• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

34 minutes ago, Buppy said:

As weak as the Metro is this year, that's not too unlikely.

But even if all we end up with is one third, it's arguably as good as or better than what Yzerman got for Bishop. Something for those complaining to think about.

I don't think anyone is too upset with the return on Mrazek. Those that are upset with the trade are because they feel he shouldn't have been traded at all. A team trying to rebuild should have kept the much younger, higher potential goaltender. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Yzerman traded the 30 year old Bishop because he wanted to go with the much younger Vasilevskiy. Smart move that payed off.

I think both Mrazek and Howard are worth more than a 3rd round pick, but I would have been okay with selling low on Howard if it meant sticking with the youth movement. Oh Well, Howard is our guy going forward, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him re-up again after this contract...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think anyone is too upset with the return on Mrazek. Those that are upset with the trade are because they feel he shouldn't have been traded at all. A team trying to rebuild should have kept the much younger, higher potential goaltender. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Yzerman traded the 30 year old Bishop because he wanted to go with the much younger Vasilevskiy. Smart move that payed off.

I think both Mrazek and Howard are worth more than a 3rd round pick, but I would have been okay with selling low on Howard if it meant sticking with the youth movement. Oh Well, Howard is our guy going forward, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him re-up again after this contract...

Well, there were at least a couple people pretty vocal about trading Mrazek for "peanuts". 

Mrazek was 26, and had played over 160 games. Not exactly a prospect. Most likely he's nothing more than what we've seen already, and looking at the more recent half of his play, it would seem far more reasonable to suspect that he'd be below average rather than anything we'd miss. But yeah, opinion.

Yzerman traded Bishop because he couldn't afford to keep both, and Vasilevskiy was playing better at the time. Looks good for now, probably not so much if Vas returns to the more pedestrian numbers he had prior years. But that's kind of beside the point.

Bishop was a two time Vezina finalist, widely regarded as one of the best goalies in the league, having a sub-standard year, and a pending UFA.

Mrazek was just a guy who had a pretty good overall 1st full year, a train wreck of a 2nd, slightly below average this year, and due a hefty QO making him fairly likely to be just a rental.

We really did not sell low.

If for you it's just all about that we should have kept Mrazek regardless, fine. I even said earlier that I wouldn't have been opposed to keeping him. My comment was intended for people complaining about the return. 

3 hours ago, joesuffP said:

Trade Mrazek or be stuck with both Jimmy and Mraz or let Mrazek walk for nothing. No brainer 

This.

One could say "walk for nothing? we should've kept him", but he was making 4M, which he did not back up with his play since signing that deal. So chances for re-signing him where almost non-existent, and what else than trading could you do in that situation? And the return is very good, given the circumstances.

Getting lit up, 6 goals on 21 shots against Tampa right now. We can go back and forth like this to the point that this is the new Howard = Average thread. Mrazek's inconsistency is going to hurt the Flyers in the playoffs and our pick value when it comes down to it. 

Philly so far, good game, okay game, shutout, and now 10 goals against in his last two games. This is why i'm glad we got something for him. 

32 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

If Philly’s backup plays well tomorrow I wouldn’t be surprised if Mrazek gets benched going forward

I highly doubt they go with Alex Lyon as their starter unless Mrazek has a few bad games.

7 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Getting lit up, 6 goals on 21 shots against Tampa right now. We can go back and forth like this to the point that this is the new Howard = Average thread. Mrazek's inconsistency is going to hurt the Flyers in the playoffs and our pick value when it comes down to it. 

Philly so far, good game, okay game, shutout, and now 10 goals against in his last two games. This is why i'm glad we got something for him. 

1 hour ago, joesuffP said:

If Philly’s backup plays well tomorrow I wouldn’t be surprised if Mrazek gets benched going forward

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

I think that was the most goals Flyers allowed in a game this season 

#petrmrazek

No it's not. Flyers aren't the best defensive team. They've also let in 6 against ANA and NSH earlier in the season as well (7-6 in this game, but last 1 is just SO pt.). And also 5 to NYI, OTT, SJS, PIT (twice), WSH(twice). VAN, NYR, NJD and TB in their previous meeting (obviously with a different goalie). They're kind of the high powered offence with young D still learning. It's why I don't think they're going far in the playoffs.

I feel like this is a bit of us having Mrazek under the microscope. I mean, It was a 6 to 6 shoutout game so Vasilevisky did just as badly. And he also has 10 goals in the past 2 games. And he's probably among the best goalies in the league right now? (Rinne probably) Are Tampa going to bench him for the rest of the season? Some off games or high scoring games just happen. I watched the 2nd half of this one and he wasn't really bad, but his rebound control remains one of his big shortcomings.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

27 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

No it's not. 

According to the scoreboard it's the most goals allowed against them this year. You know I'm correct on this.

28 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I feel like this is a bit of us having Mrazek under the microscope. I mean, It was a 6 to 6 shoutout game so Vasilevisky did just as badly. And he also has 10 goals in the past 2 games. And he's probably among the best goalies in the league right now? (Rinne probably) Are Tampa going to bench him for the rest of the season? Some off games or high scoring games just happen. I watched the 2nd half of this one and he wasn't really bad, but his rebound control remains one of his big shortcomings.

