• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I miss the old kick, we don't need a troll for the board. Come back to us!

You know what, I thought long and hard about it. I will return. I will now stop hurting peoples feelings about players they like beings busts and let them figure it out when the time comes. 

Edited by kickazz

19 hours ago, kickazz said:

Lol. If you think I'm trolling, you guys would all get destroyed by actual internet trolls and get pushed into suicidality. My way of talking is amateur compared to those guys.  

So maybe I like to argue, challenge opinions, ruffle a few feathers. Big deal. It doesn't mean I don't truly believe Mrazek is not a good goalie. Ya'll just get overly sensitive and personal about it because some of  ya'll have high hopes for players you like. 

You say it was context, I say it's an excuse. Prove me wrong then.

Everyone here loves to give Leftwinger, Richdg s***. Personally attack them in fact. And when I try to challenge some of your opinions on players, You feel "Trolled"?

Whatevs. Guess that's the PC world we live in and why this website lost so many users cause all the overly sensitive people reported the strong opinioned, abrasive posters (who end up being right anyway). 

Flyers lose 4-1. 

You're wrong on that. I don't think the reason for people leaving message boards with too much "trash talk" is them being overly sensitive. It's more a simple rational decision going like "ok, there are enough people in my daily (work) life, that I find annoying and have to deal with...why would I spend time on anything like that when I just don't have to?".

23 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

You're wrong on that. I don't think the reason for people leaving message boards with too much "trash talk" is them being overly sensitive. It's more a simple rational decision going like "ok, there are enough people in my daily (work) life, that I find annoying and have to deal with...why would I spend time on anything like that when I just don't have to?".

It’s cuz the Red Wings suck

1 hour ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

Ok, if anybody has had to endure YEARS of trash talk and annoying situations, it's me, but damn if anyone is going to trash talk me off my forum! Well, technically not mine, but I've been here for 15 years, am a booster and will never stop loving the Wings, which is why it's ok to get trash talked. we are all such big fans, we are allowed to show our disdain for the direction of the team and even the folks that trash talk can see the team is bad right now, but it's also their right to defend their point of view. We've lost a lot a members because the team is horrible right now, it just shows how much of a fan they were. I've been a fan since 1979, endured through my teens in the 80's to really and truly appreciate the dynasty time. A lot of fans latched on when they started winning, and now they're gone. The few of us that come here everyday, even if it's for a few minutes will also be the ones that truly deserve this place when the team starts winning again. The fans that have left us the last 4-5 years will reappear, but we who have remained to enjoy this place in the lean times will know who really deserves this place and this team. User who claim getting trash talked off of here just can't handle the state this team is in. We were the Dead Things back then, we built and became what we were. We aren't quite Deaf Things now, but we will be great again. Then we'll see how many fairweather fans come back here.

I dont think you can go from "not visiting an internet message board anymore" to "not Wings fans anymore". How would we know what these people spend their time with? Might still watch the games, might still talk about the team every day - but rather with friends or co-workers than on this board.

2 hours ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I dont think you can go from "not visiting an internet message board anymore" to "not Wings fans anymore". How would we know what these people spend their time with? Might still watch the games, might still talk about the team every day - but rather with friends or co-workers than on this board.

Well usually people who are hardcore fans end up becoming posters on forums. When you stop becoming hardcore about it you generally don't have interest in talking about it to people outside of maybe real life or the occasional games. 

I think previous posters are still fans, just not as into it anymore. I mean; look at the stadium. An arena that was once packed is now 70% full this season at best. 

People still like the Red Wings, a lot of them just aren't as into it anymore. Detroit Pistons have this issue as well. 

Edited by kickazz

Yeah, absolutely.

Imho that's not just a Detroit problem, or a success thing. Sure, winning teams are at lesser risk of not selling out the arena than losing teams, but there might be another component to it.

At some point, the pro leagues might need to consider that the number of games in one season AND the number of timeouts in one game might no longer be tolerated by todays fans.

