• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

Karlsson on the move?

Rate this topic

I'd love to have Karlsson on this team. What team wouldn't? But I wouldn't pay the price it's going to take to get him here for only one guaranteed season. I'd much rather go after him as a UFA in 2019. We need to build our blueline through the draft (Dahlin?) and trading for young, unproven, high potential prospects (Foote?)... F*** giving up the farm for what could potentially be a rental.

17 minutes ago, e_prime said:

A rental?  Kr... you know if he comes to Detroit it's only to take his rightful spot as the leader of the Sweeedishhh Mafia, right?  Instant re-signing.  ;)

Woah woah. He could never take over supreme leadership aka the Don I’d say he becomes like the Underboss or something

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Karlsson to Detroit would start with one of either Larkin or Mantha, And with his ankle issue it's too rich for my blood.

"start" being the key word here. It would take MUCH more than that, and it's just not worth it for one year (to negotiate a new deal)...

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

A rental?  Kr... you know if he comes to Detroit it's only to take his rightful spot as the leader of the Sweeedishhh Mafia, right?  Instant re-signing.  ;)

Nah, I think Karlsson tests free agency regardless. Unless of course, he really likes the fit with whatever team trades for him, and they offer max term / dollars. I like Karlsson a lot, but I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable giving up what it would take to get him, or the max contract it would take to get him locked up...

18 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

"start" being the key word here. It would take MUCH more than that, and it's just not worth it for one year (to negotiate a new deal)...

Nah, I think Karlsson tests free agency regardless. Unless of course, he really likes the fit with whatever team trades for him, and they offer max term / dollars. I like Karlsson a lot, but I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable giving up what it would take to get him, or the max contract it would take to get him locked up...

Lets be honest though, out of all the teams he could get traded to; unless it’s a contender, his next best place to suit him is the Red Wings. All of his closest hockey friends are from here. Franzen, Zetterberg, Kronwall.

19 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Lets be honest though, out of all the teams he could get traded to; unless it’s a contender, his next best place to suit him is the Red Wings. All of his closest hockey friends are from here. Franzen, Zetterberg, Kronwall.

Franzen is done. Zetterberg will likely be done in the next couple years. Same goes for Kronwall and Ericsson. Nyquist may be gone this week. I don't see Karlsson having much interest unless we draft Dahlin. Imagine a top pair of Dahlin - Karlsson for the next decade...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Franzen is done. Zetterberg will likely be done in the next couple years. Same goes for Kronwall and Ericsson. Nyquist may be gone this week. I don't see Karlsson having much interest unless we draft Dahlin. Imagine a top pair of Dahlin - Karlsson for the next decade...

They’ll still be around here at least half time, their kids were all born here if I’m not mistaken.

It will be interesting to see if any Swedes take jobs in management

Edited by kickazz

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

They’ll still be around here at least half time, their kids were all born here if I’m not mistaken.

It will be interesting to see if any Swedes take jobs in management

Yeah, but just being in the state and seeing them every now and then isn't the same as going to the rink and working side by side every day.

I'm still hopeful Lidstrom will come back as a defense coach...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, but just being in the state and seeing them every now and then isn't the same as going to the rink and working side by side every day.

I'm still hopeful Lidstrom will come back as a defense coach...

It’s still better than the other options he has with other noncontending teams. Any native friends to be close to is better than none. 

11 minutes ago, kickazz said:

It’s still better than the other options he has with other noncontending teams. Any native friends to be close to is better than none. 

There will be plenty teams in the league that will likely have more prominent Swedes on their team than the Red Wings in 2-3 years time. I'm not saying he wouldn't be willing to negotiate, I just think he will end up testing free agency. Regardless, I wouldn't trade for Erik Karlsson. Wait until 2019 to see if we could sign him.

20 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

There will be plenty teams in the league that will likely have more prominent Swedes on their team than the Red Wings in 2-3 years time. I'm not saying he wouldn't be willing to negotiate, I just think he will end up testing free agency. Regardless, I wouldn't trade for Erik Karlsson. Wait until 2019 to see if we could sign him.

The point is our Swedes are his close friends.

Alfredsson was convinced to come here by the Swedes. Karlsson can too

Edited by kickazz

10 minutes ago, kickazz said:

The point is our Swedes are his close friends.

Alfredsson was convinced to come here by the Swedes. Karlsson can too

What makes you think he's any closer to our Swedes than any of the others in the league though? Is this actually a thing? If so, you may be right. But I find it hard to believe that he's closer to players a decade older than some that are in his age group...

3 hours ago, brett said:

id be completely fine moving mantha or aa for him

were not getting dahlin

we can build around karlsson but karlsson is most likely wanting an already contender team

Is this the Frank Grimes school of logic? Always think the worst so can be "positively surprised" if things work out. We probably won't land him, but dont act like getting him is like winning the actual lottery. If we finish near the bottom, we very well could.

Edited by kliq

40 minutes ago, kliq said:

For everyone against this......what would your opinion be if it was a sign-and-trade?

The assets we' have to give up to acquire Karlsson would create holes just as large elsewhere on the roster. Gotta get this done through the draft, make a play for him next summer when all he would cost is money and cap space. 

No no no to trading for him.

We are acquiring assets to rebuild this team, trading for him would cost too many of those assets we have already.  If he wanted to test UFA and sign here on a Swedish discount, I'm all for it!

No to trading for him...can't say it enough.

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Karlsson is gonna pull an Alfredsson. Remember this post so I can gloat about it later.

I will help you goat because I too believe he may come here cheaper than somewhere else.

If that is what you are referring to when you say "pull and Andersson."

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

What makes you think he's any closer to our Swedes than any of the others in the league though? Is this actually a thing? If so, you may be right. But I find it hard to believe that he's closer to players a decade older than some that are in his age group...

johanbjork-erikkarlsson-henrikzetterberg

Z5wR1RV.jpg?1

xxRSlWr.jpg?1