeh in.

Predictions:

Oh. So. True.

4 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Predictions:

Can't agree more.

Edited by DatsyukianDekes

4 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Predictions:

You won't see me complaining about a loss.  I might complain about a win though.

40 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Coulda been. His value obv didn’t increase much though if he was offered up for a third. Hasn’t been inquiries from teams lately.

But there’s been teams inquiring about Howard lately. How come we never hear about said teams or offers? What if they are better than Mrazek could bring and gets the team out of the last season of his deal? Gotta make that trade then. Would be cool to know what’s going on there. 

Howard has one year left on contract, Mrazek has none. Mrazek would be a rental.

Edited by kickazz