• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I looked for a bit but couldn’t find it. Only bits about trying to change parts of his game, which he had a hard time with and didn’t respond too well to attitude wise.

Othef tning I came across was that he really wasnt happy that Holland couldn’t/wouldn’t  trade Howard, and pretty much told him so. Howard’s contract sucks, but he wasn’t willing to budge on not retaining salary. Of course he would have had to retain salary on that contract to move it. No other way. He could have got it done. Can’t fault Mrazek for being a bit pissed that the starter he supposedly replaced was still around cause Holand sucks at the cap. I remember the Hasek/Joseph thing was tense to say the least. How she goes.

But anyways, it’s all in the past.  Mrazek is gone and he’s happy. Won his first start as a Flyer, allowing one goal. 4 more wins and a playoff berth and the Wings get their third.

This is pure speculation, but some Flyers fans are saying they think Hextall will cut him off after 4 wins before the playoffs to make the fourth stick. Even if he makes the playoffs, but only wins 4 games, pick stays as is. I’m sure they won’t pull that s*** though.

Resigning might happen though ,if they like him and the Wings get the other third. Neuvirth is always injured, Hextall is fed up, and they may be finished with him and go forward with Elliott and Mrazek instead. 

Bolded 1: If you don't have a source, it didn't happen. No one's taking your word for it. If you have bits and pieces share the source on the bits and pieces, I don't want just your personal interpretation of the source.

Bolded 2: Share the source. Again, I'm not going to take your interpretation of this mysterious source as doctrine. You need to share where your getting this info.

· DO post a link reference (or cite the TV/radio source) when reporting breaking news, reports, etc. 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Now that sums it up nicely. Holland’s reluctance to move on from Howard may cripple this team for awhile. Mrazek is gone, it’s done, but if they want to groom someone to take over eventually, whether it’s Coreau (if he’s capable) or one of the prospects, he and Blash need to fully commit to it, and soon.

Howard’s play has dropped off for the most part (again), and he could be one injury away from retirement. Not saying he’ll get another contract after next season, but if Holland is still around, he just might.

Sure, this season is a wash, but a lack of NHL capable goalies in the system currently is of concern, especially given Hollands 2019-20 goal to be a much better team. 

He sure looks content. Haven’t seen him without a grouchy look for awhile.

”Hey Kenny, f*** you!”

5160F020-4B48-422B-8B42-54B16AD203F3.jpeg

Chaps80, I hear you, and valid points at that. I am unsecure of who will replace Mrazek aswell. However, given this season, and most likely the next, we actually need a bad goalie.
I don't know for sure, but this might be Holland pulling the bathtub plug. It would in fact be an effective way to climb in the draft while still asking the younglings to go all out.
Not saying it's right, but food for thought.

Edited by Jacksoni

28 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Bolded 1: If you don't have a source, it didn't happen. No one's taking your word for it. If you have bits and pieces share the source on the bits and pieces, I don't want just your personal interpretation of the source.

Bolded 2: Share the source. Again, I'm not going to take your interpretation of this mysterious source as doctrine. You need to share where your getting this info.

Source for #2:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bob-Duff/Mrazeks-stock-plummets/216/85847

-Beyond his dismal numbers, the Wings also weren’t pleased when Mrazek forced their hand and they were required to file for arbitration last summer. There were also some issues involving Mrazek’s attitude, and it was thought last season’s switch of goalie coaches from Jim Bedard to Jeff Salajko, Mrazek’s goalie coach in AHL Grand Rapids, might help the situation, but that didn’t appear to be the case. He was also said to be very unhappy with the team for not trading Howard last summer.-

14 hours ago, chaps80 said:

This is pure speculation, but some Flyers fans are saying they think Hextall will cut him off after 4 wins before the playoffs to make the fourth stick. Even if he makes the playoffs, but only wins 4 games, pick stays as is. I’m sure they won’t pull that s*** though.

I don't see them doing this on purpose. If they did, Hextall would have difficulty making trades in the future that are conditional, other GMs wouldn't bother. It'd be like signing an RFA to an offer sheet, He won't handcuff himself like that.

6 hours ago, chaps80 said:

5160F020-4B48-422B-8B42-54B16AD203F3.jpeg

I think this guy changed my oil last week.