If I was living in the Detroit area, would I consider buying season tickets? NO, absolutely not, and that wouldnt even be about the price. It would be about the fact that it's 82 m...fkin games per season, which means you would have half your evenings every week blocked by games, and if you don't go, you waste money that you've already spent.

Make it 60 games, 2 games a week, I'd be much more likely to buy. And every single game would be much more meaningful, too.

And if you go to a game (or watch it on TV..), there is how many interruptions for commercials? 20? It's beyond me how all that could happen. If anything in sports would justify the pitchforks, right up the asses of the Goodells, Bettmans and Silvers, it would be this crap.

Why do I think this is more of an issue today than it was before? Because with the way this world is developing, all the social media stuff, people just tend to question things more than they did in previous decades, and that's going to continue.

And at some point, fans will say "hey, you know what? leave us alone with 120 RS games with 30 commercials, so that you guys can earn another 50% more of your already insane salaries...we don't watch that anymore". :bye:

At least I hope it will turn out like that...sooner rather than later. :eh:

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

23 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The hardest core fans get banned on here but come back due to their hard coredness overcoming the odds.  The more bans, the deeper the core hardens.

Rarely happens. But one of your wittier posts.

This place is nowhere what it was a few years ago when the team was competitive. It's tough to keep coming back and talking about a bad team with no direction and poor management, it's just depressing. The GDTs have no heart anymore, Mikey who did the GDTs here virtually all season, every season for how many years isn't even around this year because of how rough this team is. Some GDTs don't hit two pages. I've lost motivation to keep up with it because it's been such a decline in interest. 

It is what it is, you can't blame anyone for not wanting to sit through these games and talk about tires being kicked and the dumb decisions the coach makes game after game.

The important thing to take away here, is Mrazek is gone. And that is a step in the right direction. Now he's in Philly, not playing well, not playing like a starter, and that's giving me even more justification to gain draft picks for him who very likely wasn't going to be the future of this team.

Thanks for those of you who have stuck around, even though I think that old cheese smell is coming from Kickazz. 

The other issue is the lottery system.

I was at the Nashville/Detroit game 2 weeks ago, and its a really weird feeling to know that if your team wins, its going to hurt them.

Its one things at the beginning of the season as anything is possible even if its unlikely, but at this point we are not making the playoffs and the best thing for us is to lose. That's not something that I want to watch 3-4 times a week.

Everyone has a way to cope with the Wings being terrible. I’m just a passive aggressive Wings fan that’s projecting my anger caused by the mediocrity of the franchise at my poor fellow posters by being mean and arguing with them. :(

In a sense I feel betrayed and cheated on by my franchise and have a guard up.

The truth is I need help. I need everyone here to help me get through the tragedy of the Detroit Red Wings. 

Lets take care of ourselves and each other. 

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

This place is nowhere what it was a few years ago when the team was competitive. It's tough to keep coming back and talking about a bad team with no direction and poor management, it's just depressing. The GDTs have no heart anymore, Mikey who did the GDTs here virtually all season, every season for how many years isn't even around this year because of how rough this team is. Some GDTs don't hit two pages. I've lost motivation to keep up with it because it's been such a decline in interest. 

It is what it is, you can't blame anyone for not wanting to sit through these games and talk about tires being kicked and the dumb decisions the coach makes game after game.

The important thing to take away here, is Mrazek is gone. And that is a step in the right direction. Now he's in Philly, not playing well, not playing like a starter, and that's giving me even more justification to gain draft picks for him who very likely wasn't going to be the future of this team.

Thanks for those of you who have stuck around, even though I think that old cheese smell is coming from Kickazz. 

I may not post very often, but I'm always around reading other's posts.  Anyway, with Ottawa, Edmonton and Vancouver all winning tonight, I'm gonna be pretty annoyed if the Wings win tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Step 11 over!!

I take my frustration out on Holland usually.  Would be funny if one of you were actually Kenny.

No, what would be funny is if this went the route of fight club, and YOU were Ken Holland. Maybe you are, but you don’t know it yet!

I mean, changing up avatars from the Dragonball Anime stuff might be a good step in the right direction. I'm just tossing that out there. I thought we settled on a monthly theme, but it's remained stagnant. 