16 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Dang, even the best goalies let in 7 or 9 goals once in awhile... :lol:

...Except Mrazek isn't any of the best goalies in the league... At all.... The point we were making was Mrazek is inconsistent. As usual. Great goalies do have bad games but Mrazek has far too many bad ones on his plate. Making him average or below average. 

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

According to the scoreboard it's the most goals allowed against them this year. You know I'm correct on this.

But you know that the goal added to the shootout winner isn't the same as a goal against. The difference between this game and those other 2 games is that they tied it up and got through OT. Should that really be thought of as a worse game than when they simply got blown out in regulation? That seemed to be your point.

Simply put Mrazek wasn't going to be brought back.  IDK if there was some off ice stuff too, or if it was just him being pretty consistently bad for so long, but they had no intention of qualifying him, and at that point the odds of him returning were nil.  So it was trade him now or lose him for nothing later.  Regardless of how you feel, about him, Holland was ready to move on.

12 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

But you know that the goal added to the shootout winner isn't the same as a goal against. The difference between this game and those other 2 games is that they tied it up and got through OT. Should that really be thought of as a worse game than when they simply got blown out in regulation? That seemed to be your point.

Far as I’m concerned, scoreboard says 7-6 with Mrazek in net. You could make the excuses for Mrazek if you want, but Philly sure ain’t. 

And my response to Philly fans is : “welcome to the inconsistent nature of what is Petr Mrazek” 

Has two good games then allows 9 goals in 2 games. You honestly can’t defend that performance... They were winning that game at two different points and each time Mrazek collapsed and allowed 3 goals. 

It was one of the worst losses for Philly all year; a game they were winning for the most part.

They ain’t making the ECF like this.

Edited by kickazz

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

Far as I’m concerned, scoreboard says 7-6 with Mrazek in net. You could make the excuses for Mrazek if you want, but Philly sure ain’t. 

And my response to Philly fans is : “welcome to the inconsistent nature of what is Petr Mrazek” 

Has two good games then allows 9 goals in 2 games. You honestly can’t defend that performance... They were winning that game at two different points and each time Mrazek collapsed and allowed 3 goals. 

It was one of the worst losses for Philly all year; a game they were winning for the most part.

They ain’t making the ECF like this.

10 goals in 2 games: 4+6. I'd say Mrazek's had 5 good games before 1 meh game and then a definite bad one. Looks like he might be having another rough one right now, though the goals haven't been bad so far (and back-to-back is always a less likely win against a fresh team). 

Allowing 3 goals in a row only happened once in the game.

Not making excuses - discussing, putting context.

34 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

10 goals in 2 games: 4+6. I'd say Mrazek's had 5 good games before 1 meh game and then a definite bad one. Looks like he might be having another rough one right now, though the goals haven't been bad so far (and back-to-back is always a less likely win against a fresh team). 

Allowing 3 goals in a row only happened once in the game.

Not making excuses - discussing, putting context.

If you aren't making an excuse for him then, can you agree that your context concludes that he's an inconsistent goalie. His inconsistency ends up making him an overall average goalie (or below average). And that's why Holland let him go for something.  

People here think Mrazek will pull a Carey Price. That "oh he's just young just wait and be patient he'll become consistence and be amazing". 

No. This is far from the usual young goalie getting used to the NHL. Guy has played 160+ NHL games and still not consistent yet. 

Wow Mrazek getting lit up. 4 goals in 23 shots. 

I'm legit getting annoyed. This guy needs to win 2 more games. I hope the Flyers don't bench him. 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Perhaps, it's my way of finding out who actually reported who in the VPP ;) 

Damn, you caught that before I deleted it. Love ya kick, but you are really annoying to try to discuss with now. So many examples of trying to dumb down what I was saying or just talking past the other person - like saying to LeftWinger that Mrazek isn't one of the best goalies in the league even though no one said remotely close to that. 

And, yes, I know you think I reported you, but I absolutely did not. It's really annoying for me that I got dragged into that conflict. I don't know what to tell ya on that.

I miss the old kick, we don't need a troll for the board. Come back to us!

32 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Damn, you caught that before I deleted it. Love ya kick, but you are really annoying to try to discuss with now. So many examples of trying to dumb down what I was saying or just talking past the other person - like saying to LeftWinger that Mrazek isn't one of the best goalies in the league even though no one said remotely close to that. 

And, yes, I know you think I reported you, but I absolutely did not. It's really annoying for me that I got dragged into that conflict. I don't know what to tell ya on that.

I miss the old kick, we don't need a troll for the board. Come back to us!

Lol. If you think I'm trolling, you guys would all get destroyed by actual internet trolls and get pushed into suicidality. My way of talking is amateur compared to those guys.  

So maybe I like to argue, challenge opinions, ruffle a few feathers. Big deal. It doesn't mean I don't truly believe Mrazek is not a good goalie. Ya'll just get overly sensitive and personal about it because some of  ya'll have high hopes for players you like. 

You say it was context, I say it's an excuse. Prove me wrong then.

Everyone here loves to give Leftwinger, Richdg s***. Personally attack them in fact. And when I try to challenge some of your opinions on players, You feel "Trolled"?

Whatevs. Guess that's the PC world we live in and why this website lost so many users cause all the overly sensitive people reported the strong opinioned, abrasive posters (who end up being right anyway). 

Flyers lose 4-1. 

Edited by kickazz