6 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Source for #2:

-Beyond his dismal numbers, the Wings also weren’t pleased when Mrazek forced their hand and they were required to file for arbitration last summer. There were also some issues involving Mrazek’s attitude, and it was thought last season’s switch of goalie coaches from Jim Bedard to Jeff Salajko, Mrazek’s goalie coach in AHL Grand Rapids, might help the situation, but that didn’t appear to be the case. He was also said to be very unhappy with the team for not trading Howard last summer.-

Stupid reason to be disgruntled. If you've won the starting job, and you're playing well enough to keep it, what difference does it make who the other goalie is?

19 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Exactly my thoughts. But people here are too busy screaming that we at least got 4th round pick for someone who is going to leave anyway forrgetting what is the actual reasons for this mess.

1 minute ago, RusDRW said:

Exactly my thoughts. But people here are too busy screaming that we at least got 4th round pick for someone who is going to leave anyway forrgetting what is the actual reasons for this mess.

In the final picture, it is nice to get something for the guy when he was going to leave UFA after not being qualified, but ya, before we had to settle for that result, the problem should have been addressed a long time ago.  IMO, they should've traded Jimmy 2 seasons ago, but instead they handled the situation like bumbling idiots.

Remember back when Hasek retired, we signed CuJo, then Hasek came back and that screwed everything up! What should've been a great experience for CuJo and us fans, turned out to be probably the worst experience CuJo could've had in his career! I mean we had him playing in the minors for pete's sake! I'm sure relations between those two became just as dicey as the relationship between Mrazek and Howard.

On 2/23/2018 at 6:25 AM, chaps80 said:

I looked for a bit but couldn’t find it. Only bits about trying to change parts of his game, which he had a hard time with and didn’t respond too well to attitude wise.

Othef tning I came across was that he really wasnt happy that Holland couldn’t/wouldn’t  trade Howard, and pretty much told him so. Howard’s contract sucks, but he wasn’t willing to budge on not retaining salary. Of course he would have had to retain salary on that contract to move it. No other way. He could have got it done. Can’t fault Mrazek for being a bit pissed that the starter he supposedly replaced was still around cause Holand sucks at the cap. I remember the Hasek/Joseph thing was tense to say the least. How she goes.

But anyways, it’s all in the past.  Mrazek is gone and he’s happy. Won his first start as a Flyer, allowing one goal. 4 more wins and a playoff berth and the Wings get their third.

Resigning might happen though ,if they like him and the Wings get the other third. Neuvirth is always injured, Hextall is fed up, and they may be finished with him and go forward with Elliott and Mrazek instead. 

I'm thinking it were that obvious that he was doing so, it would be illegal per CBA and NHL Rules. That is almost like circumventing the Cap in order to screw other teams. First of all, I am not sure if there is even a "cutting" process with the CB Rules and contracts.  I guess he could waive him, but that would still be a glaring circumvention of the trade agreement and probably would be a hefty fine involved, maybe even trading privileges revoke for a period of time. Plus not only would Hextall screw his relationship with Holland, there are 29 other GM's that would take notice of that act and also refrain from dealing with him. If there are actual "fans" saying they actually think he would do that, then they don't know crap about the business aspect of sports and probably barely anything about the sport itself. These are the fans that get up and scream at the TV when the plays goes offside asking WTF did they blow the whistle for!?!?!

24 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Come on Petr 4 more wins and Philly makes the playoffs and we get Phillies 2018 3rd make it to the Eastern Conference Finals and win 6 playoff games and we get their 2018 2nd instead.

...will we draft a LH'd or RH'd Pitcher or go with a Short Stop?

:P

Edited by LeftWinger

37 minutes ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

Howard being better than Mrazek seems to be a theme on this board but I just don't see it. Howard is horrid and is the goalie that should have been given away.

Howard is not better than Mrazek. They both have their inconsistencies.  Actually Howard is consistent, consistent at sucking after the All-Star break. Its just he is grossly overpaid and has another year on his contract so it would've been harder to trade. Plus Petr pissed in Holland's Wal-Mart brand Oatsie Rings so he was getting the ax before Jimmy anyhow.  I still hope that Howard is gone before next year as well!

Not unless the plan is, Petr steps it up, takes Philly to the ECF, we get the 2nd and the 2019 pick, Hextall doesn't qualify him, we dump Jimmy for a couple of pieces of burnt bacon, then sign Mrazek to a nice deal.....no? :lol:

Edited by LeftWinger

17 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I don't see them doing this on purpose. If they did, Hextall would have difficulty making trades in the future that are conditional, other GMs wouldn't bother. It'd be like signing an RFA to an offer sheet, He won't handcuff himself like that.

