• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

32 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Holland on the situation:

“I want us to be a team that can compete for the Stanley Cup,” he said. “We are not quite where we need to be. In order to be there, we need to acquire draft picks, and we need to hit on those draft picks, or young players through trades. It’s about trying to acquire pieces that I think are going to impact this team three, four years down the road in order to build a team that’s a playoff team that’s got a young foundation. That’s the goal.

“I’m open for business. I also believe that’s important to have team that’s competitive.”

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/02/20/why-detroit-red-wings-traded-petr-mrazek-ken-holland-nhl-trade-deadline/354058002/

It's going to look great if they make the conference finals

I can see Holland’s thinking about draft picks (FINALLY!), but he’s talking about drafting young players that can be possible impact players in the future. He just gave up a young impact player (when he’s on his game), a goalie no less. Kinda counterproductive. The return wasn’t enough. 

I don’t think i’ve seen a GM give up on a goalie like Mrazek so soon before and give him away so cheap. He had all the time he needed to get him to where he needed him to be. He was here three seasons if you count the two part seasons. One season as the starting goaltender. How many teams give up on a goalie after one season? He worked hard all summer, wasn’t really given a chance to have a good run of starts till they wanted to showcase him. And wouldn’t ya know, he was lights out. But Holland couldn’t let a crappy pick get away and worried about his qualifier for one season. It wouldn’t have sunk the team financially. Is he going to treat all underperforming young players in the same fashion? Get rid of them if they don’t produce results fairly quickly? If so, this team is gonna suck for a long time.

Theres no way Philly reaches the ECF. They are a bubble team. Third rounder is the best outcome.

18 minutes ago, Krayzie_Bone said:

Well at least they traded him while he was hot and before he goes on one of his 6 goal blow ups again and then tanks for a month.

May happen. But I don’t think he’ll regress that far at this point. If he would have, it would have happened a few games ago. I think he’s got it together. New team with playoff hopes gives him an extra reason to keep sharp.

Although when Elliott returns, he’ll probably get his starting job back regardless of what happens.

Edited by chaps80

Good move. We as a team in a cap era can't afford to have 9+ million tied up on the G's. Mrazek was a RFA and was going to demand 4.5 to 5 million per year to resign. He has been a headace in the locker room. Time for everyone to move on. This is a deal that should work for everyone: the RW's, the Flyers, and Mrazek. I now hope he gets red hot and leads to Flyers to the finals! Then they will have to resign him and we get the other pick!

5 minutes ago, Richdg said:

Good move. We as a team in a cap era can't afford to have 9+ million tied up on the G's. Mrazek was a RFA and was going to demand 4.5 to 5 million per year to resign. He has been a headace in the locker room. Time for everyone to move on. This is a deal that should work for everyone: the RW's, the Flyers, and Mrazek. I now hope he gets red hot and leads to Flyers to the finals! Then they will have to resign him and we get the other pick!

Yeah, a second and a third wouldn’t begin to make up for Mrazek leading the Flyers to the Finals and maybe winning the Cup the same season he was traded. It would look like a disasterous move to every GM in the league and make Holland a laughing stock. Not that he already isn’t to some. 

Not that they’ll make it that far, but LOL.

Anyone who's buying Hollands bs is a fool ,  Hollands Basically couldn't accept that mrazek went to arbitration , this wasn't a hockey move , all personal 

anyone actually believes were turning s*** around with holland and blashill are delusional , were not going to compete for another decade 

4 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Yeah, better lottery odds could be the silver lining here. If he goes down, who do the Wings have? Coreau and McCollum? Hahaha mannn that’s sketchy. 

In the article I read, it said Holland would explore options at the deadline regarding backups. But i’m sure he’ll go with Coreau.

Yeah, don’t see Mrazek returning. Either Hollands done with him, he’s done with Holland, or both don’t give a s***.

I think Holland should look at UFA journeyman backups in the off-season though. Unless Coreau shows he belongs in the NHL by that time. He still might sign one though. After Coreau, goaltending is very thin, besides the kids who aren’t ready yet.

