• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2/18 GDT - Maple Leafs @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Lets count how many things we did wrong on that game winner. 

1. Bad icing

2. Win draw and lose possession

3. Jensen muscled off the puck

4. Larkin on the wrong side of the puck 

5. DK laying on his stomach

6. Mrazek overplaying his position ( his biggest flaw ) 

4 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Pug nose scores in the last minute. 

This team loves to give up last minute goals to end up with zero points.  

He is one weird looking kid. But man can he shoot. Barely even saw that release into a tight spot. 

Good game. No points. Works for me.

12 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

He is one weird looking kid. But man can he shoot. Barely even saw that release into a tight spot. 

Good game. No points. Works for me.

Why?  So we can try to win the lottery and draft this Erasmus Dahlsson kid?  

Edited by GMRwings1983

3 minutes ago, puckbags said:

1. Bad icing

Pretty much. Every Wings player on the ice screwed up on that one. DD though, he didn’t even try. He was standing in the same spot the whole time, didn’t even challenge Matthews. Mrazek made the first save, couldn’t get over in time. 

Full team brain fart. No points is great though.

14 minutes ago, puckbags said:

1. Bad icing

Mrazek will never learn good positioning.  We need to hire Brodeur as our goalie coach.

12 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Why?  So we can try to win the lottery and draft this Erasmus Dahlsson kid?  

Dahlin is probably out of reach. So are playoffs. This team is going to draft around the same spot they did last year, maybe a bit lower.

6 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Mrazek will never learn good positioning.  We need to hire Brodeur as our goalie coach.

Mrazek was exactly where he was supposed to be.  Unless of course you think he should have known exactly how his teammates were about to give the puck away?  

4 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

He’s been a lot better lately. He did kinda get caught there, but when the puck gets to Matthews and he’s got open twine, it’s going in. Not many goalies would have stopped that, even if they did get over faster. 

Or if our $6 million defenseman could have done something to help, that woulda been cool.

Brodeur as our goalie coach would be awesome though.

6 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Dahlin is probably out of reach. So are playoffs. This team is going to draft around the same spot they did last year, maybe a bit lower.

I have a bad feeling that somehow or another the Hawks will win the draft lottery.

1 minute ago, mackel said:

I have a bad feeling that somehow or another the Hawks will win the draft lottery.

You never know with the lottery system now. NJ picking first last draft was ridiculous. 

Watch Edmonton get it. f***.

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

You never know with the lottery system now. NJ picking first last draft was ridiculous. 

It was Philly that got super lucky. They had the worst odds and got the second pick. Nj ended up like 5th worse so not a huge jump compared to Philly. 

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

I'd rather Edmonton get it than Chicago.  Imagine if they god a stud #1d on an ELC, after missing the playoffs once in 10 years with 3 cups in that span, not to mention all of the leagues help in burying contracts.

5 minutes ago, mackel said:

I'd rather Edmonton get it than Chicago.  Imagine if they god a stud #1d on an ELC, after missing the playoffs once in 10 years with 3 cups in that span, not to mention all of the leagues help in burying contracts.

And all those racist fans.

5 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

It was Philly that got super lucky. They had the worst odds and got the second pick. Nj ended up like 5th worse so not a huge jump compared to Philly. 

True. I thought Jersey was lower than 5th for some reason. 

Least Vegas isn’t there to pick 4th again before even playing one game. They’ll be 16th or lower. Shows how much talent is around the league these days when an expansion team made of “castoffs” does as good as they have this season. The Sens won 8 games their first season.

13 minutes ago, mackel said:

Yeah i’d rather Edmonton get it as well. They don’t deserve it, because they can’t seem to do s*** with it, but Chicago is on another level of undeserving after the breaks and success they’ve had. Whenever they were forced to move a key player, they always somehow found someone to take their place for cheaper. Like Panarin. It was funny when they had to trade him.

1 hour ago, mackel said:

Since the wings stink the last few years I don't see as many games as I once did, in my region... but this game is revealing, Kronwall looks out of place, Larkin looks as over rated as I've thought, and we are short an NHL caliber coach.

Oh and why are we trading the goalie with upside again?

Because his "upside" hasn't materialized after 4 years in the NHL. At some point "upside" becomes "never gonna happen."

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Because his "upside" hasn't materialized after 4 years in the NHL. At some point "upside" becomes "never gonna happen."

Not looking too bad these days though. I was weary of his play falling off, but it hasn’t. There comes a time when guys who struggle finally get it. He wasn’t even given a chance to run with some starts earlier in the year. They gave him a chance and he’s doing a great job. It is what it is right now. If Holland dumps him, I only see him working even harder wherever he goes. 

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Not looking too bad these days though. I was weary of his play falling off, but it hasn’t. There comes a time when guys who struggle finally get it. He wasn’t even given a chance to run with some starts earlier in the year. They gave him a chance and he’s doing a great job. It is what it is right now. If Holland dumps him, I only see him working even harder wherever he goes. 

Agreed. IF he ever gets his act together, it won't be in Detroit. That's why it might be best for both sides to part ways. 

35 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Agreed. IF he ever gets his act together, it won't be in Detroit. That's why it might be best for both sides to part ways. 

I know it’s only been a ten start stretch since he’s turned things around and everyone is skeptical (rightly so), but he’s gotta start somewhere, right?

I meant if he is doing well here now, he’ll likely continue doing well if moved. Would be a shame for it not to be in Detroit after all the time invested in him. 

But in the end it’s on Holland.