I think this guy changed my oil last week.

Stupid reason to be disgruntled. If you've won the starting job, and you're playing well enough to keep it, what difference does it make who the other goalie is?

It's not a stupid thing. Some goalies don't like their predecessor around when they've won his starting job. It's a distraction. Some don't care, some do. if your committed to that guy, you do whatever it takes to fix that situation so he can move on. He was always the top guy everywhere he played, and wanted that in Detroit. Some forget, goalies are creatures of some VERY weird habits that can throw their game off if not completed or addressed. Holland could have ate salary and moved Howard out, but wouldnt budge on it. Hextall couldnt start a game without touching each face off dot in his zone and then at center ice. Even got into a fight over it when one team in the playoffs tried to block the center dot so he couldnt touch it. Habits and confidence you are THE top guy. Can be absolutely critical to his success.

Edited by chaps80

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

In the final picture, it is nice to get something for the guy when he was going to leave UFA after not being qualified, but ya, before we had to settle for that result, the problem should have been addressed a long time ago.  IMO, they should've traded Jimmy 2 seasons ago, but instead they handled the situation like bumbling idiots.

Remember back when Hasek retired, we signed CuJo, then Hasek came back and that screwed everything up! What should've been a great experience for CuJo and us fans, turned out to be probably the worst experience CuJo could've had in his career! I mean we had him playing in the minors for pete's sake! I'm sure relations between those two became just as dicey as the relationship between Mrazek and Howard.

I'm glad to see a few people on here realizing that completely avoidable circumstances could have stopped the Mrazek/management downward spiral awhile back, and that Holland made a stupid choice that may make him look like a fool. "Money, work ethic, attitude, blah blah," had he aggressively shopped Howard and retained salary to get him outta town. Maybe Jimmy cried in Holland's off ice saying he wanted one more chance. Who knows. Either way, dumb.

The Cujo thing sucked for sure. He was also treated like s*** by Holland. One of the top 5 NHL goalies of his era playing in GR. f*** me.

2 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Come on Petr 4 more wins and Philly makes the playoffs and we get Phillies 2018 3rd make it to the Eastern Conference Finals and win 6 playoff games and we get their 2018 2nd instead.

And he still makes Holland look stupid. Making the ECF, something the Wings and Holland's prized Jimmy havent done since 2009, without a spectacular roster in front of him would just show he screwed up. But yay, 2nd rounder!

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Howard is not better than Mrazek. They both have their inconsistencies.  Actually Howard is consistent, consistent at sucking after the All-Star break. Its just he is grossly overpaid and has another year on his contract so it would've been harder to trade. Plus Petr pissed in Holland's Wal-Mart brand Oatsie Rings so he was getting the ax before Jimmy anyhow.  I still hope that Howard is gone before next year as well!

Not unless the plan is, Petr steps it up, takes Philly to the ECF, we get the 2nd and the 2019 pick, Hextall doesn't qualify him, we dump Jimmy for a couple of pieces of burnt bacon, then sign Mrazek to a nice deal.....no? :lol:

Mrazek wouldn't re-sign here unless he's desperate. He'd probably say "Show me $4 million" and hang up the phone.

@chaps80 still drooling over Mrazek? It’s over bro. He doesn’t care about you and he’s not your Red Wing anymore.

21 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

It's not a stupid thing. Some goalies don't like their predecessor around when they've won his starting job. It's a distraction. Some don't care, some do. if your committed to that guy, you do whatever it takes to fix that situation so he can move on. He was always the top guy everywhere he played, and wanted that in Detroit. Some forget, goalies are creatures of some VERY weird habits that can throw their game off if not completed or addressed. Holland could have ate salary and moved Howard out, but wouldnt budge on it. Hextall couldnt start a game without touching each face off dot in his zone and then at center ice. Even got into a fight over it when one team in the playoffs tried to block the center dot so he couldnt touch it. Habits and confidence you are THE top guy. Can be absolutely critical to his success.

It is a stupid thing. It’s also immature. 

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm thinking it were that obvious that he was doing so, it would be illegal per CBA and NHL Rules. That is almost like circumventing the Cap in order to screw other teams. First of all, I am not sure if there is even a "cutting" process with the CB Rules and contracts.  I guess he could waive him, but that would still be a glaring circumvention of the trade agreement and probably would be a hefty fine involved, maybe even trading privileges revoke for a period of time. Plus not only would Hextall screw his relationship with Holland, there are 29 other GM's that would take notice of that act and also refrain from dealing with him. If there are actual "fans" saying they actually think he would do that, then they don't know crap about the business aspect of sports and probably barely anything about the sport itself. These are the fans that get up and scream at the TV when the plays goes offside asking WTF did they blow the whistle for!?!?!