That was probably the plan all along. At least now he has at least one more pick in the draft as well.

What I'm hoping for is that Mrazek plays lights out and gets Philly to the conference finals so that pick becomes a 2nd. Then I hope he craps the bed like he always does so that we know Holland did the right thing. Then I hope that Hextall falls for the "potential" mind trick and re-signs him so that we get a third rounder on top of it. Then Mrazek can continue his streaky, inconsistent play for 4 more years and we can post stuff from the Flyer boards about how he's the goalie of the future if only they would play him over Elliott, Neuvirth or whatever undeserving goalie is getting more starts.

Flyers goalie situation is not unlike the Wings.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/philadephia-flyers-goalie-brian-elliott-michal-neuvirth-ron-hextall-steve-mason-20170703.html

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Anyone who's buying Hollands bs is a fool ,  Hollands Basically couldn't accept that mrazek went to arbitration , this wasn't a hockey move , all personal 

anyone actually believes were turning s*** around with holland and blashill are delusional , were not going to compete for another decade 

"Nyqvist Is The Future"

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That was probably the plan all along. At least now he has at least one more pick in the draft as well.

What I'm hoping for is that Mrazek plays lights out and gets Philly to the conference finals so that pick becomes a 2nd. Then I hope he craps the bed like he always does so that we know Holland did the right thing. Then I hope that Hextall falls for the "potential" mind trick and re-signs him so that we get a third rounder on top of it. Then Mrazek can continue his streaky, inconsistent play for 4 more years and we can post stuff from the Flyer boards about how he's the goalie of the future if only they would play him over Elliott, Neuvirth or whatever undeserving goalie is getting more starts.

Flyers goalie situation is not unlike the Wings.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/philadephia-flyers-goalie-brian-elliott-michal-neuvirth-ron-hextall-steve-mason-20170703.html

Philly has been a goalie roulette wheel since Hextall played. Snow, Cechmanek, Boucher, Bryzgalov, Leighton, Bobrovsky (that trade bit em in the ass), Mason, Neuvirth, Elliott, now Mrazek. I’m missing more than a few there off the top of my head.

The Wings situation doesn’t compare.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

Philly has been a goalie roulette wheel since Hextall played. Snow, Cechmanek, Boucher, Bryzgalov, Leighton, Bobrovsky (that trade bit em in the ass), Mason, Neuvirth, Elliott, now Mrazek. I’m missing more than a few there off the top of my head.

The Wings situation doesn’t compare.

I was referring to the article that basically talks about them going into the season with 2 starters, but neither one all that spectacular. But you're right their overall history with goalies is horrendous since (ironically) Hextall.

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I was referring to the article that basically talks about them going into the season with 2 starters, but neither one all that spectacular. But you're right their overall history with goalies is horrendous since (ironically) Hextall.

Elliott is off and on. Good in Ottawa, traded to the Avs for Anderson, sucked there, signed in STL, and was among the top goalies in the league there. Two time All Star and elite level numbers. But they thought it was time for Allen to take over. He bombed in Calgary though. Horrid playoffs. Doing solid so far in Philly. I think he’s better than Neuvirth, but I doubt he replicates his STL days again.

17 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

DWhcCUHWAAIL-dH.jpg

giphy.gif

That just looks so wrong as a Wings fan first. Yet still cool to me as a Flyers fan second. I’m conflicted. Once he gets different gear, it’ll be easier. Haha

I wonder how he feels? I have a feeling he’s pretty happy for a fresh start and playoff push.

Edited by chaps80

4 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I dunno why people bring up the Vegas thing so much. They wanted Fleury as their long term starter. That was clear way before the draft took place. Why take Mrazek at $4 million, when he just finished an overall bad season (only reason he was even available) and was untradeable, when you already have your starter picked out? Makes no sense at all. Neither Mrazek or Howard (coming off a short season due to injury, untradeable as well) would have been taken in that draft. Detroit’s three goalies were totally safe either way he went with protection/exposure. 