I have my Fez avatar waiting for That 70's Show month.

12 hours ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

At some point, the pro leagues might need to consider that the number of games in one season AND the number of timeouts in one game might no longer be tolerated by todays fans.

If I was living in the Detroit area, would I consider buying season tickets? NO, absolutely not, and that wouldnt even be about the price. It would be about the fact that it's 82 m...fkin games per season, which means you would have half your evenings every week blocked by games, and if you don't go, you waste money that you've already spent.

Make it 60 games, 2 games a week, I'd be much more likely to buy. And every single game would be much more meaningful, too.

I agree with you that an 82 game schedule seems too long, but I don't think shortening the season would have the intended consequences.

First: Neither the owners, nor the players would agree to it. The owners wouldn't because you're cutting out 25% of their ticket sales, and 25% of their advertising revenue and 25% of their tv contractual agreements. The players would oppose it because their salaries would have to go down to compensate for it.

Second: If the number of games drops by a 1/4, the ticket prices will actually go up to compensate for the lost revenue.

Third: You would only be able to see star players on teams in the other conference at your team's home games every other year at best. That would also hurt ticket sales. People actually buy tickets to see guys like Crosby and McDavid come to town.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/261588/average-ticket-price-major-us-sports-leagues/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attendance_figures_at_domestic_professional_sports_leagues

The average ticket price in the NHL was roughly $62 in 2015. It was $93 for the NFL, $56 for the NBA, and $31 for MLB. The reason that MLB has the lowest ticket prices despite having the highest salary cap is because they have the double the number of games of the NHL and double the seating capacity. So basically quadruple the number of ticket sales. The NFL has the fewest number of games, but almost 4 times the seating capacity for one game. Where was I going with this? Oh, yeah. The NHL already has the 2nd highest ticket prices among the 4 major leagues. That's because they have the fewest opportunities to sell tickets based on number of seats and number of games. They also get the least amount of revenue from advertisers and tv contracts. This makes the prices what  they already are. If you do anything to lessen that revenue then payroll gets cut (have fun with a lower salary cap Ken), and ticket prices go up. Season ticket prices don't go down, and fewer people go to see games resulting in even less revenue. Not good.

If there was a way to shorten the season while avoiding any of those problems, I think  it would be a welcomed change.

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Lets be honest here - you enjoy being a jerk :taunt:

Change up my 'Stevie & Shanny' avatar?

Never!

It reminds me of better times.

200d237d6416b12ce58384cdf8779eac--bruins

"Happy Days" theme song playing in my head.

13 hours ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I'm guessing you've never been a season seat holder of an NHL team.  I haven't either, but some of my friends hold at least partial season tickets in Toronto (where I live).  That isn't relevant to my discussion though, other than to say "if you can't make a game, it's very easy to sell the ticket" - here anyway....used to be the case in Detroit as well....but not sure what it's like now.

But my main point is...you don't have half your evenings blocked by games....you aren't talking about 82 games a year, you are talking about 41 home games.  I looked at the home games over this season and this is the breakdown in terms of home games per week:

- Weeks with only 1 home game = 9

- Weeks with 2 home games = 7

- Weeks with 3 home games = 6

- Weeks with 0 home games = 5

17 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

I'm guessing you've never been a season seat holder of an NHL team.  I haven't either, but some of my friends hold at least partial season tickets in Toronto (where I live).  That isn't relevant to my discussion though, other than to say "if you can't make a game, it's very easy to sell the ticket" - here anyway....used to be the case in Detroit as well....but not sure what it's like now.

But my main point is...you don't have half your evenings blocked by games....you aren't talking about 82 games a year, you are talking about 41 home games.  I looked at the home games over this season and this is the breakdown in terms of home games per week:

- Weeks with only 1 home game = 9

- Weeks with 2 home games = 7

- Weeks with 3 home games = 6

- Weeks with 0 home games = 5

I was a Wings season ticket holder for the last 4 or 5 years (I quit this year because of their new BS rules).

They had 41 games packages, 20 game packages, and 10 game packages.