...will we draft a LH'd or RH'd Pitcher or go with a Short Stop?

:P

:lol: Sounds good to me.

Flyers got their first taste of Red Wings goaltending in today's game, up 5-1 with 3 minutes left and Mrazek gives up a couple in the dying minutes. Had they not got those insurance goals in the 3rd it could have gotten ugly quick. 

:lol: 

At least the Flyers have the offense there to make up for the late game bad goaltending. 

Two wins from Mrazek though, well on his way fattening our draft pick. 

On 2/23/2018 at 2:49 PM, chaps80 said:

Source for #2:

Really just sounds like conjecture. And isn't hockeybuzz.com the website with the with the Ekland rumors that no one trusts? Seems unlikely he'd really expect that.

57 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Really just sounds like conjecture. And isn't hockeybuzz.com the website with the with the Ekland rumors that no one trusts? Seems unlikely he'd really expect that.

There were other sites with the same content. I just chose that one. HSJ or Khan reported he told the team  that in "less than tactful terms"

Hmmm, looks like Howard was offered to NYI and Philly but Holland wanted too much. Surprise. At least Holland tried, somewhat, I guess. 

-The Red Wings tried to move goaltender Jimmy Howard to the New York Islanders earlier in the week, but their asking price of a high pick wasn't being met.

Since then, Jaroslav Halak made 50 saves Thursday in a 3-0 victory vs. the New York Rangers and Thomas Greiss stopped 45 shots in a 3-0 win at Carolina the next night.

That could curtail talks with the Islanders.

The Red Wings offered Howard or Petr Mrazek to Philadelphia after Flyers goalie Brian Elliott was injured last week (he had core muscle surgery and is expected to be out 5-6 weeks). The Flyers said they're not interested in either. They appear content with Michal Neuvirth, who has gone 3-0-1 since Elliott's injury.-

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/02/tampa_bay_best_fit_for_red_win.html

Edited by chaps80

1 hour ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Flyers got their first taste of Red Wings goaltending in today's game, up 5-1 with 3 minutes left and Mrazek gives up a couple in the dying minutes. Had they not got those insurance goals in the 3rd it could have gotten ugly quick. 

:lol: 

At least the Flyers have the offense there to make up for the late game bad goaltending. 

Two wins from Mrazek though, well on his way fattening our draft pick. 

One of those he should have had, but a win is win. That's what he was brought to Philly to do, give them a chance to win. He's gotten 1 or 2 points in 9 of his 11 games since his shutout against Chicago Jan. 14. 7 wins, 4 losses, 2 in OT. 2 shutouts. Not too shabby.

The fourth increasing to a third round pick is one thing I think most of us figure is going to happen.

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

@chaps80 still drooling over Mrazek? It’s over bro. He doesn’t care about you and he’s not your Red Wing anymore.

It is a stupid thing. It’s also immature. 

Were having a discussion. Isn't that what this place is for. If you don't want to read stuff in the Mrazek trade thread, then just don't click on it. Pretty simple. You got your precious Jimmy still, what do you care what i think?

I can't still be a fan of his in Philly, and hope he succeeds? The comment about him caring about me is pretty dumb. 

Edited by chaps80

11 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Were having a discussion. Isn't that what this place is for. If you don't want to read stuff in the Mrazek trade thread, then just don't click on it. Pretty simple. You got your precious Jimmy still, what do you care what i think?

I can't still be a fan of his in Philly, and hope he succeeds? The comment about him caring about me is pretty dumb. 

First bold: Because I care about you. 

All the non-bolded stuff: Don't get so mad over Mrazek dude. He's gone. This is like a really hard break up for you I feel like. 

As far as Jimmy. f*** em. Trade him tomorrow and get all the picks we can. 

Edited by kickazz

5 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I just hope we ship out Jimmy, too....just for all this nonsense to end.

And because I would like to have a Vezina caliber goalie in net. Or at least a goalie with the potential for that.

It could happen, but probably not until the offseason when he's got one year left. If NYI doesn't re-sign Halak, maybe a deal gets done then. Least Holland is open to it. That's progress.