• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
greene709

Some good news for Holland haters

Rate this topic

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't have time to explain how corporate politics work, so I'll just remind you of the rules again since I see you're still struggling with those.

Forum Rules? Hmmmm....you don't say...

Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit

59 minutes ago, ben_usmc said:

He's been here 20 years and if there is one thing Kenny Holland has proven is loyalty means a lot to him. I can't see him jetting after this long.

His “loyalty” is what got this team in the cap mess it’s currently in. 

“complacency” is more like it. Too comfy in the GM chair. Illitch needs to go kick the back of that chair and tell him to gtfo.

16 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

“complacency” is more like it. Too comfy in the GM chair. Illitch needs to go kick the back of that chair and tell him to gtfo.

Cap mess getting cleaned up! Petr to Philly! Hooray

25 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Be careful what you wish for lol. Mrazek just got sent off. No loyalty there. 

29 minutes ago, kliq said:

Agreed, the only way I dont see it happening is if he wants to step down.

Taboo points to talk about:

I actually think Holland has been exceptionally good at selling for a man who's never had to. In my work experience buying takes a whole different attitude than selling. Ive been pretty impressed by Holland's ability and activeness on the market, for who a guy who's almost always been in the other camp.

I still question his buying ability thou

19 hours ago, kickazz said:

Never has been any towards him. Why would that change? If your not Larkin, Mantha, or a longtime vet, your expendable to Holland. 

Not exactly a secret.

15 hours ago, kliq said:

Agreed, the only way I dont see it happening is if he wants to step down.

I like my kicking his ass out of the GM chair this summer much better. 

If he gets one more season, it should be as a stop gap measure until they can figure out his replacement. 

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Never has been any towards him. Why would that change? If your not Larkin, Mantha, or a longtime vet, your expendable to Holland. 

Not exactly a secret.

I like my kicking his ass out of the GM chair this summer much better. 

If he gets one more season, it should be as a stop gap measure until they can figure out his replacement. 

That's why I said one more year. Yzerman's contract is up after next season, i believe, and he has yet to sign an extension. Sign Holland for one more year and then go after Yzerman (as far fetched as it might be).

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That's why I said one more year. Yzerman's contract is up after next season, i believe, and he has yet to sign an extension. Sign Holland for one more year and then go after Yzerman (as far fetched as it might be).

Agreed its far fetched, but if you want Yzerman, you need to go for it. If you have a defeatist attitude (not implying you do in any way), you're never going to land big acquisitions. 

21 hours ago, kliq said:

Agreed its far fetched, but if you want Yzerman, you need to go for it. If you have a defeatist attitude (not implying you do in any way), you're never going to land big acquisitions. 

I agree. I think the belief that Yzerman is a pipe dream is overly pessimistic. People have to remember that Stevie captained this team into a dynasty. I would imagine that seeing this team fall into shambles weighs heavily on him. How would you feel if you built a successful business only to see it fail when you left? I do believe there is a chance that he would want to return to Detroit to rebuild this franchise to its former glory.  Only this time as a GM, not as a player.

6 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Holland to Arizona for a 2743 6th rounder.

Ya really think that franchise lasts in AZ?

On 2/19/2018 at 9:21 PM, kickazz said:

On 2/19/2018 at 8:55 PM, chaps80 said:

Why would anyone ever want to play for a team that shows loyalty to its players? Holland must be an idiot if he thinks that would ever work.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Ya really think that franchise lasts in AZ?

Why would anyone ever want to play for a team that shows loyalty to its players? Holland must be an idiot if he thinks that would ever work.

Being loyal to Zetterberg and Lidstrom is one thing, being loyal “overpaying and NTC” for tertiary players is another. He’s being loyal to the wrong players and hurting the team. This isn’t an uncapped league.

27 minutes ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

Being loyal to Zetterberg and Lidstrom is one thing, being loyal “overpaying and NTC” for tertiary players is another. He’s being loyal to the wrong players and hurting the team. This isn’t an uncapped league.

Bang on. He’s like a guy who’s remodeling his house, but gets screwed into paying too much for a used furnace that quits on him in a year or two just because someone said it would work for the next ten.

Ken Holland had a great run as a Red Wings GM, pre-salary cap. The entire mission of Jimmy D. and Holland going into the 1990s with the Russian 5 was that the Ilitch family gave them an open check book.

Holland doesn't understand developing talent, working within a framework of caps, nor how to re-attract a fan base. While most intelligent teams got grittier, to counterbalance the lack of ability to sign big stars, Holland got smaller and less talented.