• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2/18 GDT - Maple Leafs @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Howard has one year left on contract, Mrazek has none. Mrazek would be a rental.

I know this. Still doesn’t change the fact that by reports there’s been inquiries about Howard, and none about Mrazek. 

I’m curious to know what teams are calling and what offers (if any) have been put out there in regards to him. If they’re willing to take him with a year remaining on his deal, all the better.

8 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Wonder who is faster between AA and Helm currently. 

AA, when he’s not slacking. Easily one of the fastest in the league end to end. Huge strides. He’s just gone.

Helm has managed to keep his speed over a decade into his career. He definitely keeps on shape and his skating top notch. Not surprising he focuses on it so much though. It’s really all he has. 

Edited by chaps80

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

AA, when he’s not slacking. Easily one of the fastest in the league end to end. Huge strides. He’s just gone.

Helm has managed to keep his speed over a decade into his career. He definitely keeps on shape and his skating top notch. Not surprising he focuses on it so much though. It’s really all he has. 

I feel like Helm has slowed down a little bit though. 

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I feel like Helm has slowed down a little bit though. 

A bit ya. He’s older. But still fast enough to be effective against younger players.

I remember in ‘08 when he was called up for the playoffs. Gave opposing players fits because of his speed. Scored some big goals too. West clincher in OT against Chicago stands out.

Ahh the good days...

Just now, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Agreed. He used to leave people behind more often. Maybe it's also a bit that the rest of the league has gotten faster in his 8 or 9 years in the league

Yeah he was the first of his kind in 08. Lot more faster skaters out there now that may not make him stand out as much anymore. 

5 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Missed the beginning. Thought Howard was supposed to be in - What's up?

Haha I thought so too, but nope. 

Maybe it’s a Philly showcase.

”Come on Ron...you know you want him!”

The one thing I don’t get about that move is if Holland is so playoff happy, why does he want to trade the goalie who has been keeping that faint flicker of playoff hope going for him the last month? It doesn’t make sense.

But then again, Holland def doesn’t always make sense...

1 minute ago, kjw25 said:

Abby trying to fight someone smaller than him, sure he would still lose.

Abby suddenly lost a lot of his grit when he signed that big contract. He was always a guy who had to do dirty work as part of staying on a team. Now he doesn’t need to. He got pay.

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Am I incorrect in assuming that all the Leafs fans in the building are people who are too cheap to afford to attend Leafs games in Toronto?  

Very well could be. Games at the ACC are sold out years in advance and nosebleeds sell for $200 on stubhub for regular season games. It’s ridiculous.

Since the wings stink the last few years I don't see as many games as I once did, in my region... but this game is revealing, Kronwall looks out of place, Larkin looks as over rated as I've thought, and we are short an NHL caliber coach.

Oh and why are we trading the goalie with upside again?

3 minutes ago, mackel said:

Since the wings stink the last few years I don't see as many games as I once did, in my region... but this game is revealing, Kronwall looks out of place, Larkin looks as over rated as I've thought, and we are short an NHL caliber coach.

I’m trying to figure that one out. I haven’t watched a game in a little bit, but Mrazek looks calm and confident, solid positioning, not taking risks on pucks. Way less aggressive.

Nielson got smoked good.

8 minutes ago, mackel said:

Larkin is not overrated at all