The only goalie left in Vegas from that draft is Fleury. No surprise there. Pickard was waived after a dissapointing camp, and is third string in Toronto, Bérubé was an upcoming UFA only taken due to a big side deal with NYI to protect other players. signed with Chicago July 1, has started one game for them. 

Subban was claimed off waivers from Boston.

Picking players in that draft wasn't just about filling their roster with positions of need tho. They were picking far more players than they had roster spots, so some of their picks were just about acquiring assets to move later on. They did that with defenseman. The reason Vegas didn't take Mrazek wasn't just because they didn't NEED another goalie, its also because they didn't see any value in him (even for free) in order to trade him later. Think about it, they picked Nosek- a 24 year old bottom 6 forward who couldn't crack the NHL lineup... on a bad team. Nosek was a mediocre prospect with an average ceiling, and low trade value. And they still picked him over Mrazek! Let's not downplay that.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

So  its been confirmed that Neuvirth is out 4-6 weeks for  Philly. Elliott a bit longer. Huge opportunity for Mrazek there.

Tatar said he talked to him after the trade and he seemed happy and excited about the fresh start.

Holland also said something like “Were not contenders, but we’re not far away.” Wow man. Denial at its finest. But he also said he’s not focused on this season or next. Hopes to be better by 2019-20. Least there’s that...

Edited by chaps80

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Picking players in that draft wasn't just about filling their roster with positions of need tho. They were picking far more players than they had roster spots, so some of their picks were just about acquiring assets to move later on. They did that with defenseman. The reason Vegas didn't take Mrazek wasn't just because they didn't NEED another goalie, its also because they didn't see any value in him (even for free) in order to trade him later. Think about it, they picked Nosek- a 24 year old bottom 6 forward who couldn't crack the NHL lineup... on a bad team. Nosek was a mediocre prospect with an average ceiling, and low trade value. And they still picked him over Mrazek! Let's not downplay that.

They also had other better options to pick from than Nosek,  but still took him. A few of their picks were weird.

7 minutes ago, P. Marlowe said:

bc494c6f869287bc79f069c567b2107a.jpg

Heh that’s pretty cool!

Goalies need to stop being ******* and bring back the full face fiberglass.

1ABE321C-FB37-47DB-87B8-518E324CAE28.jpeg

Mrazek says he’s happy to join the Flyers, says his improvement over the last little while was due to working hard and getting MORE STARTS. Who would have guessed it?

"The last two months were better for our team in Detroit," said Mrazek, who was 72-58-20 with a 2.60 GAA and .912 save percentage in six seasons with Detroit. "I got to play more, had the chance to play more minutes. … I didn't play much the first half of the season and I think it was tough for me to find a game when I played once in two weeks, once in three weeks. I think it was tough.

"During that stretch, I worked hard on the ice and tried to improve my game, and I think in the last two months the game was in the right direction."

Flyers fans seem pretty pumped on their boards. Wings fans chiming in on there saying Holland f***ed up. We will see..

F26FD709-512F-4535-BA72-29350996FA68.jpeg

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Mrazek says he’s happy to join the Flyers, says his improvement over the last little while was due to working hard and getting MORE STARTS. Who would have guessed it?

"The last two months were better for our team in Detroit," said Mrazek, who was 72-58-20 with a 2.60 GAA and .912 save percentage in six seasons with Detroit. "I got to play more, had the chance to play more minutes. … I didn't play much the first half of the season and I think it was tough for me to find a game when I played once in two weeks, once in three weeks. I think it was tough.

"During that stretch, I worked hard on the ice and tried to improve my game, and I think in the last two months the game was in the right direction."

Flyers fans seem pretty pumped on their boards. Wings fans chiming in on there saying Holland f***ed up. We will see..

F26FD709-512F-4535-BA72-29350996FA68.jpeg

Prayers that Petr Mrazek takes the Flyers to the conference finals! 

Go Mraz go! 

Edited by kickazz